Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Chromecast support for Mixer

You need to support CHROMECAST ! I can chromecast Twitch to my tv. But i CANT chromecast Mixer...... extremly inconvenient

394 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  41 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto host when offline

I want to be able to specify which streamers to automatically host when my channel goes offline, in order of which I want it to attempt to host.

This is useful for retaining audience on 24/7 streams, when having technical difficulties.

284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Viewer customized co-stream layouts

Costreaming is an amazing idea, but it could definitely be improved by putting the audience in charge of their personal screen sizes and positioning. Relying on the costream host to pick a layout for the best of all of us is not a great idea. It would be much better if we could choose our own viewing method for the costream that didn't affect anyone else.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. South African Ingest Servers

With Microsoft launching Azure Cloud services in both Johannesburg and Cape Town soon, how difficult would it be to set up a Mixer ingest server (or two!) in this region?

There are thousands of Xbox and Win10 gamers in South and Southern Africa, and most of them need to rely on the +100ms pings to London or Amsterdam whenever they try streaming. Sadly, this doesn't work very well. The same is true from a viewer perspective too - poor internet connections make watching a Mixer stream (especially on mobile) a challenge for many.

There's huge potential to grow the Mixer…

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep Stream Online (Game Crashes & Switching Games)

This has been suggested before but I wanted to reinforce it with the stream staying running even if a game crashes as well as when a streamer changes games. I think this is a really important feature that needs to be added to the Xbox App sooner rather than later.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop auto-refreshing to source

I, like many people do not have the greatest internet, so we are forced to lower the quality of the stream. The website however likes to auto-refresh to source and if it can't do that, it will force off FTL and drop stream quality to 240p. I can handle FTL. I cannot handle FTL at 1080p.

Please stop the auto-source and have it respect the transcoding quality options we select. I don't want to fight the site just to watch my favourite streamers

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Followers that are hosting channels will now show up under the new following tab on the browse page as offline. Clicking their channel will allow you to see the host!

I’ve marked this as started because this obviously isn’t ideal UX, but in the future you’ll be able to see more detail about the hosted channel right in the browse experience, and I’d love to get this more tightly integrated into the primary browse view instead of needing to use a tab.

8. Change game without ending stream on Mixer Create

I would love to see the feature of being able to change game without ending the stream (uptime reasons).

This would be amazing due to the fact some streamers exclusively use the app on the Xbox.

Ne0ki
    Amavo Gaming

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Platform Searching

With the addition of Xbox streaming, many new streamers are bringing their content to the masses. I would like to see a search option where we could filter streamers by platform. Being able to filter streamers between PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, etc... would help like minded streamers find new friends and players to build a community with instead of bugging each streamer in chat about which platform they are on.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate Skype translator into channel streams for foreign streamers

The real time translation in Skype would be awesome for streams by people from other countries, for example on that other streaming network I watch this artist from Mexico and love the work she does but she talks really fast in Spanish and sometimes in broken English but Skype's tech could do it and you're part of the MS fam now so they should be open to it.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. USB Microphone for Xbox One

As someone who takes audio in to consideration as a big if not the biggest importance when streaming. I think that just as you guys did for webcams. Third party USB mics such as the Blue snowball or Yeti could be plugged into the Xbox one so people streaming from console can have that top notch quality and not be forced to use a headset with a Mic.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Co-Streaming from a Viewer Perspective

I feel as though you really inhibit a viewer's experience when you don't make co-streaming something that viewers are automatically opted-out of.

For instance, if I am at mixer.com/qwik - I am there to watch Qwik, and support him. But if he decides to join someone else's co-stream, it takes away the feeling of support from his channel / stream. I should be able to decide whether I want my viewing experience to be impacted by co-streaming or not.

In addition to this - if viewers aren't auto-opted-out of co-streaming, then, at least let us re-arrange the video layout.

One…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Native Apple TV App

A native Apple TV app ... would be along the same lines of the native Xbox App.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide stream from the browse page

Add an ability to hide one's stream from the "browse" page (gotten to by scrolling down on the front page of the beam site). Random people keep trying to join our Jackbox games when we're streaming specifically for our friend group only, so being able to prevent that would be nice.

Tl;dr implement a "Private stream" feature, that only people with the link can access.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. HypeZone for Realm Royale

I would love to see HypeZone for Realm Royale, as soon as possible:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/813820/Realm_Royale/

The game is so much fun, it's a different kind of Battle Royale game and I believe it's going to be super popular!

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PS4 Deserves Mixer, Mixer Deserves PS4

i had to tell Playstation Reddit and Playstation Support on this.. PSN users DESERVES Mixer, especially ones that want to do streaming..
    https://twitter.com/Spectpooheagles/status/981064236246978560

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. EU: Stream server in Czech Republic?

Greetings mixer support,

I have a big wish for you. Is it possible to create a stream server in Czech Republic?

We are the MIDDLE of the Europe and lot of people could use this stream server, because by my opinion at the moment there is EMPTY SPACE in this area and some people who lives near to Czech Republic has long distance connection between current created servers and it can be sometimes problem and they have unstoppable lags during stream, even if they have faster connection.

For example on my channel i have +10 average viewers last 3 days…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Clip Previews

I would LOVE the ability for when we are posting our Mixer Clips on Social Media, Discord, Websites, etc, that the thumbnail preview actually show a frame of the clip, rather than the streamers profile.

Just makes the clip much more attractive to use for social media, and brings it in line with other services such as Youtube, Twitch, Vimeo, etc.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Beam FTL as a stream service for PS4 system broadcasting

I would love to use the built-in broadcasting on the PS4 to stream directly to Beam like you allowed the Xbox one to do.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to stream game chat voices on Xbox

At this time, even you stream a game like overwatch, and agree in game chat, it'll only broadcast your voice. The big issue with that is, it sounds like your talking to yourself. It's odd that you're able to stream party members' voices but not in game chat. Would be great if this was added , thanks.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base