Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Closed Captioning

It would be useful to have a closed caption option available for each stream so that those who are unable to listen but are able to watch can know what is being said by the streamer. Trying to decipher it from what is being said from chat can be rather difficult.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Just to keep you in the loop, currently our CC is still only for our large events, like E3 production shows. We’re still researching building a more robust captioning system that can be used for all channels. This is definitely still on our radar and I will share more specific details as soon as I can.

Thanks!
    Tara

2. Android TV

Upgrade the android App for proper Android TV support. So people with the Nvidea shield, Nexus player, Mi box, or other Android TV devices can watch through them as another option as likely they have(at least I do) have a better TV then computer monitor and have another option with how they can tune in

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hungarian Language Support

Hungary has a ~10M population.
    A lot of us including myself want to stream/watch streams on Mixer in our own language. But for us, there is no option for it. Twitch and YouTube have this option, so why not add it into Mixer?
    Also Xbox 360 have Hungarian language support, Windows 10 also have.
    Gaming and streaming in Hungary became very popular in the past 5 yeas.
    We have a lots of Xbox gamers here, professional gamers, gaming organisations, we also hosted V4 with a big CS:GO tournament.
    So we just want to watch and stream hungarian content on Mixer. …

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Chat Display Accessibility

I have poor vision. Difficulty discerning small fonts. Difficulty picking out contrasts between similar colors. Mixer's new UI brings me discomfort because I have trouble picking out what's written in chat windows from the chat's background.

For reference, how the chat window appears currently...
    https://i.imgur.com/d7iK8eF.png
    ...and how it looked before:
    https://i.imgur.com/byJf4Hj.png

This is an accessibility issue that inhibits my use of Mixer. I'm forced to modify my browser output using DevTools to create a starker contrast between chat font color and chat background (relatedly, I use those same tools to increase Mixer chat's font size). Without those DevTools, I'd stop…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dyslexic friendly font option?? Please.

It would be really nice if a font option like opendyslexic was an option. I have the add on for it on my browser but I think because of the way that mixer text boxes are made it turns out wonky sometimes, cut off etc. In chat it loads well but for stream titles etc not so much.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please re add broadcasting to game bar

It is much more convenient to be able to control all gaming settings from one place

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a Mixer App for Roku

Since Amazon, decided to pull the official Twitch app off ROKU I think, this would be a good time for Microsoft to built a MIXER APP as a replacement putting MIXER on every platform will help it grow.. Not everybody prefers they should put MIXER everywhere* like the WWE Network and seek other options... if MICROSOFT can built a MIXER app for XBOX they can built a MIXER APP for Roku.

Some gamers,would prefer to watch streamers on their TV's and isn't Microsoft promoting the move to 4KTV's? How can they do this without a Mixer App this way you…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. preferred viewing quality setting

Every time I go to a stream it tries to load in 1080p, which is near impossible on my potato interwebs, and I can't change quality until after it loads in 1080p. A setting that tries to load at a users preferred viewing quality setting, or if that quality doesn't exist for a stream, then use the next closest quality. Might be handy. I know it would be for me.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Resize Desktop Window Without Converting to Mobile Interface

I like to multi-task while watching streams. When I take the window into half-screen, the window changes into mobile version interface. Is there a way to prevent this from happening and leave the window in desktop mode (since I am using a desktop)? Or possibly an alternative desktop app?

Any way to make it easy to multi-task on desktop while having the ability to browse/watch followed streams would be fantastic. Mobile interface while on desktop is limiting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Accessible chat size and color

I'm visually impaired and ever since yesterday I'm unable to look at the chat for a prolonged time on PC. The font is smaller and it's bright white, which hurts my eyes and I develop a headache within half an hour. It's impossible to follow chat like this if it's more active and the messages keep popping by quickly.

I'd like the accessible option to change the text color and size of the chat without having to use external browser plugins and scripts or zooming in the window (the color still would be an issue regardless).

We already have accessible…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Streamer subtitles generation

Lets make Mixer more unique and accessible for all who likes to game.
    I suggest to add automatic subtitles generation for streamer speech so deaf people can interact with a streamer.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable auto-renew of free-subs (either by check box or some account setting)

I would like the option after enabling a free sub (while rare) to have it auto-renew. I can understand why it wouldn't be enabled by default, but generally I would like my free sub to continue to support the streamer. Even if it's as simple as a checkbox or toggle, that would be useful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Re activate the mobile browser login

Recently they deactivated the mobile log in to the website, please bring this back as it was really useful as I can only have 1 stream open with the app and on the browser I could have multiple tabs open, helps when modding and supporting other streamers by giving them a viewer as well, also I could use low latency and on the apps ( both. ) I cannot use FTL as my phone does not support it but does on the website

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto captions feature

September 03, 2019

I love watching streams. And I'm sure many other hearing-impaired people do too, I noticed that on January 06, 2017 somebody suggested adding closed captioning to Mixer. This suggestion currently has 125 upvotes. On August 07, 2018 a Mixer employee responded saying that research was in the works and they were going to share details as soon as they could.
    That was over a year ago- And it took a year and a half to even write that response.

Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act requires electronic communications and information technologies, such as websites, email, or web…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increase standard volume of Mixer audio

The volume of Mixer when listening to content is much lower than audio played in other apps. This occurs on both desktop and mobile apps.

Can you improve the listening experience so that the volume of Mixer audio is standardised against other apps such as Spotify and YouTube. Would save a lot of earache!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disabled Streams and Partnership Applicaiton Support!

Applying for Partnership can be difficult for anyone, but especially for people with Disabilities, and it was brought to my attention after being denied, that their is no longer an option to appeal a Partnership Denial. As a 100% Disabled Veteran with PTSD, and Major Depression Disorder, and on top of that Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder, not being able to communicate with someone after the initial application is denied, can be very difficult and frustrating, and not saying all disabled applicants should be approved, but I think they should maybe get some special attention, the process and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New Idea under games add a movie

So under games I was thinking you should add a movie thing so we can watch a movie with the viewers. So we can talk about a funny part or something like that!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access/ Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Google Home Integration

So, Google Home Integration .... sounds awesome right?

I would love to be able to say, "Hey Google, play Monstercat (and other streamers) on Mixer."

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! Anyway, food for thought. Not really a need or anything, just something I think would be cool.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the streamers screen bigger again.

If we have to use the new layout, that's fine, but please give us the option to make the streamers screen bigger again please, it's a bit too small at the moment :P

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base