Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cant sign in

I cant sign into my mixer account, so Im done...how do you fail at making it simple to sign the * in...on twitch Im always signed in so ** mixer Ill just watch the streamers on youtube.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. unable to sign in

i'm unable to sign into my account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Making the Mixer website great with screenreaders again

As of Mar 10, 2020 the Mixer website worked well with my screen reader. When I tried to use it to download my videos on Mar 11, 2020 it was totally changed. Now I can't find the download buttons for my videos and honestly I'm thinking that the website is not as accessible as I once thought it would continue to be. As A blind streamer I really loved how easy the format of the Mixer website was and how great it had been for helping me establish and grow my streaming community. I really hope that the website is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey – thanks for the feedback, but this is actually a bug! This shouldn’t be filed as feedback because this is something that should be working!

Please contact support so they can get information and file a bug so that we can pass this to the engineering team!

Thank you!
    Tara

4. Mods should get free subs to the partners they mod for.

Mods should get free subs to the partners they mod for.
    It's not fair that we cant afford to support out streamers monitarily but we volunteer our time and make great efforts to make the stream exactly how the partnered streamer wants their stream to look.
    By getting free subs to the streamer, the mod can gain sparks to support their streamer and also is an example of what a viewer can get to be a sub.
    For some streams, it also allows the mods access to the other sub-perks that subs get. Granted, it's not "nice" of the streamer…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for moderating on Mixer!

However, because Partners can make any number of mods, we can’t give mods free subs which has a clear cost. A partner could make a hundred mods not to have the mods but just to get the subs, and that’s not what moderators are for.

However, we definitely want to do more to honor all the greatly appreciated work moderators do. We’re trying to better honor moderators through the progression system by which viewers who aren’t subscribers can still rank up in the channel. They might get access to exclusive emotes or skills over time. Furthermore, we’re exploring ways in which streamers can have more control over this – they might do something like moderator appreciation day and grant moderators more hearts for instance. We’re just getting started on this front :)

We’ve also added sub gifting by which other viewers can gift a…

5. follows not showing

I just got Mixer a few days ago. None of the channels I follow show up in the Following section. Maybe there's a bug or something?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. mixer academy site is down!

I think the Mixer Academy website is down after I have been trying to refresh it multiple times and asked multiple people and they have the same issue. It's just showing a blue screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unban

I was banned and i 100% know what i did and i would like to be unbanned and have a second try i will not break the rules again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mixer not ready for Ninja's viewers

How could Mixer not get their service running smoothly with the introduction of Ninja with all his viewers. I followed him across from Twitch but I have just been frustrating myself with Mixer. There is no PS4 or Apple TV app, so I can't watch him on my TV. I can't always catch him live so I want to catch up on past streams. Good luck to anyone trying to stream a VOD. It is literal ****. It buffers continuously to the point where I just quit and close Mixer and go watch Youtube or twitch. Mixer, if you want…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

If you’re having issues with the functionality of the app, please contact the Mixer support team at https://mixer.com/contact – they’ll be able to help you trouble shoot and figure out the best course of action, and if it’s an issue, get it logged with the engineering team.

Thanks!

9. Vod Corruption fix

Hi, I'm SaberToothYT. Here is a problem... for a youtuber like me who can't yet afford a capture card to record I've need to rely on Mixer's VOD service ever since Twitch started charging. But you see, this is where the problem lies... There are decent CHUNKS that are corrupted in EVERY VOD! It makes it difficult to edit or just ruins that portion outright! I'm constantly running into chunks of the VOD with a green glitch at the bottom and a differently colored mirrored clip on the right side while the good clip is on the left! Please help…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

You should reach out to support with this issue!

This is where we share ideas. :)

If you go to https://mixer.com/contact – our amazing CAT team can help you out, and if it’s a bug on our side, they’ll get something logged with engineering.

Thanks!

10. Past Stream issues

Hi my name is MK180_Gaming & I’m having past recording stream issues, I just finished playing a game with friends on BattleField V & I went to go edit my video & it’s not loading up? it shows the thumbnail all clear & everything but once I click on it, it just keeps loading? but when my friend goes to his channel, everything is fine for him? Is this some bug that’s going around? help please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This sounds like something to have support help you with!

Reach out and they will be able to help you trouble shoot.

Thanks!

11. Vod Issues, Playback sometimes just stops and can't be re-started

Having issues while re-watching vods. It'll stop playing, lock up so scroll won't work, and can't be restarted.

Often the chat won't show if you skip ahead in the vod as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Private Stream

Please just build the ability to unlist streams from the home page. I want to play games privately with my Girlfreind due to the awesome low latency but it's not necessarily "private" if we are somewhere on listed.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we just rolled out “test streams” to partners that allow streamers to broadcast for short periods of time without their audience seeing, this is only for stream setup and configuration.

We do not have plans currently for private streams in light of enforcement concerns. Mixer is primarily focused on providing ways for gaming communities to grow together and hiding certain streams doesn’t align with our focus right now.

13. edge

Edge browser does not allow me to define a quality? Always when I tried to watch on Edge browser, its defined as "auto" and the video hangs. On google chrome everything works ok, but I would like to still using Edge.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! This sounds like a bug! Please contact Support for some trouble shooting steps, and if they can’t resolve, they’ll enter a bug in for tracking!

Thanks!

14. Fast forwarding issues

How is it sill a thing after somewhat years mixer has benn out that: When forwarding a VOD I get stuck on the forward bar 8 out of 10 times forcing me to restart mixer since it's not responding to anything. It is not funny at all having to hope that the forwarding on the VOD will work, but guess what very rarely it does. From a viewer perspective mixer is a terrible platform compared to twitch. I just don't get how this problem has not beenn adressed yet, weill maybe it is pure incompetence. This problem occurs on Xbox…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cant sign in from xbox

Hi my name is kaden, i want to sent messages/chat through mixer but i have to sign in but it just wont work it says "type in the six digit code that was just sent to your xbox" i then check my xbox and there is no code. Mixer please help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ADD A "MUSIC" CATEGORY FOR STREAMERS!

A "Music" Category would be a great addition to help grow mixer and the community. I believe mixer is missing out on not having a "music" category. Video game enthusiasts and music go hand and hand. Wether you are listing to music while gaming or using music in the background for your stream. Music is always in our life. If you can please Vote yes that Mixer should add a Music category for their streamers! This will help connect music and video game lovers who like to live stream music!

Thank You!

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do not have plans to incorporate a broader music category since in the past some have (usually non-maliciously) taken this to mean streaming of music to which rights are often not certain which can put the streamer at risk.

Instead we have categories like making music and producing that can be used for creative streamers today and we’re open to more specific categories like this in the future.

17. recordings not actually deleted

you can still see it by typing the URL

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This may have been a local caching issue. Does this occur when you type the URL on a different computer?

If so, this sounds like an issue for customer support! Please reach out to them at https://mixer.com/contact and they can help trouble shoot. If they find it’s something on our end, they’ll log a bug with engineering.

Thanks!

18. Mixer will not launch on Xbox now / but will on my tablet

Mixer wil not launch on Xbox now / but will on my tablet / cannot follow or stream on the Xbox / I have Xbox live gold / do I need game pass ? Any suggestion / new to this / Xbox purchased November 2018
    When trying to launch Mixer on the Xbox I get the notice;
    Try again in awhile
    Sorry, looks like our service isn’t working right. To check Xbox Live service status, go to https://support.xbox.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. VoD playback is terrible, stream is fine

VoD playback is really poor quality. Stream is fine, looks smooth and everything is readable. when i go to VoD playback, quality is terrible, near unwatchable. How can i fix this

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Streaming from Xbox One not working

When I attempt to stream through the Xbox One guide, the overlay shows as though I'm streaming, but my channel says I'm offline. Then if I re-open the guide and navigate to the Mixer tab it suddenly looks as though I wasn't broadcasting. The overlay will act as normal, time will count up, but always disappears if I re-check the Mixer tab. And my channel always shows as offline. No matter what settings I play with, or no matter how many hard reboots I can't solve this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

We’ve been unable to reproduce this issue with the information provided and it seems to be working correctly now. If you experience this issue again, I highly recommend that you enter a bug using the XBox Insiders app. This way we will get additional logs and can more easily investigate this issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
    Tara

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base