Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A block user button

A block butten or setting is need so users can block other users so that they can't interact with others or see their profiles

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep Stream Online (Game Crashes & Switching Games)

This has been suggested before but I wanted to reinforce it with the stream staying running even if a game crashes as well as when a streamer changes games. I think this is a really important feature that needs to be added to the Xbox App sooner rather than later.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I wish I had the option to filter for what platform I wanted to watch "Pc, Xbox, Wi, PS4"

I wish I had the option to filter for what platform I wanted to watch "Pc, Xbox, Wi, PS4"

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Streaming status on Discord

Streaming status on Discord
    it's so cool that discord links with twitch and it says you are streaming and what you are streaming, beam needs that

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add theatre mode for streams.

Add a theatre mode like in Twitch, that hides everything except the video and chat within the viewport.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Channel Progression Opt Out

In reference to: https://blog.mixer.com/2019/04/30/mixer-channel-progression-rolling-out-on-5-1/

I would like a way to opt out of this. I do not want to make participation in my channel some sort of competition.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spoiler Notification

Since everyone is streaming games the idea of spoilers comes up a lot in the chatroom. Either talking about a game the streamer previously hosted or the current game. Some users who missed the stream do not want to read about a spoiler so we are forced to limit the chat. It would be nice if there was a spoiler tag that we could use that would display a "Spoiler" message where you could not read it without either hovering over the text or highlighting the text.

Not sure if this is easy to implement into your chat system but…

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Different Featured Tabs for Paid Slots/Companies and Streamers

In the past few months, I've noticed that Featured slots are more often than not taken by companies than actual streamers. Realm Royale, for example, took up a featured slot every day for weeks. Mix that semi-permanent slot with other events/games and it can take up almost the entire featured carousel. These observations come not too long after the changes to the featured algorithm that were supposed to greatly improve the chances of a streamer being featured. Having these featured slots taken up, and for such a long time, hurt the exposure and possibilities for streamers trying to grow.

If…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A new way to add games other than through Player.me

Player.me is a decent site, however their game directory is lacking and we are using their game directory for Mixer. We need a new way to add games to Mixers directory. The Escapists 2 has been released but it has to be shown as 'unlisted game' because Player.me do not have it in their database yet. I had to add it to be approved and that can take a week or so. We should be able to play all new releases with the correct game title from release day and not a week or so later. I see this cropping…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Chat Filter

I'd like to be able to have an official chat filter that replaces bad words with *** or whatever, so my channel can remain Teen rated - and those who accidentally slip a bad word into their message aren't completely censored

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Heather McKinnon responded

We plan on adding this feature in the future. No ETA just yet, but we’ll keep you updated once we have more info on this.

11. Stop auto-refreshing to source

I, like many people do not have the greatest internet, so we are forced to lower the quality of the stream. The website however likes to auto-refresh to source and if it can't do that, it will force off FTL and drop stream quality to 240p. I can handle FTL. I cannot handle FTL at 1080p.

Please stop the auto-source and have it respect the transcoding quality options we select. I don't want to fight the site just to watch my favourite streamers

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upload Our Own PreRecorded/Edited Content

Upload Our Own PreRecorded/Edited Content For Example Uploading Highlights of gameplay session, dedicated post produce shows, Pre Recorded Podcast Then allow us to Create Playlist Or Show Subpages for accounts that will have multiple style of broadcasting ie A user could have Battlefront Channel, A Forza Channel but all under one user account as playlist. Plus if I wanna do a cooking show, that too. Mixer and Interactive nature can be applied to all Content Creators. Mixer should be a content platform for all types of video content as a Gamer if I have desire to produce non live streamed…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Minimum Suspension Times

I propose that Mixer implement time spans on suspensions for rule-breaking in a similar fashion to other platforms with a minimum suspension of time of 24 hours.

This will make it more clear cut on how long a user will be suspended at minimum for breaking Mixer's rules

(I am aware some violations may require longer but feel this should be a minimum)

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Highlight your name when tagged in chat

When tagged with the @ symbol, it'd been nice to have it highlighted to be easier to read and see you got tagged. This is especially useful when all chat names (except staff, pro, mod etc) so you don't miss something.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Downloading a streamers VODS

There should be a way that a streamer can give someone access to download thier vods if they are going to create video content for them.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. team manager

The ability to add team managers, they do not own the team but can manage who is invited, who is kicked (non team managers)

This would allow team management to be easier for larger teams where the responsibility is not on the owner only.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Refined affiliate system.

Having an affiliate system like Twitch now has would allow Mixer to grow as a website, first off, the ability to allow people to subscribe to their favourite streamer (once they have met the required amount of follows/views to become an affiliate) would help both smaller streamers and Mixer itself, as Mixer would be able to take a fraction of the money (just like how its done with partners).

Secondly, allowing affiliates will promote the use of advertisements on channels prior to viewing the stream, running an advertisement where the money made from the advertisement is split between Mixer and…

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make a Windows UWP app for desktop, mobile and Xbox

It would be better to have a UWP beam app for desktop, mobile and Xbox. Android and iOS already have their apps, and it's more convenient to watch streams on apps rather than the browser. If possible, you could release an API with which developers can make third party apps for your service!

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Followers that are hosting channels will now show up under the new following tab on the browse page as offline. Clicking their channel will allow you to see the host!

I’ve marked this as started because this obviously isn’t ideal UX, but in the future you’ll be able to see more detail about the hosted channel right in the browse experience, and I’d love to get this more tightly integrated into the primary browse view instead of needing to use a tab.

20. Native Apple TV App

A native Apple TV app ... would be along the same lines of the native Xbox App.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base