Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Highlight your name when tagged in chat

When tagged with the @ symbol, it'd been nice to have it highlighted to be easier to read and see you got tagged. This is especially useful when all chat names (except staff, pro, mod etc) so you don't miss something.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Take timezones into consideration when reviewing partnership applications

Hi,

Recently I was denied for partnership (and I am OK with it).

What I felt was a bit rough was the reason.

As I usually play Realm Royale or Paladins, the minimum required CCU for those games to be considered for partnership is 30+

I live in New Zealand (GMT +12/+13) when I start streaming at 9pm it is 4am EST and 8am GMT. 80% of Mixers viewer population is asleep or commuting to school/work where some are unable to view Mixer streams.

Considering I have peak at 70+ for Paladins and 40+ Realm for, I have been doing…

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. roku application

Having a roku app for watching my streamers who have transitioned from twitch or youtube would be great! I have multiple roku devices (including roku stick), and being able to watch from any of them would be fantastic.

This is probably a fairly large and untapped audience for you guys, as I know a fair amount of people who currently watch twitch and youtube from their roku devices.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Refined affiliate system.

Having an affiliate system like Twitch now has would allow Mixer to grow as a website, first off, the ability to allow people to subscribe to their favourite streamer (once they have met the required amount of follows/views to become an affiliate) would help both smaller streamers and Mixer itself, as Mixer would be able to take a fraction of the money (just like how its done with partners).

Secondly, allowing affiliates will promote the use of advertisements on channels prior to viewing the stream, running an advertisement where the money made from the advertisement is split between Mixer and…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a Windows UWP app for desktop, mobile and Xbox

It would be better to have a UWP beam app for desktop, mobile and Xbox. Android and iOS already have their apps, and it's more convenient to watch streams on apps rather than the browser. If possible, you could release an API with which developers can make third party apps for your service!

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Followers that are hosting channels will now show up under the new following tab on the browse page as offline. Clicking their channel will allow you to see the host!

I’ve marked this as started because this obviously isn’t ideal UX, but in the future you’ll be able to see more detail about the hosted channel right in the browse experience, and I’d love to get this more tightly integrated into the primary browse view instead of needing to use a tab.

7. team manager

The ability to add team managers, they do not own the team but can manage who is invited, who is kicked (non team managers)

This would allow team management to be easier for larger teams where the responsibility is not on the owner only.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Using Sparks on official channels for charity.

So many people donate sparks to the official Xbox channels and they go to waste so I was wondering if instead they could go to charity.
    Pick a charity like Extra Life and have all sparks from all official Xbox channels go to them instead of going to waste.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Minimum Suspension Times

I propose that Mixer implement time spans on suspensions for rule-breaking in a similar fashion to other platforms with a minimum suspension of time of 24 hours.

This will make it more clear cut on how long a user will be suspended at minimum for breaking Mixer's rules

(I am aware some violations may require longer but feel this should be a minimum)

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrated Stream Delay Option

Some players play games at a high/competitive level and would like to stream their game to viewers, the downside to this using Mixer is that the delay can't allow players to do this without worrying their stream is being watched by their opponents. If you could add an option to pre-set time to delay the stream before broadcasting, that would be cool.

I use the Windows 10 Game Streaming app to stream so just before I start my broadcast, you could add the option in the small purple pop up window!

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add theatre mode for streams.

Add a theatre mode like in Twitch, that hides everything except the video and chat within the viewport.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Comedy Category

I think Mixer needs a category for streams focused on comedy. There seems to be another idea about this posted, but no elaboration. I think Mixer's FTL makes it the perfect platform for comedy and I think promoting that as a category will start bringing a few more diverse eyes (and hopefully streamers) to the platform.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mobile Login - Alternative login options

Since the latest update on Mixer (Browser version) I’ve noticed a change on how people are prompted to login in/sign up in the platform. There’s now a straight forward option to login with your Microsoft account however, there’s a visible button where users are allowed to choose other ways to login.

Unfortunately the same thing doesn’t happen with mobile login what so ever.

So far, I’ve seen In the play store, there's a lot of complains regarding this specific matter, mainly because people are being forced to create another email to sign in, even those who used to sign in…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New partnership process and add appeals back!

Hello, I'm OgSavageKitty and I'm going to try to keep this short. I started streaming since Oct (7 months ago). I currently have 12,322 followers and 119,547 views. I applied for partnership 5/5/19 and got a response on 5/9/19. I and my community believe that I have been reviewed unfairly. I have everything that Mixer is looking for in a partnered streamer. Community building and engagement are the reasons I got denied which bewilders me. I have an extensive, and loyal community. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be how far I am right now! They always ask me…

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a Mod Chat/Whisper Mods feature for Channels

Add a way for mods to chat via a group chat function that whispers other mods in the same channel.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Streaming status on Discord

Streaming status on Discord
    it's so cool that discord links with twitch and it says you are streaming and what you are streaming, beam needs that

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reward System for Interactive Skills

Encourage viewers and streamers to get more involved with interactive skills like beach ball by offering rewards to the streamer and viewers who participate in them.

Beach Ball is a lot of fun but regardless of whether or not you only get 1 hit or you make it all the way up to 200 the outcome is the same. But if there were rewards for streamers who set high scores and viewers who help them achieve that then Rally Skills would be much more effecting at rallying people together.

I propose rewarding streamers with a spark bonus depending on what…

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Filtering Games Out From Front-page

I feel like there should be a filter option to remove certain games from the front-page so that it is easier to discover new streamers / games you wouldn’t really see. For example I would like the ability to hide fortnite and Pubg streams. I feel this would both benefit the viewer and streamer in terms of discovery.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom channel background

please add the ability to upload custom channel backgrounds

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mixer Partners Get There Own Color

So my idea is getting mixer partners there own color maybe (orange)?
    Why?
    With the roll out of the free mixer pro memberships there will be alot more people with purple names.
    I feel that a Partner should be a separate color from everyone else just like Staff & Founders. Thanks For Reading Vote If You Agree!!!

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base