Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows Phone

Can you make a Beam app for the Windows Phone? I can't watch streams with it on the regular internet browser.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you please make an UWP app on Desktop and mobile ?

An UWP app would be a great idea. I want to be able to do everything that the browser version can do with a fast, multi-Platform, ergonomic uwp app. I would be a great idea if you use fluent design. It will be very useful for Windows 10 and Windows 10 S PCs, Xboxs and mobiles. I want to be able to stream from my Windows 10 phone too. Please make an UWP app, it's what mixer truly need. (sorry for bad english, i'm french)

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio Only To Work Under Lockscreen On Mixer Mobile App

The mobile app does give you the ability to change the stream to audio only which is great for those with limited data plans that would be tortured by watching video, but it does have one issue.

Some of my viewers like to listen to streams while at work or out and about and the app stops working as soon as you lock the screen.

It needs to be able to run under a locked screen.

This means when people put their phones away in their pocket etc they can still listen as well as the added massive benefit to…

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mobile Login - Alternative login options

Since the latest update on Mixer (Browser version) I’ve noticed a change on how people are prompted to login in/sign up in the platform. There’s now a straight forward option to login with your Microsoft account however, there’s a visible button where users are allowed to choose other ways to login.

Unfortunately the same thing doesn’t happen with mobile login what so ever.

So far, I’ve seen In the play store, there's a lot of complains regarding this specific matter, mainly because people are being forced to create another email to sign in, even those who used to sign in…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Android App Cast Support

The Android app definitely needs either cast support or at least, native Android TV support. I have multiple viewers who watched me when I used Twitch who aren't able to watch me on Mixer because they watch through Android TV boxes and the app supports neither that or Cast. Practically every media enabled Android app supports Cast functionality. This one desperately needs it.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Smart Home Casting

So, While being away from streaming myself for a few days I watched alot of mixer from my mobile device but this can become a hassle. I would turn my device horizontally to get a bigger picture but then had to turn it back vertically to chat. To make the experience better I would suggest that with technology moving into a wireless age, it would be nice to be able to cast the stream I am watching to a smart TV, or a device like chrome cast. For those who have smart TV's how quickly did you stop paying for…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Console Apps

I think it would be neat if you guys started developing a XBOX and PS4 Application, so console users can enjoy watching Beam Streams! I think it would be helpful because that is a whole untapped audience just waiting for you guys to give access to your awesome Platform, I am sure it is possible and would help streamers and the website get even more traffic!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Android TV

Upgrade the android App for proper Android TV support. So people with the Nvidea shield, Nexus player, Mi box, or other Android TV devices can watch through them as another option as likely they have(at least I do) have a better TV then computer monitor and have another option with how they can tune in

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. App for Windows

Create App for Windows please!!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mixer Create app for Windows 10 Mobile

It's funny that the mixer create app is beta for iOS and Android but not for Windows 10 Mobile. So Microsoft buys Mixer\Beam and don't release its app for Windows 10. Good move.

Release it for Windows 10 Mobile as well

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ixer app for Windows mobile

It's would be nice if you guys make an app for windows mobile users via the Microsoft Store

Would be really nice

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mixer App in the Amazon App Store

It'd be great if they published the Mixer Android App on the Amazon App Store too.

Then we can download and watch Mixer on our Amazon Android devices and Fire TV Stick's!

If it's any consolation Twitch seems to be available through the Amazon App Store, but we all want the Mixer experience!

Keep up the great platform experience!

RadioVoice :)

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. UWP for Xbox, Mobile, and Desktop platform experience

While the proposal for a UWP app already exists, there are many features beyond replicating existing apps for new platforms that would make a UWP an extremely valuable part of the Mixer platform.

The premise of Mixer is to host shows, primarily video games but also more traditional shows, from the official Mixer show to the Windows Central podcast.

One of the most demanded features of traditional video platforms is offline downloads. Mixer could provide this feature through a UWP application for laptops, tablets, and phones. By using a timeout model where downloads expire after a certain amount of time…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Background

When you switch apps on iOS allow Beam to keep playing in the background. Similar to how music playing apps work. I think it would be great so you can watch or listen to a stream and use Discord, email etc. If you needed to.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. fire tv

I sideloaded the Beam app on my Fire TV stick and it works GREAT *except* the remote doesn't work, so I have to use Wukong remote app on my phone. Probably not a big audience, but it would be great if the Fire remote worked, if it's a simple fix. Just enough to select a stream. Would also be good to be able to download direct from Amazon App store instead of sideloading.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Android Splitscreen Background Playback

While this works partly right now, currently in when using the application in splitscreen, upon interacting with another window, the beam stream will be paused.
    This is inconsistent with for example, Youtube, as it continues to play the video and the user can continue using the other window without interruption to the video

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Profile Picture

You should be able to change your profile picture on the mobile app and be able to do all the account customization there as well. It would make things easier so that we wouldn't have to hunt down a computer if we don't have one.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Voice/Text Commands for UWP via Cortana

Not even out yet and already interested in this.
    There's no category for the UWP app, so I'm throwing it into mobile unfortunately, please forgive me.

Applications that use the new interface have a API that allows you to utilise the Digital Assistant to interact with an application.

There is a perfect opportunity here on how we can interact with channel settings. Such as setting a game title or interact with that chat in a certain way.

I would love for this to be considered on how we can improve this platform in such a unique way

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Quality options for past broadcasts

Add video quality options for past broadcast. I can only watch in 720 and I'm sure other are experiencing similar issues

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Audio only streams in lockscreen

It would be great if I could put my phone into lockscreen when I'm just listening to a stream.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base