Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mix it Up button

Mix It Up button.

This could be a fun new way to discover new and random streamers across Mixer. A simple button that sends you to a random stream (in your rating group)? Like the stream? Stay and interact! Not for you? Hit Mix It Up again!

Could have a fun animation, that encourages people to Mix It Up!

Super simple but fun concept.

342 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to accumulate Microsoft Rewards Points using Mixer

For those of you unaware, you can earn Microsoft Rewards points for various activities like searching for stuff on Bing, buying items from the Microsoft store, etc.

The points earned can be used towards cool stuff like buying a month of Xbox Gold or Live. You can enter contests for xboxes, or computers.

I would love to see integration of this into Mixer. Searching for Mixer users, Searching for Games on Mixer. Watching Mixer streamers, or Streaming to Mixer could all accumulate points and draw more attention to the platform.

Rewarding our viewers with tangible points that can lead to…

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I wish I had the option to filter for what platform I wanted to watch "Pc, Xbox, Wi, PS4"

I wish I had the option to filter for what platform I wanted to watch "Pc, Xbox, Wi, PS4"

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display Offline Streamers Hosting

Hosting is only relative on Mixer when you have viewers in your channel. Of your followed offline streamers there's no place to view a list who's being hosted by the streamers you follow.

There currently isn't any accessible way to see if streamers you follow are hosting anyone; as it requires viewers to go directly to the streamer's stream first - but when they're offline it doesn't show in a section anywhere that they're hosting.

Comparatively, on Twitch: hosted streamers is very accessible, as it's clearly laid out in a subsection of Following/Live.

TLDR; Display a list of followed offline…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Favorites list for Games/Categories

A "favorites" list for games would be really cool. It would make it easier to find awesome streamers in the games you enjoy. This would really help smaller streamers. Searching down through the games is tedious if not many people are watching the particular category. I made an example for it. It might also help to make them searchable. Just an idea! #mixerlove <3

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Modify the front page for better discovery

Put the search box at the top bar. It is ludicrous you have to scroll down to find it.

Move Following to the very top of the page or just make it a button at the top and remove it from the front page. People should know who they follow. Why take up discovery space for this?

Next Section Recommended Streams based on viewing history: Show streamers streaming content similar to streamers they follow.

Next Section Up and Coming. Ensure that the algorithm or whatever you want to call it ensures that the same game does not dominate the space.…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have HypeBot announce in chat when a streamer gets featured

Currently it seems that the only way to know if you're featured is by having someone come in saying they saw you on the front page. If HypeBot could announce it in the streamer's chat, it could really help them know and leverage the situation better. Also, perhaps a Constellation event could be created and triggered so that we could have the option to handle this ourselves with our own bots should we have HypeBot disabled in our stream settings.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sub Categories

Most Categories do not need this but there are a few categories that it would be nice to have a sub category for. I do game development and design some times and don't want to just have design as the game. It would be cool if you could set a sub game category. This could be useful for gaming streams as well. If you are playing competitive cs go you would have a different feeling from non competitive or being able to add interactive as a sub category or join-able would all be nice things to add to the end…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search for more than a channel.

The ability to search on a more global level, like Stream titles and game titles. Right now when you search on the homepage it is only by the channel (user) name. The ability to have it filter the game and stream title would be nice.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. NOT filter - omit certain games or criteria

Sometimes I find myself looking for new streams to watch, however there are certain games I am just not in the mood to watch.
    It would be nice to be able to still browse the main feed of channels, but to omit certain games, or perhaps audience ratings, etc. (via filters)

Currently you have to ignore said games while scrolling the main list, or hop from specific game to specific game.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search

Mixer NEEDS a better search function. Here's the idea:

Familiarity is key here, so I'm recommending making a search function that is similar to Twitter, Instagram, and even Twitch, by using the "#" function.

Allow ALL streamers to input their own, or predetermined drop down lists, of options that best describe their stream.

Ex. Billy wants to watch RPG games but with a streamer who is chill
    So he types "RPG, chill"

It shows results of those streamers who added "RPG" and "Chill" on their account.

This idea works for not just the viewer, but also for Developers, and Industry…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Front Page - Automated/Manual/Scheduled Streamer Picks

Featuring on the Front Page is a joy and a privilege. It should definitely feel that way! But, those given that honor should also be responsible for representing Beam.Pro in a positive way.

I propose an opt-in system where users must read, understand, and accept certain quality content standards in order to be elgible for representation on the front page. Once accepted their channel is placed into an automated rotation. Streamers should be notified in someway of their being highlighted so they can be sure to abide by the agreement they submitted themselves to for that honor.

Manual over-ride. On…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Overwatch hypezone

Hypezone channel that raids streamers in an extremely close comp game, or on fire, or a kill streak. I think this would be amazing.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mixer in PS4

you could make the app available for download on ps4, just like twitch, youtube, netflix, etc.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pokemon Accessibility and Discovery on Mixer

Can Mixer please fix what games appear when you search 'Pokemon' Most of the official pokemon games don't appear and the newest games like sword and shield as well as sun and moon are no where to be seen. If they could remove the fake pokemon games and replace them with the real games that'd be pretty good for pokemon streaming on mixer as a whole.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Ultra Sun/Moon, X/Y, Leafgreen/FireRed, Black/White, Black/White Version 2, ORAS(Omegaruby/alpha sapphire), Sword/Shield All need priority on the search “Pokemon” on mixer.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Help with exposure for new streamers

I absolutely love the idea of having HypeZone's for PUBG and Fortnite and also how all streamers can get randomly featured now each day however I still feel more can be done for not only new streamers but also people who have been streaming a while but are still low especially when they are playing a game other than Fortnite or PUBG. Maybe something like a variety hypezone for different games would be ideal to help the smaller streamers get that extra exposure. It can be very discouraging when streaming and playing a game you enjoy and you seem to…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unified Search

There should be a unified search option front and center on the mixer homepage. Currently the channel search is confusing, when I just want to search for a specific game. Users typically won't know the specific channel name they want to search for, but rather the game they're looking to search for. For the channel search to be front and center makes things confusing. I also encountered an even more confusing user flow when I typed my game search query into the channel search, and then got no results before noticing the game search. After typing my query into the…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pro users get a site notification for new features to try out

When ever a new feature is added and only pro users have access to it, said Pro Users should get a notification saying what it is so that they can find it and try it out easily and quickly rather than finding things at random

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. promote people who have few followers

I really wish that mixer would promote us that have very few followers or views instead of just pushing the big main mixer broadcasters, they have views and followers a lot they don't need the coverage you should promote more of the smaller channels that way we grow and in turn so does mixer.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show vods of previous content when a directory is empty or has 5 or less streamers

As a viewer and as a streamer I feel like directory growth could occur if one change was implemented. If a user searches for a game and no one is currently streaming the title or say less than 5 people are streaming a title - play the most recent stream in which someone had their game set to that searched title. Display the vod with a banner over the preview that says "Previously streamed" and have a little blurb stating that noone is streaming the game right now but these (x) streamers broadcast it within the last (y) days.

This…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base