Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lower the Cost of GIFs

I would like to propose that the cost of GIFs go back down to 5k (or lower). GIFs are a way of communicating with the streamer, a way to be interactive with the chat, and honestly one of the primary ways I communicate and spend my sparks. Even as a mod, when chat dies I am able to communicate to the streamer through GIFs. I feel like increasing the price really restricts the use of the most versatile skill available.

304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

54 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone,

We’ve made several adjustments to our overall all spark economy over the last few months and this includes the cost of gifs!

We have reduced the price from 20K to 10K.

Enjoy!

2. 24/7 Content

Intentional 24/7 streams are appearing throughout directories (web show, IRL, other) In most cases no “streamer” is present. The streams are a .gif looping with sound. I recommend at a minimum making a new game category that is specifically labeled 24/7, to accommodate this content, or not placing these streams at the top of discovery.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now have more categories to account for this, and now 24/7 channels don’t appear in top streams!

“Music”
    If you would like to be in a more specific category, you can also pick one of the following:

Composing
    Making Music
    Producing
    Remixing
    Singing
    Radio (24/7 Music Channel)
    Always On (for 24/7 non-music channels)

3. Please separate Live/Performing Musicians from the 24/7 radio channels

Twitch has completely dropped the ball on this, this is something that would potentially attract a lot of live musicians who are tired of competing with radio-channel bots if Mixer could get on this. The image I've attached shows the Music category - the top 20+ streams are nothing but this, let's make a "Live Music" or "Performing Musician" category!

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Apex

Apex Legends deserves it’s own Hypezone! The game has a massive following already, Including millions of players within the first few days, a huge community, including streamers, half a million followers in Reddit, and more!
    Plus the road map for the game looks like it’s heat to stay! I believe the game deserves its own Hypezone!

If you are concerned about what to do for the number of players left etc, how about either looking for the “squads left 3 or 4” OR looking for the “?” For amount of players left that shows up once there’s 3 or less…

259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am excited to announce that we launched a Hype Zone for Apex Legends today!

https://mixer.com/HypeZoneApexLegends

To celebrate this week’s launch we’re running a MixPot sweepstakes to give every viewer of the new HypeZone channel a chance to win an Apex Legends Starter Pack on Xbox.

We’re giving away 200,000 Starter Packs this week so that you have everything you need to jump into APEX Legends and become a Champion. Just log into Mixer with your Microsoft account and watch the HypeZone action at any time starting now through midnight on March 12th. It’s that easy!

Winners will be randomly selected, and the content will be directly entitled to your linked MSA starting on March 13th. Click here for details on how to link your MSA for MixPot eligibility, and check out the official rules for this sweepstakes at aka.ms/HZsweeps

Thanks!
    Mixer

5. Please Rethink the UX Design fo

Please Rethink the UX Design for the Xbox App. Overlaying chat ontop of a creators content is never the correct answer. You obscure what the creator wants to show their audience. I'm not sure why someone decided the worst part of Facebook Live Video was the answer to the new UX for the Xbox App but they were incorrect.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring Back Quick Mod Controls - Chat Wheel

This new Mod system that has rolled out is much slower and prone to ***** ups. With the old system of click and drag to one of four corners was great and efficient. Making it click, QWERT commands means it is VERY easy to ban instead of time out especially in a situation where you are trying to mod quickly. Not all mods are keyboard masters. Can the hold the mouse button mod control please come back? I didn't see anyone complaining about it. Seems like fixing something that was working.

Can also not Ctrl + shift to move backwards…

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Skill Animation

Would love to have an option somewhere that allows me to completely disable the new skills emoji/animation/effects/etc. These are very intrusive to a chat that has real conversations going. Mods and people in my chat are growing impatient with the spam of this new "feature".

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey All,

We’ve expanded the Skills Opt out settings to all users. You can now opt out of individual skills for your channel.

Checkout the settings in “Manage Channel” on mixer.com.

Thanks

Richard

8. Que nos escuchemos todos

Hola me gustaria que cuando trasmita en mixer nos escuchemos todos sin necesidad de estar en el grupo de la consola :ejemplo: (estoy jugando fortnite conamigos de otras plataformas y cuando hablan que tambien se puedan escuchar en el streaming) ojala saquen algo para que nos podamos escuchar todos por que cuando alguien te ve solo hablas solo por que los demas no se escuchan y el streaming se hace aburrido

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

¡Hola!

Para transmitir el audio de su grupo, sus amigos deben actualizar su configuración de chat. Está apagado por defecto.

Disculpas por mi español.
    Gracias!

9. Channel One 18+

Hello friends :)

We all love Channel One, especially when we get hosted by Channel One!

As it is right now, Channel One only hosts Teen & Family rated streams.

This excludes streamers who for some reason are not able to stream teen rated, due to the game that's being played or having a chronic illness like Tourette's or other personality disorders.

How wonderful would it be, if we could have a alternative Channel One, with a different name, that would target the more mature audience, allowing it to host 18+ rated streams.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need "Retro" category.

We need a category for "Retro" rather than "Other" so it's much easier to be discovered for Retro gaming.

273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Chat Control

Hey all!

So we're having a rampant issue with toxicity. Now pretty much all of us know that most of the issues in chat we face are coming from small children not supposed to be on the site but that doesn't make dealing with the comments any easier.
    A lot of the times we are seeing these comments come directed at many of our female content creators and this issue is causing some of them to stop their streams due to not being able to deal with it anymore.

I'm bringing forward a solution that may help course correct how…

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cooking

Can you add a cooking section

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New Spark Intervals for Upcoming Spark Cost Changes

New Suggested Values for Spark Cost Changes upcoming in the Mixer API. This post is asking to list the new following intervals to the list of intervals planned in the following developer guides: https://dev.mixer.com/guides/season2/sparkcostchanges

Please Add...
    1mil
    2mil
    3mil
    4mil
    5mil

Thanks!

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re canceling the change described on the linked documentation page.

Flexible or Dynamic Spark Costing will continue to be supported and you do not need to alter your MixPlay.

14. Better use of sparks

Hey guys

I love the whole concept of sparks earning as we watch and being able to use them to interact with streams, but it would be great to be able to utilise them on more things.

Maybe have the ability to convert sparks into things such as a 3 month mixer pro code, free sub of channel or like a 5% code off an order from the mixer store would be a great idea to reward those of us who spend hundreds of hours watching streams over Mixer.

many of us have 500,000+ sparks and apart from hitting an…

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hide the CatBot removed messages from the streamers view

Make it so that there is an option to completely remove the CatBot flagged message from the streamers chat. Have it set so that the streamer can click if they choose to see what was removed with that setting on. Having a line through the chat still shows the removed message which does still effect some streamers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

We shipped this last year!

If you go in chat settings, the streamer can set deleted messages to be blurred, shown, or hidden completely.

Enjoy!

16. Add gift sub options for xbox one mixer app

Add gift sub option to xbox one mixer app .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Emotes

Have bigger and clearer emotes. I find emotes now are quite small and very simple.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom Stickers

It would be great if partners could have custom stickers like they have custom emotes. They could add them to their Mixplay if not the skills menu.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 24/7 stream category

Hi, I'm an experienced music production streamer who seeks to develop a community on Mixer. However it is discouraging to have my page (and other artist pages) buried by so many 24/7 radio streams.

Artists that decide to stream on mixer deserve to be seen and I do not believe that the current "Music" category allows for our maximum exposure.

I suggest that all 24/7 radio type streams be moved to a separate "24/7" stream category. This would allow both types of streams to thrive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mixer NEEDS search filter options! Ratings, language, and more!

I believe it is in every viewer, streamer, and even Mixer's best interest to include website search filters to help us ALL find what we want to watch easily and faster.

Search filters like ratings (Family, Teen, Mature), Languages, game genres (could save a lot of small genre streamers be noticed), game titles, & maybe even stream titles, but also to avoid them as well. Having options to exclude types of streams will also help the sites ease of use and help direct views to channels that could be not noticed.

Helping viewers and streamers a like, this is common…

591 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Discovery will always be an area we continue to invest in, and I am excited to share that we have completed this particular feedback item.

In addition to adding filters for these items in the short term on our existing site design and mobile experiences, we are also experimenting with a brand new layout for mixer.com on desktop and mobile web. Check out our blog post on the new anniversary design for more info! https://blog.mixer.com/2018/05/24/happy-1st-anniversary-mixer-community/

- Matt Salsa

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base