Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option to make a beam user a [BOT]

As like discord, we need an option to make a user a bot, so that streamers and users watching the stream know that its a bot and running a program and not a real user.

241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Matt Salsamendi responded

Happy to say that after much discussion we’re planning on making this a thing! We’d love to give third party developers the tools they need to shape the experience on the platform directly and we’re confident this is a good step in that direction.

2. Add a "follower" role to the Beam Chat API for Bots

With the Beam Chat Bot API, you get several pieces of information about a particular user chats in your channel. You can figure out if they are a sub, moderator, pro user, staff, etc.

What you can't find out though is if they are a follower.

Most of the bots on beam do raffles. The majority that do raffles, also support "subscriber" and "follower" based raffles as well.

The Chat API tells you a person is a subscriber, but doesn't tell you if they are a follower. The only way you can figure out if a user is a follower…

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. agregar el bajar la calida en videos resubidos

es ineteresante lo que han logrado. Pero quisiera que se pudiera bajar la calidad de los videos resubidos ya que a veces podemos, no tener la mejor conexion, o el mejor dispositivo para verlos, por lo tanto luego se congela la imagen pero sigue el sonido , o ban desfasados y setraban. Aun que se que la calidad de video lo es todo que mas personas disfruten fluidamente la transmicion perdida aumenta las pocibilidades de mas visitas a lo streamer´s .

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. IFTTT integration?

I wonder if anyone involved in Beam development makes use of IFTTT.com? It would be awesome to connect their internet-of-things system with Beam events like following, hosting, etc.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. API | Teams Search Endpoint

As there is a search endpoint for both users and channels endpoint. Can we get one for teams to?

This wold be useful for developers to hook into and lookup teams and for Beam to also support this.

It wold be nice to see it under /teams/search . This should not take long to impotent.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Developer-Controlled Confetti

It would be fantastic to have an API endpoint (or a chat packet, or... something) to deploy confetti on your own stream, for custom events and such. ;)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to copy scenes

It would be very nice to be able to copy scenes to make editing them easier.

Two example cases:
    1. If you edit your default scene instead of making a new scene (for advanced scene changing), and want to move all of your work to a new scene
    2. Having similar scenes, it would lower the amount of work required to make them.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Followers Endpoint Fixes

The followers endpoint should be sortable and limitable like other endpoints within the api.

Currently only the current page's results are sortable.

Developers would love a URI to fetch for their latest follower.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We need a better UI for the Developer Lab Build page

First off, I love the developer lab. I've messed with some interactive streams, and they were great! But it takes forever to set them up. The UI on the build page could be tweaked a little bit to help us save time while setting things up.

Here are some suggestions that would improve my workflow:
    1. The ability copy controls and scenes
    -I know they need to have unique names, but being able to copy them then renaming them would save a LOT of time
    2. Let us resize the buttons in the X and Y axis at the same…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add channel:host:self scope

Hi, I'm working on a website for a broadcaster, it has a way to login with Beam OAuth, so people can do a bunch of things on the site, including HOST from the stream page, the issue is, as it is at the moment it requires the `channel:update:self` scope, which is not the best of scopes to use for a streamer's website, as this obviously gives the site access to update the logged in users channel settings, but as it stands right now this is the only way I can add a host button, would be nice to have a…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. wordpress

Would love for a JQuery Wordpress Plugin to show online stream status

I've been using a plugin like this for WordPress, which detects if a stream is online and has a "Live" or "Offline" icon showing up. https://wordpress.org/plugins/twitch-status/

Would love if someone was able to implement this for streams who have their own website and/or embed their Beam streams on their site.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow MixPlay projects to set a "requires FTL" flag that automatically enables FTL in the Mixer app

Today's Mixer Android/iOS app update disables FTL by default, which will cause serious problems for any MixPlay games that depend on a low latency stream.

Our main MixPlay game will now become unplayable for anyone on mobile, unless they've re-enabled FTL. Obviously we'll be telling people to enable it, but there's likely to be a large amount of player churn with people thinking "well, this thing sucks" and dropping out before they realise it's because FTL is disabled.

Whilst the logic for having FTL disabled by default on mobile is understandable (and probably even preferable for non-interactive streams), it would…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the posibility to upload pre recorded videos

Add the posibility to uplead a pre corded video

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Private FTL Server

One of the features that I've been itching for is the ability to host an FTL ingest server on a private network. Currently, I run my own streaming equipment for a private steam setup (friends and family), and the latency introduced by the current standard protocols (RTMP, HLS, etc.) is a nuisance. Would it be possible to see a standalone (or plugin, similar to nginx-rtmp-module) stream server? I've asked this a few times, and received conflicting answers on it. The FTL protocol is extremely exciting for someone like myself, but without a server-side offering, it's effectively useless to me.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox One API

I'm assuming that with being acquired by Microsoft that there will be integration into the Xbox One console. That's great and all but would put you on par with Twitch. Opening the API could be groundbreaking by letting people develop apps to create stream overlays directly from the console. This would make the advantages of using Beam significantly higher!

- Keep Grinning!

Thanks to b4tchat for helping brainstorm ideas.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multi-Channel Single-Connection interface

I'd like to see multiple channels chat handled under a single connection. The gist being something along the lines of:

Authorization should take place with the websocket upgrade request resulting in the connection.

Joining a specific channel's chat
    - If the channel id does not exist an error should be returned in the reply
    - if a join method has already succeed on the connection for the channel id, an error should be returned in the reply
    ```
    // Client:
    {
    "type": "method",
    "method": "join",
    "arguments": _channel_id_,
    "id": _method_id_
    }
    // Server:
    {
    "type": "reply",
    "error": null,
    "data": {
    "authenticated":…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make dynamic image updates for descriptions

So, i had a few people request for me to make a website to embed in beam channel descriptions that would show when other users are live. But beam does not allow embeds(iframe) thus i thought, what if i make a website that outputs an image that says when the user is live or not. so i made that site. but because of CloudFlair's caching system the images do not update in the channel description. My request is dynamic image updates in channel descriptions. i think this would benefit a lot of people, and really benefit bigger stream team owners.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make /api/v1/users/<user> endpoint work with string username too

I've been working with the Beam API recently and part of what I've been doing includes looking up data about users. The API is pretty great in regards to most things, but the /api/v1/users/<user> endpoint is not one of those in regards to the fact you *have* to use the user ID to look up a user.

Obviously, you can search the API for the user, and then get the ID from that, but it would be really nice if you could make a request to https://beam.pro/api/v1/users/Matt instead of https://beam.pro/api/v1/users/137.

This shouldn't be too difficult to implement, but would…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Implement OPTIONS method on all API endpoints

Whilst I was working on a project involving REST APIs, I came across this little article: http://zacstewart.com/2012/04/14/http-options-method.html

talking about the OPTIONS method for REST APIs. This method, documented in RFC 2616 section 9.2, "lets the client discover what it's allowed to do to a resource."

While this may not be terribly useful to everyone, it looked interesting and since it's a part of the spec, I figured it might be a quick little something to add to make the API even better.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Android, iOS and Apple TV embed

I'd like to have a stream embedded in my Android, iOS and Apple TV app.

Or at least be able to deep link to a specific stream in the Mixer app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base