Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mod chat tab

Create a Mod/Streamer chat tab so Mods can discuss things in privacy without having to whisper. This tab could also report who gets banned and timed out.

I imagine that this could be shown similar to how you show the hosted stream tab/chat. I have attached a quick mock-up of the tab idea.

I think this could have a huge impact in helping Mods stay on top of things, and could help in tracking and reporting issues during the stream.

360 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make whispers have their own box

I really like how twitch does its whispers. Having a separate area for sending/receiving prevents one from accidentally sending a whisper to the wrong person, or broadcasting it in chat.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are some exciting opportunities to leverage Xbox Live’s persisted chat infrastructure to help us build out an awesome Beam messaging/whispering/alerting system, and we’re evaluating the best “Beam friendly” way to present this now. No ETA on a release, but would love feedback on this feature.

3. Adding mute function to chat

Many users want the function that can ignore someones unpleasant comments by themselvs. Is it possible to add the funcion like this at an early date?

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mod Badge

It would be nice if channel mods could have a badge by their name like subs do indicating that they are a mod. New users and mostly xbox users have no clue what the username colors mean.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Age Lockout

With the current influx of Xbox users hitting our chats, most of them being well underage and posting inappropriate things.

Would it be an idea to lock the accounts who haven't entered their DOB from using chat? And those who have entered their DOB into their account and are underage, lock them out of 18+ streams.

And have a flag system where if a user has been flagged as a spammer, or someone who posts inappropriate things be locked out of chat all together. otherwise they will just jump to another channel spreading their filth.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Highlighting a message!!

Hey Mixer i am a moderator on Kwebbelkop his mixer acc and i have a great idea for you guys it is that you as a Moderator are able to highlight someone's message so the streamer will be able to see that would be awesome!

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add spark-purchasable icons next to names in chat

Lots of people want the ability to change the color of their name in chat, but Matt and James have repeatedly said it's not the direction they want to go in for the chat experience. As an alternative, why not come up with a series of icons, similar to the Stanley icon that graces the Staff names, that can be purchased with sparks, and that a user can then choose to have adorn their name?

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Spoiler Notification

Since everyone is streaming games the idea of spoilers comes up a lot in the chatroom. Either talking about a game the streamer previously hosted or the current game. Some users who missed the stream do not want to read about a spoiler so we are forced to limit the chat. It would be nice if there was a spoiler tag that we could use that would display a "Spoiler" message where you could not read it without either hovering over the text or highlighting the text.

Not sure if this is easy to implement into your chat system but…

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Chat Filter

I'd like to be able to have an official chat filter that replaces bad words with *** or whatever, so my channel can remain Teen rated - and those who accidentally slip a bad word into their message aren't completely censored

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Heather McKinnon responded

We plan on adding this feature in the future. No ETA just yet, but we’ll keep you updated once we have more info on this.

10. Highlight your name when tagged in chat

When tagged with the @ symbol, it'd been nice to have it highlighted to be easier to read and see you got tagged. This is especially useful when all chat names (except staff, pro, mod etc) so you don't miss something.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Release Spoilers Inc Cinema Releases.

I've seen this posted here already back in 2016 but I do feel this needs to be addressed. The idea of someone coming into someone else's chat/community to purposely spoil the ending of the new release they are working through or going out of they way to post movie spoilers on the latest Cinema releases irritates me completely.

I do understand that Mixer have their features that allow someone to purge/clear chat or even ban the person who comes into the chat but I feel at this point it's too late. The damage has been done and ether the streamer/mods…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option for deleted messages not to show to streamer

What if Beam had an option where the streamer could opt to not show deleted messages from chat, but the messages still showed to the mods? This way, if you have a mod team that's on the ball, then when they remove an inappropriate message, the streamer isn't getting distracted by how terrible some of these messages can get? In a lot of cases, the streamer will never even see the messages, making the whole point of trolling a fruitless endeavor, but the mods will still have proof of the messages and can report and ban as necessary.

I know…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Higher quality emotes/higher res

Chat is an important aspect of every stream, one of the biggest upside with mixer is the FTL and instant communication that happens between chat and Streamer.

But a chat is just a wall of text with no flavor unless you have some emotes (imo).
    Now there is already an emote system in place at mixer but the quality of the emotes are lacking and it doesn't have anything to do with what the emotes are picturing.

Being restricted to 24x24 the resolution is so bad that most seems blurry if they are not pixel art. Compared to other major…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding the SternFinger emote

Enter this SternFinger emote as a global emote for all beam viewers!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Whitelist Bot and Streamer in CATbot

I would love to allow CATbot to completely ignore all messages from certain users. Specifically my bot and myself. I've been getting my discord link struck out by CATbot from both my bot and myself and not getting the option to "restore" the message. It seems like I could allow certain users full trust... like....me. And my bot...which is also really me.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. General, Mod, and Whisper chats

Having 3 different chats 1. General: everyone can chat and have fun watching the stream. 2. Mod: only mods, streamer, channel editor, and staff can see this chat (I think this would make it easier for mods to talk to one another) in this mod chat I would like to be able to see what mod timed someone out and for how long/banned or unbanned/ or purged. 3. Whispers: I feel like giving whispers its own chat will make it easier to keep track of peoples messages sometimes the chat moves so fast you cant read the persons message and…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have BeamBot mention in chat that there is a Poll

The Poll option is great, but many people miss it because it's at the top of chat, where no one is looking. It'd be great if BeamBot could say "Poll started!" so people would know to look.

We get a Global notification when it ends, and that can be missed too since it's on the bottom of the screen. But having the bot mention it in chat where everyone is looking already would work great.

It could even say something like "Poll Started - Vote above!" or similar to indicate where the poll actually is.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Color name

Default Users could have a range of colors, and Pro Users could have custom colors! :D
    As a streamer, it's hard for me to keep up with chat because all the names are the same color, and i sometimes get lost in messages, not knowing where i left off/not knowing who is who in chat.

As a viewer, I love having my own color and being able to be different in chat!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mixer Chat Emotes Redesign

I don't mean to compare apples to oranges but, mixer emotes just doesn't "POP" for me the way that Twitch emotes do.

The emotes within mixer look very bland and stale, almost as if they are faded. They definitely need some redesigning.

Emotes bring chat to life, and that is the one thing that Mixer is lacking. Having lived the lurking life for quite a while, people LOVE to use emotes as it is a comical way to express the viewer's emotions. From Twitch to Youtube, emotes bring life to a stream!

Please consider this Mixer Team!

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sparks shop for emotes

Add new emotes every month or week or so, and make it so you can buy them with sparks to use them.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base