Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RetroZone

In order to showcase the variety of content on Mixer, a RetroZone would features retro games being broadcast on Mixer. Help bring awareness to the diversity of content and showcase older games.

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alternate Sub Badges to Reward Subscription Loyalty Over Time

Alternate SUB badges based on how many long someone has been subscribed to a Partnered channel that the streamer would upload.

For instance, different badges for new subs, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, 1 year, etc. as a way to reward loyal subscribers.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mixer Affiliate Program

Since mixer has a far smaller view base the partnership program doesn’t really encourage progression since it’s far to hard to reach the minimum requirements when only a few people can manage them day to day. Would it be possible to lower the requirements or possible have a affiliation program as a stepping stone. I really hate to see potential streamers leave the site for twitchs program. I myself, would have already almost pasted twitch’s affiliate program had my analytics been on twitch instead of mixer. The mixer program could be something like around 100 followers and around 10 viewers…

274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an option to make a beam user a [BOT]

As like discord, we need an option to make a user a bot, so that streamers and users watching the stream know that its a bot and running a program and not a real user.

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  23 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sparks & Non-Partners / Raid & Host idea!

In light of the new Mixer season 2 ive noticed non-partners feeling out of the loop with benefits of sparks being used in their channel. Ive got a great idea to alleviate that issue and also a cool raid/host idea!

Most non-partners warn their viewers telling them not to use their sparks in their channel as it is of no benefit to anyone and they simply disappear once they are used. That being said, to bring the value of getting sparks used in non-partners channels instead if evaporating into the abyss they should be deposited into the streamers own spark…

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow users to follow a team page

Viewers should be able to follow a team page, so they can be alerted when any of the team members go live, even if they don't follow that team member.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a "follower" role to the Beam Chat API for Bots

With the Beam Chat Bot API, you get several pieces of information about a particular user chats in your channel. You can figure out if they are a sub, moderator, pro user, staff, etc.

What you can't find out though is if they are a follower.

Most of the bots on beam do raffles. The majority that do raffles, also support "subscriber" and "follower" based raffles as well.

The Chat API tells you a person is a subscriber, but doesn't tell you if they are a follower. The only way you can figure out if a user is a follower…

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mod Badge

It would be nice if channel mods could have a badge by their name like subs do indicating that they are a mod. New users and mostly xbox users have no clue what the username colors mean.

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Subs for Non partners

I believe it is time for subs for non partners. Mixer mentioned this was coming 8 months ago but there has been no word since. Many of our longer term streamers are leaving following multiple ccv partner denials as they cannot properly monetize. Everyone starting with a sub button wouldn't be a good idea, we need something like an affiliateship with minimum streaming times and viewership. As a smaller platform I would suggest this is below the twitch minimums.

I believe with this change should come improvements to the sub system. Allowing changing sub badges has been proven to increase…

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Age Lockout

With the current influx of Xbox users hitting our chats, most of them being well underage and posting inappropriate things.

Would it be an idea to lock the accounts who haven't entered their DOB from using chat? And those who have entered their DOB into their account and are underage, lock them out of 18+ streams.

And have a flag system where if a user has been flagged as a spammer, or someone who posts inappropriate things be locked out of chat all together. otherwise they will just jump to another channel spreading their filth.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enforce no IRL Streams while driving

In light of current evens, I feel as a streaming service, Mixer should promote not live streaming while driving, This is dangerous not only for the streamer but Driver but other road users via taking the streamers attention away from the road to the chat.

With this, I understand there is 2 sides, some people might stream what they see, almost like a dash cam and not interact with chat at all, or stream in such a way they cant see the chat.

I just feel there should be something in ToS against this.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 24/7 Realm Royale Battle Royale: HypeZoneRealmRoyale

We believe in Realm Royale and we need Mixer to believe in us. The community needs Mixer provide the streamers with a platform to show their skills while enjoying the elements of a unique Battle Royale!

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello everyone, I think that lightstream mixer studio should be free for everyone and not just mixer pro members or people with partnerships

Hello everyone, I think that lightstream mixer studio should be free for everyone and not just mixer pro members or people with partnerships, it isn't fair because most people don't have a partnership or have mixer pro. I think it would make stronger communities and more people would stream. Also smaller steamers like me would be able to make higher quality streams.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spark API

I want to be able to send sparks to players, and have them send sparks back to me.

Chat commands would be /sendsparks @user #amt#

I also want api commands so I can make a bank bot.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  13 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Warzone hypezone

HYPEZONE we need a warzone hypezone for MW would be epic how much we loved blackout hypezone

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mixer app discontinued

Discontinuing the Xbox app is absolutely the worst idea you guys had. You took 3 big steps forward by signing Ninja, Shroud and Gothalion but then took at least 20! steps back by ending the xbox app and replacing it with something atrocious.

The quality of the stream is horrendous. There is no way to change it. It makes the streamer look like (s)he is streaming from a potato. Its very unclear on how to sub. Chat is pushed over the actual content. Its possible to disable it but its very unclear. Its also unclear how to send a message.…

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Theater Mode

I propose a Theater Mode type deal, with the chat on one side and the video almost fullscreen. All it'd do would make the video player fullscreen with the chat available on the right, making the viewing experience that much better if you want to remove the interactive buttons.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Closed Captioning

It would be useful to have a closed caption option available for each stream so that those who are unable to listen but are able to watch can know what is being said by the streamer. Trying to decipher it from what is being said from chat can be rather difficult.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Just to keep you in the loop, currently our CC is still only for our large events, like E3 production shows. We’re still researching building a more robust captioning system that can be used for all channels. This is definitely still on our radar and I will share more specific details as soon as I can.

Thanks!
    Tara

19. Mixer-Con

Mixer-Con it would be awesome to have a convention for Mixer. Ideas some other community members have thrown out are:

-chat with the creators of Mixer
    - seminar on tips to reach Mixer Partner
    - available company’s/brands who support/Aid Mixer streamers
    -some live playing from some of the popular Mixer partners 🤘😎
    - just a chill place for everyone to meet and network
    -mixer partners play with smaller mixer streamers
    -mixer swag giveaways
    -designated mixer channel interviewing random mixer streamers (smaller streamers)
    --interview a small streamer by the largest streamer/partner on mixer

If any other community members have any ideas…

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Artist Related Links to Profile

We artists have different websites that would be useful to link on our profile like ArtStation.com and Deviantart.com

Both are major websites used by artists as portfolios and would love to see some support for them!

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base