Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. (New) Partnership Requirement "You Must Be At least the age majority for region or territory"

Hello Mixer and community, I was a little upset with the new Mixer requirement that got released. I have been streaming for almost 2 years and with 11,800 follows and really wanted to be part of the Mixer Partnership Program. So, the new requirement is saying I have to be eight-teen and that will take 5 more years until I can be a partner. Also, I am upset since I feel like I am missing out on all the new things and just not special or good to be a broadcaster. It also took Mixer 17 days for a response…

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Logs for mods and caster.

So with all the new activity, and with mods having their work cut out for them, I've decided on a couple features I'd love to see with Beam to make our lives as mods just the tiniest bit easier and more convenient. One thing I'd like to see from Beam is some sort of Mod Log, preferably one that pops out like chat and can be linked with multiple chats at once. It should just be some sort of window that shows who's been punished, in which chat, by which moderator, for how long, and why. Another feature that would…

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to show off the sub icon for all your subscribed channels on your profile page

It would be great to be able to choose to show a widget on your profile page that shows off the sub icons of all the channels you subscribe to, and have each of them link to the corresponding partner. It'd be like a "gotta catch'm all" way to support streamers you love.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add spark-purchasable icons next to names in chat

Lots of people want the ability to change the color of their name in chat, but Matt and James have repeatedly said it's not the direction they want to go in for the chat experience. As an alternative, why not come up with a series of icons, similar to the Stanley icon that graces the Staff names, that can be purchased with sparks, and that a user can then choose to have adorn their name?

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make your feedback site use the mixer account to vote.

You shouldn't need to create a separate account to vote on this site. Make it so that you authenticate to mixer.com when you go to this page.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio Only To Work Under Lockscreen On Mixer Mobile App

The mobile app does give you the ability to change the stream to audio only which is great for those with limited data plans that would be tortured by watching video, but it does have one issue.

Some of my viewers like to listen to streams while at work or out and about and the app stops working as soon as you lock the screen.

It needs to be able to run under a locked screen.

This means when people put their phones away in their pocket etc they can still listen as well as the added massive benefit to…

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the Channel description area more dynamic

As an artist that has created several stream layouts for friends on Mixer I would really like to see something more added to the description area to give us a bit more creative freedom.

Currently, we have very limited tools to create good content for these description areas, and for some, they settle for “good enough” because it is hard for them to figure out. I have had to help a few people tweak images to make them look decent and it requires some secret HTML/CSS magic that can be buggy at times.

Several streamers add graphics to their description…

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add channel descriptions to Xbox

With the influx of people that Beam is getting with the launch of the Xbox app, it would be nice if the people on Xbox could see the description. There are many people who come in and aren't able to see the rules of channels. Making it easier to find on Mobile would be nice as well.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Buy Pro membership with Microsoft Gift Cards

Currently the options to pay for a Pro subscription is Paypal and Credit/Debit Card.

If Mixer is part of Microsoft, it makes sense to allow the Microsoft wallet/Microsoft gift cards/ xbox gift card to pay for pro subscription. Currently this is not an option but there should be anotheroptions for purchasing a subscription. Be that allowing Microsoft gifts cards or Mixer having their own gift cards.

This is specifically a good option for people under 13 since most kids do not have a paypal account, or have a debit/credit card. This would let kids support streamers and the platform since…

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. South African Ingest Servers

With Microsoft launching Azure Cloud services in both Johannesburg and Cape Town soon, how difficult would it be to set up a Mixer ingest server (or two!) in this region?

There are thousands of Xbox and Win10 gamers in South and Southern Africa, and most of them need to rely on the +100ms pings to London or Amsterdam whenever they try streaming. Sadly, this doesn't work very well. The same is true from a viewer perspective too - poor internet connections make watching a Mixer stream (especially on mobile) a challenge for many.

There's huge potential to grow the Mixer…

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep Stream Online (Game Crashes & Switching Games)

This has been suggested before but I wanted to reinforce it with the stream staying running even if a game crashes as well as when a streamer changes games. I think this is a really important feature that needs to be added to the Xbox App sooner rather than later.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A block user button

A block butten or setting is need so users can block other users so that they can't interact with others or see their profiles

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Partnership Requests

When applications are declined the streamer is sent a generic email. Even when they apply 2-3 times they still receive the same generic declined email. The only way the streamer can improve is if they get personalised feedback. Surely after all their hard work to meet requirements they deserve a personalised email. Especially once they have applied 2 or 3 times. I also think they should take supporting emails from followers into account. Some communities are unique but very loyal - exactly what an advertiser is looking for.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spoiler Notification

Since everyone is streaming games the idea of spoilers comes up a lot in the chatroom. Either talking about a game the streamer previously hosted or the current game. Some users who missed the stream do not want to read about a spoiler so we are forced to limit the chat. It would be nice if there was a spoiler tag that we could use that would display a "Spoiler" message where you could not read it without either hovering over the text or highlighting the text.

Not sure if this is easy to implement into your chat system but…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I wish I had the option to filter for what platform I wanted to watch "Pc, Xbox, Wi, PS4"

I wish I had the option to filter for what platform I wanted to watch "Pc, Xbox, Wi, PS4"

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Different Featured Tabs for Paid Slots/Companies and Streamers

In the past few months, I've noticed that Featured slots are more often than not taken by companies than actual streamers. Realm Royale, for example, took up a featured slot every day for weeks. Mix that semi-permanent slot with other events/games and it can take up almost the entire featured carousel. These observations come not too long after the changes to the featured algorithm that were supposed to greatly improve the chances of a streamer being featured. Having these featured slots taken up, and for such a long time, hurt the exposure and possibilities for streamers trying to grow.

If…

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fullscreen + Chatbox

Fullscreen + Chatbox

With Fullscreen already being integrated and Theater Mode being in the roadmap, I'd suggest an option for the Fullcsreen-mode. To have Fullscreen + a little box where you can add Chat-Messages. Many streamers integrate Chat in the Livestream so you don't need to leave the fullscreen to read it. A little input box at a corner of the screen would barely overlap with the stream but give the possibilty to communicate with the Stream without leaving the Fullscreen Mode.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop auto-refreshing to source

I, like many people do not have the greatest internet, so we are forced to lower the quality of the stream. The website however likes to auto-refresh to source and if it can't do that, it will force off FTL and drop stream quality to 240p. I can handle FTL. I cannot handle FTL at 1080p.

Please stop the auto-source and have it respect the transcoding quality options we select. I don't want to fight the site just to watch my favourite streamers

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A new way to add games other than through Player.me

Player.me is a decent site, however their game directory is lacking and we are using their game directory for Mixer. We need a new way to add games to Mixers directory. The Escapists 2 has been released but it has to be shown as 'unlisted game' because Player.me do not have it in their database yet. I had to add it to be approved and that can take a week or so. We should be able to play all new releases with the correct game title from release day and not a week or so later. I see this cropping…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chat Filter

I'd like to be able to have an official chat filter that replaces bad words with *** or whatever, so my channel can remain Teen rated - and those who accidentally slip a bad word into their message aren't completely censored

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Heather McKinnon responded

We plan on adding this feature in the future. No ETA just yet, but we’ll keep you updated once we have more info on this.

• Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base