Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RetroZone

In order to showcase the variety of content on Mixer, a RetroZone would features retro games being broadcast on Mixer. Help bring awareness to the diversity of content and showcase older games.

273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alternate Sub Badges to Reward Subscription Loyalty Over Time

Alternate SUB badges based on how many long someone has been subscribed to a Partnered channel that the streamer would upload.

For instance, different badges for new subs, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, 1 year, etc. as a way to reward loyal subscribers.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lower the Cost of GIFs

I would like to propose that the cost of GIFs go back down to 5k (or lower). GIFs are a way of communicating with the streamer, a way to be interactive with the chat, and honestly one of the primary ways I communicate and spend my sparks. Even as a mod, when chat dies I am able to communicate to the streamer through GIFs. I feel like increasing the price really restricts the use of the most versatile skill available.

263 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mixer affiliate program to rival Twitch

I would like to say how disappointed I am that some of my favorite streamers are leaving mixer for twitch, however upon talking to them, the twitch affiliate program is a very common reason. I think it's time Mixer has one of their own.

This would allow streamers to work towards a middle ground, unlocking the sub button and potentially getting 1 custom emote so viewers are also rewarded. Upon doing this I could understand requirement for partner potentially going up to 1,000 followers while the affiliate program requires 500, and instead of affiliate call it Mixer buddies, Mixer Arc,…

256 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add an option to make a beam user a [BOT]

As like discord, we need an option to make a user a bot, so that streamers and users watching the stream know that its a bot and running a program and not a real user.

249 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Matt Salsamendi responded

Happy to say that after much discussion we’re planning on making this a thing! We’d love to give third party developers the tools they need to shape the experience on the platform directly and we’re confident this is a good step in that direction.

6. pro use free sub

Mixer Pro Membership or Xbox Live Gold can sub 1 time to a streamer of their choice. Similar to twitch prime. Bring more incentives for the program while also supporting their platform and content creators.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sparks & Non-Partners / Raid & Host idea!

In light of the new Mixer season 2 ive noticed non-partners feeling out of the loop with benefits of sparks being used in their channel. Ive got a great idea to alleviate that issue and also a cool raid/host idea!

Most non-partners warn their viewers telling them not to use their sparks in their channel as it is of no benefit to anyone and they simply disappear once they are used. That being said, to bring the value of getting sparks used in non-partners channels instead if evaporating into the abyss they should be deposited into the streamers own spark…

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to follow a team page

Viewers should be able to follow a team page, so they can be alerted when any of the team members go live, even if they don't follow that team member.

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a "follower" role to the Beam Chat API for Bots

With the Beam Chat Bot API, you get several pieces of information about a particular user chats in your channel. You can figure out if they are a sub, moderator, pro user, staff, etc.

What you can't find out though is if they are a follower.

Most of the bots on beam do raffles. The majority that do raffles, also support "subscriber" and "follower" based raffles as well.

The Chat API tells you a person is a subscriber, but doesn't tell you if they are a follower. The only way you can figure out if a user is a follower…

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 24/7 Content

Intentional 24/7 streams are appearing throughout directories (web show, IRL, other) In most cases no “streamer” is present. The streams are a .gif looping with sound. I recommend at a minimum making a new game category that is specifically labeled 24/7, to accommodate this content, or not placing these streams at the top of discovery.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a "raid safe" option

Add a checkbox in channel settings to show that your channel is raid friendly by having it put "raid friendly" beneath or on top of the channel somewhere

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the delay in updating this item. I wanted to drop in to provide a status update on this.

In November we launched hosting 2.0 which made it easier for broadcasters to do “traditional” raids (by reflecting viewercount from the hosted channel, providing tabbed chat, and making hosting easier in general).

I am marking this back as “under review” since the item specifically asks for a raid friendly system which is more nuanced than what we ended up shipping.

I’d love to see how we can leverage the framework we built with hosting 2.0 to make this possible. Do you have feedback on what tweaks would need to be made (e.g. perhaps a “allow hosting” checkbox and a preloaded message to send when hosting?) to make this possible?

12. Gifting subscriptions

We are able to gift Mixer pro to friends. A great idea. Now what if you friend wants to sub to a streamer. It would be amazing if you code gift them a 1 month subscription to a specified streamer or a code to use on any streamer they want. Mixer is a great community of friends. Let's keep the friendship bond strong with more we can do to help each other.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adding mute function to chat

Many users want the function that can ignore someones unpleasant comments by themselvs. Is it possible to add the funcion like this at an early date?

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mod Badge

It would be nice if channel mods could have a badge by their name like subs do indicating that they are a mod. New users and mostly xbox users have no clue what the username colors mean.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Age Lockout

With the current influx of Xbox users hitting our chats, most of them being well underage and posting inappropriate things.

Would it be an idea to lock the accounts who haven't entered their DOB from using chat? And those who have entered their DOB into their account and are underage, lock them out of 18+ streams.

And have a flag system where if a user has been flagged as a spammer, or someone who posts inappropriate things be locked out of chat all together. otherwise they will just jump to another channel spreading their filth.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mixer PS4 App

Having a PS4 Built in app to stream from like Twitch or YouTube would be great to grow the Mixer Platform & It could lead to even more feedback to make Mixer an awesome platform for Gamers to stream on

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we would love to do! There’s no platform we wouldn’t want to be on, but specific permission is required from Sony to publish apps on their platform.

- Matt Salsa

17. Enforce no IRL Streams while driving

In light of current evens, I feel as a streaming service, Mixer should promote not live streaming while driving, This is dangerous not only for the streamer but Driver but other road users via taking the streamers attention away from the road to the chat.

With this, I understand there is 2 sides, some people might stream what they see, almost like a dash cam and not interact with chat at all, or stream in such a way they cant see the chat.

I just feel there should be something in ToS against this.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto-Hosting When Offline, please!

I think there should be an auto hosting feature. Where you have a list in your mixer settings, and you can put some usernames into the list and then when your offline and they go live, it’ll automatically host them! I think this could make your viewers come back even when your offline.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 24/7 Realm Royale Battle Royale: HypeZoneRealmRoyale

We believe in Realm Royale and we need Mixer to believe in us. The community needs Mixer provide the streamers with a platform to show their skills while enjoying the elements of a unique Battle Royale!

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Spark API

I want to be able to send sparks to players, and have them send sparks back to me.

Chat commands would be /sendsparks @user #amt#

I also want api commands so I can make a bank bot.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  13 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base