Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better use of sparks

Hey guys

I love the whole concept of sparks earning as we watch and being able to use them to interact with streams, but it would be great to be able to utilise them on more things.

Maybe have the ability to convert sparks into things such as a 3 month mixer pro code, free sub of channel or like a 5% code off an order from the mixer store would be a great idea to reward those of us who spend hundreds of hours watching streams over Mixer.

many of us have 500,000+ sparks and apart from hitting an…

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Partner Application

Partner Applications

Hello, my name is Maria and my username is: maryalley.

I've been streaming since February 2019 approximately, and I'm really happy with my community because it's growing continuously. I can say that I have a very loyal and active audience in my chat. I sent the request recently and It was denied. Right now I have 2,588 followers and 25,303 views, I stream a minimum of 5 days a week and 3 hours a day. I always tell my followers when I won't stream. I really care about my community because I want them have a good time!…

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Artist Related Links to Profile

We artists have different websites that would be useful to link on our profile like ArtStation.com and Deviantart.com

Both are major websites used by artists as portfolios and would love to see some support for them!

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Windows Phone

Can you make a Beam app for the Windows Phone? I can't watch streams with it on the regular internet browser.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mixer-Con

Mixer-Con it would be awesome to have a convention for Mixer. Ideas some other community members have thrown out are:

-chat with the creators of Mixer
    - seminar on tips to reach Mixer Partner
    - available company’s/brands who support/Aid Mixer streamers
    -some live playing from some of the popular Mixer partners 🤘😎
    - just a chill place for everyone to meet and network
    -mixer partners play with smaller mixer streamers
    -mixer swag giveaways
    -designated mixer channel interviewing random mixer streamers (smaller streamers)
    --interview a small streamer by the largest streamer/partner on mixer

If any other community members have any ideas…

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Highlighting a message!!

Hey Mixer i am a moderator on Kwebbelkop his mixer acc and i have a great idea for you guys it is that you as a Moderator are able to highlight someone's message so the streamer will be able to see that would be awesome!

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Closed Captioning

It would be useful to have a closed caption option available for each stream so that those who are unable to listen but are able to watch can know what is being said by the streamer. Trying to decipher it from what is being said from chat can be rather difficult.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Just to keep you in the loop, currently our CC is still only for our large events, like E3 production shows. We’re still researching building a more robust captioning system that can be used for all channels. This is definitely still on our radar and I will share more specific details as soon as I can.

Thanks!
    Tara

8. In-app donations

Mixer really needs some kind of native donation tool like how Youtube has Super chats and twitch has bits.

3rd party donation sites require viewers to leave the stream, which means they might miss something. They're also not as secure, people can chargeback paypal donations and put financial strain on the streamer. This is why many streamers aren't comfortable taking them.

Plus, it encourages donations by allowing mixer to give small benefits to people who donate. Like how superchats let you pin a comment to the top of chat, or how bits give you a special chat badge.

Finally it…

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Emotes for Mods

As a way to show appreciate for mods and all that they do for Mixer I think it would great if they could use the emotes of the partners they mod for.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Partnership requirements seem too high. Really high.

Right now the 750 followers and 50 consistent viewers requirements for partner seem rather high. The viewer count mostly.

Most streamers need around 5000 followers to manage 50 consistent viewers or roughly 1% the follower count.

Someone with 750 followers is likely to average 7-8 viewers.

There are of course exceptions to these rules.

I feel like this will deter people from picking Mixer as their platform because a lot of that is out of the content creators hands. Where as the other two big plat forms put more power into the content creators hands to get affiliated or partnered.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. IRL / Webshow Policies

Have stricter guidance/rules on the intent and purpose of IRL streams and/or web shows.
    There was a rather controversial stream recently that many of us felt breached ToS.

Links to adult content and the focus of the stream being the streamers body and donations for posing, dancing or otherwise inappropriate behaviour is not something I come to expect to see on Mixer.

Especially with many children being able to easily access this content.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello everyone, I think that lightstream mixer studio should be free for everyone and not just mixer pro members or people with partnerships

Hello everyone, I think that lightstream mixer studio should be free for everyone and not just mixer pro members or people with partnerships, it isn't fair because most people don't have a partnership or have mixer pro. I think it would make stronger communities and more people would stream. Also smaller steamers like me would be able to make higher quality streams.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Viewer customized co-stream layouts

Costreaming is an amazing idea, but it could definitely be improved by putting the audience in charge of their personal screen sizes and positioning. Relying on the costream host to pick a layout for the best of all of us is not a great idea. It would be much better if we could choose our own viewing method for the costream that didn't affect anyone else.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want to accumulate Microsoft Rewards Points using Mixer

For those of you unaware, you can earn Microsoft Rewards points for various activities like searching for stuff on Bing, buying items from the Microsoft store, etc.

The points earned can be used towards cool stuff like buying a month of Xbox Gold or Live. You can enter contests for xboxes, or computers.

I would love to see integration of this into Mixer. Searching for Mixer users, Searching for Games on Mixer. Watching Mixer streamers, or Streaming to Mixer could all accumulate points and draw more attention to the platform.

Rewarding our viewers with tangible points that can lead to…

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sparks

Have a shop where we can buy custom emojjis and custom wallpapers with our sparks? Maybe also have it so we can upload our own wallpapers for a price of sparks?

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. partner charity

We would like to see the option for partners to be able to automatically donate some or all of their income to a chosen charity.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Take timezones into consideration when reviewing partnership applications

Hi,

Recently I was denied for partnership (and I am OK with it).

What I felt was a bit rough was the reason.

As I usually play Realm Royale or Paladins, the minimum required CCU for those games to be considered for partnership is 30+

I live in New Zealand (GMT +12/+13) when I start streaming at 9pm it is 4am EST and 8am GMT. 80% of Mixers viewer population is asleep or commuting to school/work where some are unable to view Mixer streams.

Considering I have peak at 70+ for Paladins and 40+ Realm for, I have been doing…

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can you please make an UWP app on Desktop and mobile ?

An UWP app would be a great idea. I want to be able to do everything that the browser version can do with a fast, multi-Platform, ergonomic uwp app. I would be a great idea if you use fluent design. It will be very useful for Windows 10 and Windows 10 S PCs, Xboxs and mobiles. I want to be able to stream from my Windows 10 phone too. Please make an UWP app, it's what mixer truly need. (sorry for bad english, i'm french)

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to follow any streamer in a co-stream when watching on Xbox

When watching streams on Xbox, if I'm watching a co-stream I can only follow the host of the co-stream. It would be nice if I were able to follow the people the host is co-streaming with too. It looks a little sad when the co-stream host gets a bunch of follows and the other co-streamers don't get any because there is no follow button for them. This is especially noticeable for dashboard co-streams.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Link/Timestamp within a VOD

Ability to link to a VOD or timestamp within a VOD

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)