Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apex

Apex Legends deserves it’s own Hypezone! The game has a massive following already, Including millions of players within the first few days, a huge community, including streamers, half a million followers in Reddit, and more!
    Plus the road map for the game looks like it’s heat to stay! I believe the game deserves its own Hypezone!

If you are concerned about what to do for the number of players left etc, how about either looking for the “squads left 3 or 4” OR looking for the “?” For amount of players left that shows up once there’s 3 or less…

259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am excited to announce that we launched a Hype Zone for Apex Legends today!

https://mixer.com/HypeZoneApexLegends

To celebrate this week’s launch we’re running a MixPot sweepstakes to give every viewer of the new HypeZone channel a chance to win an Apex Legends Starter Pack on Xbox.

We’re giving away 200,000 Starter Packs this week so that you have everything you need to jump into APEX Legends and become a Champion. Just log into Mixer with your Microsoft account and watch the HypeZone action at any time starting now through midnight on March 12th. It’s that easy!

Winners will be randomly selected, and the content will be directly entitled to your linked MSA starting on March 13th. Click here for details on how to link your MSA for MixPot eligibility, and check out the official rules for this sweepstakes at aka.ms/HZsweeps

Thanks!
    Mixer

2. Bring Back Quick Mod Controls - Chat Wheel

This new Mod system that has rolled out is much slower and prone to ***** ups. With the old system of click and drag to one of four corners was great and efficient. Making it click, QWERT commands means it is VERY easy to ban instead of time out especially in a situation where you are trying to mod quickly. Not all mods are keyboard masters. Can the hold the mouse button mod control please come back? I didn't see anyone complaining about it. Seems like fixing something that was working.

Can also not Ctrl + shift to move backwards…

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skill Animation

Would love to have an option somewhere that allows me to completely disable the new skills emoji/animation/effects/etc. These are very intrusive to a chat that has real conversations going. Mods and people in my chat are growing impatient with the spam of this new "feature".

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey All,

We’ve expanded the Skills Opt out settings to all users. You can now opt out of individual skills for your channel.

Checkout the settings in “Manage Channel” on mixer.com.

Thanks

Richard

4. Channel One 18+

Hello friends :)

We all love Channel One, especially when we get hosted by Channel One!

As it is right now, Channel One only hosts Teen & Family rated streams.

This excludes streamers who for some reason are not able to stream teen rated, due to the game that's being played or having a chronic illness like Tourette's or other personality disorders.

How wonderful would it be, if we could have a alternative Channel One, with a different name, that would target the more mature audience, allowing it to host 18+ rated streams.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need "Retro" category.

We need a category for "Retro" rather than "Other" so it's much easier to be discovered for Retro gaming.

273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chat Control

Hey all!

So we're having a rampant issue with toxicity. Now pretty much all of us know that most of the issues in chat we face are coming from small children not supposed to be on the site but that doesn't make dealing with the comments any easier.
    A lot of the times we are seeing these comments come directed at many of our female content creators and this issue is causing some of them to stop their streams due to not being able to deal with it anymore.

I'm bringing forward a solution that may help course correct how…

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New Spark Intervals for Upcoming Spark Cost Changes

New Suggested Values for Spark Cost Changes upcoming in the Mixer API. This post is asking to list the new following intervals to the list of intervals planned in the following developer guides: https://dev.mixer.com/guides/season2/sparkcostchanges

Please Add...
    1mil
    2mil
    3mil
    4mil
    5mil

Thanks!

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re canceling the change described on the linked documentation page.

Flexible or Dynamic Spark Costing will continue to be supported and you do not need to alter your MixPlay.

8. Custom Stickers

It would be great if partners could have custom stickers like they have custom emotes. They could add them to their Mixplay if not the skills menu.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Permanently Remove Skills / Turn Off Skills

There needs to me an options in the account setting to turn off the new skills system on your personal channels. To me they are a real eye sore and are not benefiting me as a non-partnered channel and they pretty much Spam to me in my chat right now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sub Button On XBOX Mixer Application

The ability to Subscribe to a partnered channel through the XBOX App is something that needs to be implemented. Most partners have a large XBOX audience and for someone watching on XBOX they can't subscribe without being given a tutorial on how to do so.

They also don't really have any way to know they are watching a partner. A lot of viewers are willing to support a broadcaster and a streaming platform by subbing but people won't go out of their way to spend money and I don't blame them.

The easier subbing is the more people who are…

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have rolled out a preliminary version of channel subscriptions for Xbox users, so you can support Partners directly on console. Users can purchase a month’s worth of subscriber benefits on Partner channels, but the benefits will not auto-renew at this time.

We will continue to expand on this feature and other ways to support Partners in the future.

11. Verification

Allow high XP and OG accounts to be verified. Not just partners. Users who invest in the platform with their time should be recognized.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

On the verification side, users can mark their social links (like Twitter) as verified by linking them from the account page. This serves to verify the authenticity of non-partnered accounts.

We also have our verified partner program for users we have personally vetted through the partnership program.

I think at the heart of this issue though is a request for more viewer recognition systems which is also a fair request but I would open it separately.

12. Clip/Highlight staight from live stream

Ever have that amazing moment or a complete disaster in a game?! Well dont worry you and your chat can relive the moment over and over by clipping it straight from the live stream. Basically last 30seconds or min of live stream saves and allows you to save it as GIF or short Clip on your account or bean data base

233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Clipping is now available for partnered channels! Partners and their editors can make clips on their own channels, and other users can make use of third-party integrations to create clips too! Also, if you are hosted automatically by the HypeZone a clip will be created recapping your match! In the future, we’d like to expand clips to more users.

Read more here: https://blog.mixer.com/2018/06/26/introducing-hypezone-clips-clips-beta-for-partners/

- Matt Salsa

13. Bad Stream Quality ( Xbox One X )

Hello, when come a Update for Xbox One X user.
    My Stream and VODS are very Bad.
    I have 12mb Upload and all my Videos have many Artefacts and Pixel Picture. When i see the Bitrate its only 2000 . Thats not enaugh. When i stream with PC , all its fine. When i Stream with my PS4 on Twitch, the stream ist really Clear and fine. Only the Steams with Xbox is verry bad. When Come a Update ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

We’ve been unable to reproduce this issue with the information provided and it seems to be working correctly now. If you experience this issue again, I highly recommend that you hit up our support team at mixer.com/contact – if they are unable to resolve the issue after some trouble shooting, they’ll get some information from you and enter in a ticket for our engineering team, which is the fasted way to get bugs addressed.

It would also be great if you could log a bug through the Xbox insiders app. This will send additional information to the dev team and make the issue easier to research.

Thank you and have a great day!
    Tara

14. /setgame command

There's a /settitle command, but no /setgame command. What gives? I feel it could be very useful. For example, Firebot. You could have a button that runs /settitle and /setgame, without the need for another bot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Test Stream Mode

Whether you are a veteran streamer, or just getting started, you are constantly testing your settings. Bitrates, framerates, encoding settings, resolutions, delay and many more performance and quality related values are always being tweaked to get the perfect quality for each streamer.

Having a mode you can put your channel in that silences all notifications, and doesn't put the stream in the browse section would be extremely handy for testing quality and performance settings.

In this private mode, the only way people would know you are streaming is by going to the link directly. The main browse page would still…

283 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. unsub

UNSUBSCRIBE FEATURE - you should include this in your spam/notifications so the end user can unsubscribe from your emails. Today, the only option is to 'edit' your email subscription however I NEVER subscribed and have no ability to log in to update my email subscription.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Previously the Microsoft account associated with your Mixer account would receive emails when you followed a streamer and they went live. We’ve since made emails completely opt in.

There is also now a unsubscribe button at the bottom of emails, that will unsubscribe you from a particular streamers gone live emails.

If you wish to edit your email settings en masse, please log into the website with your Microsoft account.

Thanks!
    Tara

17. Search by game

I want to be able to search by game or channel name on Beam. I would also like to be able to follow a game category i.e. call of duty infinite warfare so I can see all channels playing that game

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow More Social Links

Allow more social links like:
    Instagram​
    Snapchat
    Steam
    Anook

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. List of banned users

A mod command (maybe /bannedusers?) or separate page to view the list of banned users on your channel.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. desktop

Desktop notifications when somebody goes live

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)