Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. YouTube Exports

We need Exports for YouTube rather then having to Download our Streams then Upload them! 8+Hour Streams @ 720 take alot of Data and Im already 900GB out of my TB my IP gives me I cant Download then Export, It also takes a ton of time!

270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are reviewing the possibility of direct YouTube uploads, although it’s unlikely we will make significant progress on this in the near-term.

Right now our VOD focus is on launching clips and other features to showcase more live content. In the mean time, you can still download VODs directly from the Manage Channel>VOD page and edit+upload freely.

2. Ability to make highlights from VOD's

add the ability to make short clip highlights from the stream that stay permanently in your "past broadcasts" section. This is similar to the Video Manager on Twitch, so that we as casters can cherry pick the best moments from our stream.

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Apologies for the delay in updating this item. We have begun work on clips from live streams and hope to launch this item in a future update.

Once creating clips from live-streams is done, we will revisit this item specifically. :)

3. Quality options in VODs

VODs need a quality option for slower internet, it is very bad to watch.

225 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Link/Timestamp within a VOD

Ability to link to a VOD or timestamp within a VOD

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Download VODs for editors or moderators

I create VOD highlights for my friend by recording the VOD from the screen and then editing it. It would make things much easier, if not only the streamer, but also either moderators or authorised editors would be able to download the VODs directly.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Watching VODS on mobile

Something I have always missed is the ability to watch VODs on mobile.
    A lot of people don't always the ability to watch on their pc's and still want to watch a stream back. Maybe they just want to look something up, or watch from the point where they had to leave, or watch back an entire stream, regardless, I have not found a way that this is possible on mobile.

The android app and the mobile website don't even SHOW the vods, or I might be really blind.
    If I ask up the desktop version of the website I…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Chat transcript

It would be helpful to be able to download a chat transcript along with our VODs.
    Then we can search the transcript for useful information, or "hype" moments that we can correlate to the VOD for clipping / review.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ability to upload/store permanent videos much like twitch/youtube does (i stream to beam and youtube but can only upload to youtube.)

Ability to upload/store permanent videos much like twitch/youtube does (i stream to beam and youtube but can only upload to youtube.) I could upload to twitch (and am experimenting with this) but do not stream there so this would help keep everything together.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VOD Splitting

VoD Splitting

Many streamers make longer streams and change games inbetween. If you don't restart the stream inbetween games you'll have one long VoD at the end with the last Stream title & game as its description.
    A handy addition for the VoD feature would be the possibility to split up the VoDs at given points to split it up between games.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A few VOD Ideas

I have a few VOD ideas that would be nice.

1. Direct upload to Youtube. This will cut down the hours needed to download video and then upload to Youtube by at least 4 hours.

2. Ability to change VOD Title and add a description/tags.

3. Allow a free user to choose 5 VODs to save for as long as they want. Or send out a notification to users when their VOD is going to expire in a day.

4. For those using Xbox, a way to save a few seconds-a minute from the VOD as a highlight that will…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Clip

It would be nice to be able to clip out a section from either a VOD or live stream and be able to choose the duration we want clipped. I think it would help gain more followers if they see something really funny posted onto Twitter or wherever you want to share the clip, and downloading the entire VOD is a little bit of a hassle for just 1 clip.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. VOD quality should be selectable for viewers

It should be possible for viewers to select the quality of VODs. I can't watch VODs, because it is constantly buffering.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a Mixer App for Roku and Amazon Fire

How can Microsoft promote the move to 4K without a Mixer App to watch on your Big Screen TV? Mixer is on Mobile and XBox that's great, if you truly watch to catch Twitch PUT MIXER on every platform some gamers,would prefer to watch streamers on their TV's

if YOU CAN Make a Mixer App for XBOX, the same can be done on ROKU and Amazon Fire so make it happen already..

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. option to change video quality for VODs

Need an option to change VOD quality not everyone has access to really fast internet. I need 480p.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Searchable VODs

Mixer – Search VODs Implementation

It would be great if viewers could use the “Search Game” function to find prior VODs of the game as well as streamers currently streaming the game. With lesser known titles, it would be beneficial to find content for a particular title, when there are no streamers online streaming the game. Currently, if there’s no one streaming a said game, then the search results are empty.

Enter VODs into a searchable database for games. Full implementation would include having the section of a stream as “tagged” for playing a particular game. For example, if said…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. quality

When a stream is done with different quality options it would be nice if the VODs afterward also contained different choices for quality control. My internet and PC are both on the lower end of the spectrum and it makes it impossible for me to watch VODs even though I can watch the original streams.

It just seems like a natural choice to have

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CoStream VODs only shows one streamer

After watching a stream that was costreaming, I wanted to double check to see if the VOD would have the other streamer. It didnt. Thought I head that the VOD would show whoever is in the stream.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Upload Our Own PreRecorded/Edited Content

Upload Our Own PreRecorded/Edited Content For Example Uploading Highlights of gameplay session, dedicated post produce shows, Pre Recorded Podcast Then allow us to Create Playlist Or Show Subpages for accounts that will have multiple style of broadcasting ie A user could have Battlefront Channel, A Forza Channel but all under one user account as playlist. Plus if I wanna do a cooking show, that too. Mixer and Interactive nature can be applied to all Content Creators. Mixer should be a content platform for all types of video content as a Gamer if I have desire to produce non live streamed…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to spend Sparks to make VODs permanent

I know that saving VODs takes up a lot if space, especially as the user ship on Beam grows. Here's my idea.

Not partnered and want VODs to be available longer than 14 days? How about the ability to purchase either a slot or the ability to make the VOD permanent?

Pricing could be something like 500 sparks to save a VOD permanently or 1500 per slot.

Partners could get a discount as well (maybe 250 per save and 750 per slot, and they automatically get 3-5 slots already?)

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. VOD Title on download

Would be rad when you download a VOD the title of the file automatically becomes the title of the stream or a timestamp.

Rather than just being "source".

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base