Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Chromecast support for Mixer

You need to support CHROMECAST ! I can chromecast Twitch to my tv. But i CANT chromecast Mixer...... extremly inconvenient

412 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  44 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Closed Captioning

It would be useful to have a closed caption option available for each stream so that those who are unable to listen but are able to watch can know what is being said by the streamer. Trying to decipher it from what is being said from chat can be rather difficult.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Just to keep you in the loop, currently our CC is still only for our large events, like E3 production shows. We’re still researching building a more robust captioning system that can be used for all channels. This is definitely still on our radar and I will share more specific details as soon as I can.

Thanks!
    Tara

3. Ability to make highlights from VOD's

add the ability to make short clip highlights from the stream that stay permanently in your "past broadcasts" section. This is similar to the Video Manager on Twitch, so that we as casters can cherry pick the best moments from our stream.

304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Apologies for the delay in updating this item. We have begun work on clips from live streams and hope to launch this item in a future update.

Once creating clips from live-streams is done, we will revisit this item specifically. :)

4. Add an option to make a beam user a [BOT]

As like discord, we need an option to make a user a bot, so that streamers and users watching the stream know that its a bot and running a program and not a real user.

249 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Matt Salsamendi responded

Happy to say that after much discussion we’re planning on making this a thing! We’d love to give third party developers the tools they need to shape the experience on the platform directly and we’re confident this is a good step in that direction.

5. Background

When you switch apps on iOS allow Beam to keep playing in the background. Similar to how music playing apps work. I think it would be great so you can watch or listen to a stream and use Discord, email etc. If you needed to.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Link/Timestamp within a VOD

Ability to link to a VOD or timestamp within a VOD

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Account Security Log

It should have things like logon history, logon ip, last channels visited, oauth stuff thats active, etc.

Basically this should be the page to go to if someone thinks their account is compromised

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have this today for our administration team and will work to expand access to account owners to evaluate their own account activity for security in the future.

No current timeline on this feature, but absolutely something we want to do.

8. Chat Filter

I'd like to be able to have an official chat filter that replaces bad words with *** or whatever, so my channel can remain Teen rated - and those who accidentally slip a bad word into their message aren't completely censored

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Heather McKinnon responded

We plan on adding this feature in the future. No ETA just yet, but we’ll keep you updated once we have more info on this.

9. Custom resub messages

When a subscriber is offered the option to announce their resubscription in chat, offer a dialog box to write a short message for the streamer. These should be seen in chat, available in the API for bots to pull into overlays, and stored on the partner dashboard, perhaps as a timeline feed.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PAX South 2017

The Beam Team should deff go to PAX South, fellow Beam streamers and others could meet up then (GhostInTexas, myself, etc...)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base