Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quality options for VOD’s

Being able to change quality options on VOD’s due to to fact that many people can’t watch past streams as they keep buffering

355 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

79 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. YouTube Exports

We need Exports for YouTube rather then having to Download our Streams then Upload them! 8+Hour Streams @ 720 take alot of Data and Im already 900GB out of my TB my IP gives me I cant Download then Export, It also takes a ton of time!

318 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are reviewing the possibility of direct YouTube uploads, although it’s unlikely we will make significant progress on this in the near-term.

Right now our VOD focus is on launching clips and other features to showcase more live content. In the mean time, you can still download VODs directly from the Manage Channel>VOD page and edit+upload freely.

3. Ability to make highlights from VOD's

add the ability to make short clip highlights from the stream that stay permanently in your "past broadcasts" section. This is similar to the Video Manager on Twitch, so that we as casters can cherry pick the best moments from our stream.

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Apologies for the delay in updating this item. We have begun work on clips from live streams and hope to launch this item in a future update.

Once creating clips from live-streams is done, we will revisit this item specifically. :)

4. Link/Timestamp within a VOD

Ability to link to a VOD or timestamp within a VOD

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Downloading a streamers VODS

There should be a way that a streamer can give someone access to download thier vods if they are going to create video content for them.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Upload Our Own PreRecorded/Edited Content

Upload Our Own PreRecorded/Edited Content For Example Uploading Highlights of gameplay session, dedicated post produce shows, Pre Recorded Podcast Then allow us to Create Playlist Or Show Subpages for accounts that will have multiple style of broadcasting ie A user could have Battlefront Channel, A Forza Channel but all under one user account as playlist. Plus if I wanna do a cooking show, that too. Mixer and Interactive nature can be applied to all Content Creators. Mixer should be a content platform for all types of video content as a Gamer if I have desire to produce non live streamed…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Chat transcript

It would be helpful to be able to download a chat transcript along with our VODs.
    Then we can search the transcript for useful information, or "hype" moments that we can correlate to the VOD for clipping / review.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. CoStream VODs only shows one streamer

After watching a stream that was costreaming, I wanted to double check to see if the VOD would have the other streamer. It didnt. Thought I head that the VOD would show whoever is in the stream.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VOD Splitting

VoD Splitting

Many streamers make longer streams and change games inbetween. If you don't restart the stream inbetween games you'll have one long VoD at the end with the last Stream title & game as its description.
    A handy addition for the VoD feature would be the possibility to split up the VoDs at given points to split it up between games.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Searchable VODs

Mixer – Search VODs Implementation

It would be great if viewers could use the “Search Game” function to find prior VODs of the game as well as streamers currently streaming the game. With lesser known titles, it would be beneficial to find content for a particular title, when there are no streamers online streaming the game. Currently, if there’s no one streaming a said game, then the search results are empty.

Enter VODs into a searchable database for games. Full implementation would include having the section of a stream as “tagged” for playing a particular game. For example, if said…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a Mixer App for Roku and Amazon Fire

How can Microsoft promote the move to 4K without a Mixer App to watch on your Big Screen TV? Mixer is on Mobile and XBox that's great, if you truly watch to catch Twitch PUT MIXER on every platform some gamers,would prefer to watch streamers on their TV's

if YOU CAN Make a Mixer App for XBOX, the same can be done on ROKU and Amazon Fire so make it happen already..

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Customizable Past Broadcast Thumbnail

I think a great feature would be to add a customizable thumbnail for VoDs, or have a set time for it to grab the screencap for the thumbnail. I like to have order, and organization with my channel, and the random thumbnails are kind of a bother. I'm sure other feel the same way.

Even if it was "At 10:00 a screencap is grabbed and used as a thumbnail for VoD."

Many streamers use an intro scene--myself included--to prep the start of their streams. Even if all the thumbnails were my "Start" scene screengrabbed that would be definitely great!

Thanks…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Past Streams= Longer Save Date

So, I know a few people seemed to have posted this idea already, but could we get a bit longer than 14 days for our past Streams? I just think 2 weeks is a little short for people to get caught up on your Streams

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to spend Sparks to make VODs permanent

I know that saving VODs takes up a lot if space, especially as the user ship on Beam grows. Here's my idea.

Not partnered and want VODs to be available longer than 14 days? How about the ability to purchase either a slot or the ability to make the VOD permanent?

Pricing could be something like 500 sparks to save a VOD permanently or 1500 per slot.

Partners could get a discount as well (maybe 250 per save and 750 per slot, and they automatically get 3-5 slots already?)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. VOD Title on download

Would be rad when you download a VOD the title of the file automatically becomes the title of the stream or a timestamp.

Rather than just being "source".

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Autoplay Live stream when on vod

I like to lurk in channels but when a streamer has the (autoplay my most recent stream when im offline) feature turned on, they don't get my view if im afk. My view stays on the vod and not their live stream. I would like an option to "Automatically go to live stream" when a streamer goes live.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to delete VODs while processing

I was going to delete a VOD shortly after I streamed for various reasons, but when I went to the https://beam.pro/me/channel/vods page, the most recent VOD was "still processing" and the Watch/Download/Delete buttons were all disabled.

While the Watch/Download buttons being disabled makes sense while processing the VOD, it would be nice to be able to delete a VOD without needing to wait for it to finish processing. It would even save you guys some CPU cycles!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stream Options for Xbox One

Mixer on xbox one need option that i can make by my self with what quallity i wanna broadcast. I have really good internet , but all streams and vods from me have artefacts and low bitrate. I wanne make by my self. Give us option for stream / broadcast in 720p 30fps or 60fps, hdr , 1080p 30 fps or 60fps and 4k. Were ist the problem. On ps4 i can the settings make in the twitch app and the quallity really good. So please update this

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Embed for VOD

It will be great to have a proper embed for VOD. For now there is just an embed for stream/channel.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save VOD to OneDrive

Have the ability to automatically save VOD's to your OneDrive (or other cloud services).

You can do this on the Xbox One already with the Game DVR. Figure this would be a neat addition since Mixer is part of the Microsoft ecosystem.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base