Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skill Animation

Would love to have an option somewhere that allows me to completely disable the new skills emoji/animation/effects/etc. These are very intrusive to a chat that has real conversations going. Mods and people in my chat are growing impatient with the spam of this new "feature".

120 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

46 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

We’ve started working on expanding the skills out opt from just partners to all users. Stickers will be excluded from opt out during our first pass at extending this.

Once we’ve done a bit more work and have some testing done, I will update you with more information.

Thanks everyone!
      Tara

• New Spark Intervals for Upcoming Spark Cost Changes

New Suggested Values for Spark Cost Changes upcoming in the Mixer API. This post is asking to list the new following intervals to the list of intervals planned in the following developer guides: https://dev.mixer.com/guides/season2/sparkcostchanges

Please Add...
      1mil
      2mil
      3mil
      4mil
      5mil

Thanks!

47 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interactive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Xbox one integrated Stream overlays

I would love for you guys to implement a feature that allows for the people who are currently stuck on console for streaming to have a couple simple stream overlays to use. Such as a face cam border and maybe a follower announce. This would be a great way to make console streams look a little sharper and these could easily be managed through the broadcast set-up, you could opt to have it on or off and just like chat overlay choose the position. This feature could be rolled out first for xbox insiders to test it and see if…

507 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Pro users and Partners will now have the ability to add images, overlays, text, and scene switching to their broadcasts on all of our platforms (including Xbox and Mixer Create) using Lightstream Studio!

Read more about our partnership and how to get started here: https://blog.mixer.com/2018/04/11/enhance-your-mixer-streams-with-lightstream-studio/

We hope to expand access to Lightstream to more users as we validate the stability and performance of the feature.

- Matt Salsa

• Sub Button On XBOX Mixer Application

The ability to Subscribe to a partnered channel through the XBOX App is something that needs to be implemented. Most partners have a large XBOX audience and for someone watching on XBOX they can't subscribe without being given a tutorial on how to do so.

They also don't really have any way to know they are watching a partner. A lot of viewers are willing to support a broadcaster and a streaming platform by subbing but people won't go out of their way to spend money and I don't blame them.

The easier subbing is the more people who are…

185 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started work on this item. Supporting broadcasters is one of our biggest goals and we want to make sure we do this right.

We don’t have a firm timeline for shipping this yet, but you’ll hear more in the future. :)

-Matt

• Video quality in settings

Right now there is a problem if you have slow internet or doesn't work as good on a day the problem is video settings is set up

load video> High setting>change to low

This is a huge problem because then it requires the person to load a video they can't watch which causes the video to never load since your connection is so weak sometimes it doesn't even let you have video quality. Also not everyone can watch 1080p on high settings

I propose to have it set in settings overall so it will b e

your settings > load…

51 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This option is now available on mobile. We will consider adding it to more platforms in the future but have no specific news otherwise. Thank you for suggesting this!

- Matt Salsa

• Watching VODS on mobile

Something I have always missed is the ability to watch VODs on mobile.
              A lot of people don't always the ability to watch on their pc's and still want to watch a stream back. Maybe they just want to look something up, or watch from the point where they had to leave, or watch back an entire stream, regardless, I have not found a way that this is possible on mobile.

The android app and the mobile website don't even SHOW the vods, or I might be really blind.
              If I ask up the desktop version of the website I…

41 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 66 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Followers that are hosting channels will now show up under the new following tab on the browse page as offline. Clicking their channel will allow you to see the host!

I’ve marked this as started because this obviously isn’t ideal UX, but in the future you’ll be able to see more detail about the hosted channel right in the browse experience, and I’d love to get this more tightly integrated into the primary browse view instead of needing to use a tab.

• Complete removal of Banned viewers / subs / donors / etc.

What I mean is safer & happier Communities.

Litterly Can't watch watch | Can't Find Stream | Can't share | Can't make new account to watch etc.

Streamer nows has peace of mind after banning someone ( or a mod )

24 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    Started  ·  Amelia Carter responded

Valid points all the way around here. Troll management is a very tricky area, because it’s not always as simple as we’d like it to be. But we’ve got most of these things planned and being created now, you should see them in August. And we are carefully researching a few more tools to help make our streams as safe as possible. I’m marking this suggestion as “started” because most of what’s being asked here is already WIP (see: https://forums.beam.pro/topic/1223/changelog-month-of-july-wip). But the improvements will not stop with this update, we’ve got more coming. Thanks for your patience!

• Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base