Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Emotes for Mods

As a way to show appreciate for mods and all that they do for Mixer I think it would great if they could use the emotes of the partners they mod for.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevention of ****** Assault / Child Predator TOOLS for CAT

Give MS / Xbox / Mixer / CAT the tools to deal with certain convicted offenders.
    Primarily aimed at Domestic Abuse, ****** Assault ( Both Adult and Children ) to prevent these kind of people to be on the platform.
    Since Mixer has a native Xbox app which is used widely by all ages, including kids, and does not have any way to verify that someone is not lying about their age, I feel its important that we keep our users safe.

People with certain convictions are not allowed near Schools , Parks, sometimes even the internet, depending on the…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Logs for mods and caster.

So with all the new activity, and with mods having their work cut out for them, I've decided on a couple features I'd love to see with Beam to make our lives as mods just the tiniest bit easier and more convenient. One thing I'd like to see from Beam is some sort of Mod Log, preferably one that pops out like chat and can be linked with multiple chats at once. It should just be some sort of window that shows who's been punished, in which chat, by which moderator, for how long, and why. Another feature that would…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Minimum Suspension Times

I propose that Mixer implement time spans on suspensions for rule-breaking in a similar fashion to other platforms with a minimum suspension of time of 24 hours.

This will make it more clear cut on how long a user will be suspended at minimum for breaking Mixer's rules

(I am aware some violations may require longer but feel this should be a minimum)

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a Mod Chat/Whisper Mods feature for Channels

Add a way for mods to chat via a group chat function that whispers other mods in the same channel.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show bans and timeouts for mods and streamers

Mods and streamers needs to see who gets banned ou timeouted, and who banned him, via text on the chat, to reduce the afford for mods and streamers. A ban list is something useful too.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Moderator Hub Overhaul

There are a few of these things that have been covered in other posts but not all of them. I think there should be an overall rework in the modding system.

First, I know a lot of us mods who are all over the platform and mod for dozens of people would like some way to be able to see all channels we mod for or at least the ones that are live almost like a search filter or a tab in the manage channel section of the account. I think it would help people like me who may be…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Highlight a message button for moderators

Add a highlight button for moderators that allows them to feature certain messages for the streamer to look at.

This could look like a pinned message at the top of the chat, for fast moving chats, and should be dismissable by either the streamer or the moderator once the streamer has acknowledged seeing it.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Temporary Mod Role

Streamers should have the ability to temporarily mod a trusted user that expires when they go offline. The streamer could temp mod the user if they see a spike in "troll" traffic that they normally don't have.

A situation that this feature would be useful would be something like a raid or being hosted by one of the "Hype" channels and they see a sudden influx of new users...if those users start misbehaving the streamer can '/tempmod @user' to give the user mod permissions to help the normal moderators in that situation.

I understand that the streamer can '/unmod @user'…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ban and Report Automatically

I would love it if when you ban someone from your channel, it would send a report with the last few messages that person said to Beam so this way if it's something really offensive, Beam could then handle that account so other streamers don't have to experience the banned person in question.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Mods to set slow chat timing

Can we (mods) get the ability to set the chat speed settings? When a streamer gets raided or has hundreds of viewers, they're busy with other things and can't always waste their own time to do something simple like slowing chat down. Something easy like /chat slow 0 (no delays) or /chat speed 5 (5 second wait time), etc.?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Beam Bot AutoMod

Twitch just released this today, if you could have something similar to the automod on Twitch, that would be awesome! I still am Beam primary, but that would make Beam even better!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Global moderator?

A "global moderator" status in Mixer. This user would be a moderator in every stream, but would have really their own (strict) rules received from Mixer staff on how to be "a global moderator". If the rules of global moderation are broken, the user would lose the moderator status and receive a timeout/ban from Mixer depending on how many rules were broken.

I understand this might be difficult or that the streamer wants to decide her/his own mods, but I thought this might be a good idea for those new streamers who do not have moderators yet. Of course, the…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Timed-out Indicator

As a moderator, I'd like to see an indication in the viewer list of a user's timed-out duration (remaining). I'd like this to be only visible to mods. It helps when a channel has multiple mods to see what another mod has done, and not accidentally ban someone who just needed timed-out. It also helps to know when a potential 'troublemaker' may be re-entering chat and to be doubly prepared.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Blacklist Words

I think we need the option to create a custom Blacklist for banned words in our channels. I know some bots of this option but they aren't reliable. This is becoming very apparent to me with the release of Endgame. I have seen in other channels when big movies or games come out people just go in, ruin it and leave. These are just people that want to ruin something for as many people as possible. This could be easily prevented with a system built into Mixer.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Moderation Custom Ranks

The ability to setup ranks to determine what abilities moderators have.

Rank optional abilities - Channel editor /game editor/ vod controls (download) / Ban / purge / clear chat / timeout / etc..

Ability to setup custom ranks with controls mentioned above checked on or off.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Deleted messages idea

Have messages that been purged by moderators so on the caster side, they see it as <message deleted> or blacked out instead of the strikethrough. Make it so that the caster has a choice to look at it or not to see what has been deleted under their own discretion if it's a spoiler or something malicious.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Moderator Control

Make it so moderators can change the title and the game you're playing.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Moderator Ban and Timeout with Reason

I would love to have a feature for my moderators that when they /ban @person "reason" would log this on a tab similar to were users are under manage channel. This would be excellent to see who banned or timed out a user and why.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Catbot striking out mods

So, I'm sure by now that the CAT team has knowledge of the fact that catbot (or catbutt as it's known in my moderation part of mixer) has the ability to strike out any message it sees unfit to have in chat. And that they have seen that it strikes out messages wrongly, kinda like a cat would cause most are just ignorant :/, so they put in a restore system. Great! Awesome, we can now restore messages that catbutt wrongly got rid of! One small problem though...it can delete mod and streamer messages and the streamer can only restore…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base