Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Xbox one integrated Stream overlays

I would love for you guys to implement a feature that allows for the people who are currently stuck on console for streaming to have a couple simple stream overlays to use. Such as a face cam border and maybe a follower announce. This would be a great way to make console streams look a little sharper and these could easily be managed through the broadcast set-up, you could opt to have it on or off and just like chat overlay choose the position. This feature could be rolled out first for xbox insiders to test it and see if…

541 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

95 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Pro users and Partners will now have the ability to add images, overlays, text, and scene switching to their broadcasts on all of our platforms (including Xbox and Mixer Create) using Lightstream Studio!

Read more about our partnership and how to get started here: https://blog.mixer.com/2018/04/11/enhance-your-mixer-streams-with-lightstream-studio/

We hope to expand access to Lightstream to more users as we validate the stability and performance of the feature.

- Matt Salsa

2. Ability to follow any streamer in a co-stream when watching on Xbox

When watching streams on Xbox, if I'm watching a co-stream I can only follow the host of the co-stream. It would be nice if I were able to follow the people the host is co-streaming with too. It looks a little sad when the co-stream host gets a bunch of follows and the other co-streamers don't get any because there is no follow button for them. This is especially noticeable for dashboard co-streams.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Xbox Friends from app

Viewers on xbox often ask what a streamers GT is. On the xbox app It would be a helpful if under the follow channel button there was a "Friend" option. This would allow the user to friend the streamer if they have an Xbox GT linked to their account. I can see this helping streamline the process for viewers and streamers!

Also adding Xbox to one of the Network buttons on the mixer.com site would be another good addition for Xbox streamers! That way PC users can go right to our Xbox profiles.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add channel descriptions to Xbox

With the influx of people that Beam is getting with the launch of the Xbox app, it would be nice if the people on Xbox could see the description. There are many people who come in and aren't able to see the rules of channels. Making it easier to find on Mobile would be nice as well.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrated Stream Delay Option

Some players play games at a high/competitive level and would like to stream their game to viewers, the downside to this using Mixer is that the delay can't allow players to do this without worrying their stream is being watched by their opponents. If you could add an option to pre-set time to delay the stream before broadcasting, that would be cool.

I use the Windows 10 Game Streaming app to stream so just before I start my broadcast, you could add the option in the small purple pop up window!

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Xbox viewers to participate in polls

Currently viewers on the Xbox cannot participate in polls. Since many streamers are getting a significant audience from the Xbox we need to have full interactivity.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Background play for music and podcast please

Hello there name is Heather my idea is very simple, hopefully is good enough I will like to see Background play for May be podcast, talk shows or MonsterCat Chanel that way I can play my game and have Mixer on the background that will be awesome thank you for reading my suggestion and have a awesome day bye

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add green screen/chroma key support directly into Xbox one streams with Kinect without having to pass through a capture card

It would be super awesome to add green screen/chroma key integration directly through Xbox one with Kinect without having to use a capture card or third party programs like OBS. This would be huge for mixer and content creators alike.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Capability to modify bitrate on Mixer Xbox app for streaming.

Currently when you stream to Mixer via your Xbox, you don't have control over your bitrate. Recently I tested the Twitch app on Xbox and was able to modify the bitrate to accomodate what worked best for my stream. Think this would be a great addition to have the capability to modify such thing on the Mixer App on Xbox. Even the stream resolution would be nice touch as well. The other options like mic and audio are already present. Here's what the options are from the other app.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Xbox background Music request

I'd like to have a song request/music que option for the Streams. I currently only stream from my XBox One, but I'd like to listen to some background music in my stream while I play. It would also allow the viewers a chance to request and hear music that they would like me to listen to. I believe it would greatly improve the mood in almost any stream.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. please allow us to upload to you tube

It would very much help me out because this
    would help without the expenses of buying a set up and video software
    or editing software

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Resolution Option for Broadcasters

Add an option for Broadcasters from the Xbox App to choose the resolution they wish to stream at; for those with internet good enough to stream, but unable to keep a stable upload at higher resolutions.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Xbox hosting

Hello, I watch many streamers on Mixer. I have seen many people in chat asking how to host and some of them are on xbox. The xbox users needs to go in to their chanel and do !host [streamer name] and that is very frustraiting I can belive for them to do every time they want to host anyone. So I think you should add so it would be esyer to host on xbox. Like adding a button like on PC for hosting on xbox.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Smaller overlay on Xbox

I'd like to see the broadcast overlay have a more minimalist option when having all the options all turned off. With some games I've found the overlay to be intrusive at times with no real good place to put it. A simple icon to show you're online, and how many views you have quite small would be enough.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chat window on Xbox needs mention notification sound

The Xbox integration's chat overlay seems to be missing notification sounds for when someone uses @ to get your attention.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. feed

Put the option to post to the Xbox Feed when you start a broadcast. This way your Live followers would know when you are broadcasting and could already click and watch.
    Thank's.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fast forward and rewind on xbox app

On the xbox app when watching VOD if you press any button it resets the stream, so make it so that you can fast forward and rewind the streams without it reseting

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to disable overlay on Xbox

Option to disable overlay on Xbox
    This doesn't apply to everybody, as a matter of fact, it probably applies to a small minority of people like myself that don't own a capture card to stream your games on Xbox via PC but have a PC or other device close by where they can see the chat. If you are in this circumstance then you, like myself, most likely think that the chat overlay on Xbox is more of an obstruction than anything. What I'm asking is a feature where it gives you the option to choose whether or not you…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Console Overlay Settings

I would love to see some options around the console overlay. The way it is on Xbox it blocks a lot of the view and displays information that I do not find relevant to me.

For example I really only need to know that I am still streaming. I keep a copy up on my computer that I monitor so that I can see chat etc.

An option for transparency and size would be ideal too. Honestly Opaque and bulky and full of information isn't super useful to me as a streamer and I am sure that I am not…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. streamers that only use xbox to stream

For those who stream just using their xbox will experience that they will have to stop/close their stream in order to change their game. it would be nice to be able to keep the stream up while we are changing games. this would be like using an obs or a capcard but making it a lot easier for small streamers.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base