Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Channel One For Non Partnered Content Creators

Hi my names Ste I am a mixer streamer by the name of TwistedLimit. I was wondering if a channel one for non partnered streamers could be considered in the future as I believe it would benefit a wider audience then what you currently have with partners also it would strengthen your claim to help new and existing content creators these days I have seen so many content creators between 0 and 7.5k struggle and become disheartened due to the lack of support to non partnered content creators.
    I believe that this idea could change the balance to shape new/future…

993 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

76 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Achievements System to encourage viewers and streamers

Similar to what twitch recently announced I think that Mixer should integrate some type of achievement system or milestones for streamers AND viewers.

Examples for viewer achievements could be

1) watch a streamer who has less than 15 viewers.
    2) watch a stream for over an hour
    etc.

You could do a variety of achievements to encourage activity from viewers in different/unique ways on Mixer.

The reward for completed achievements could be sparks?

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 24/7 Realm Royale Battle Royale: HypeZoneRealmRoyale

We believe in Realm Royale and we need Mixer to believe in us. The community needs Mixer provide the streamers with a platform to show their skills while enjoying the elements of a unique Battle Royale!

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mixer-Con

Mixer-Con it would be awesome to have a convention for Mixer. Ideas some other community members have thrown out are:

-chat with the creators of Mixer
    - seminar on tips to reach Mixer Partner
    - available company’s/brands who support/Aid Mixer streamers
    -some live playing from some of the popular Mixer partners 🤘😎
    - just a chill place for everyone to meet and network
    -mixer partners play with smaller mixer streamers
    -mixer swag giveaways
    -designated mixer channel interviewing random mixer streamers (smaller streamers)
    --interview a small streamer by the largest streamer/partner on mixer

If any other community members have any ideas…

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Follow Trolls

We have all had them, they get very annoying and there is nothing we can do to stop them. This would be follow troll. The people that come in, follow, unfollow, follow, unfollow, follow........... They are a distraction to the streamer, a menace to chat, and a headache for our community.

I propose adding a 24 hour individual cooldown to the follow button. If a person unfollows a streamer, the follow button become locked for 24 hours, for the person that unfollowed, preventing out wonderful follow trolls from be a nuisance.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Channel Progression Opt Out

In reference to: https://blog.mixer.com/2019/04/30/mixer-channel-progression-rolling-out-on-5-1/

I would like a way to opt out of this. I do not want to make participation in my channel some sort of competition.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Different Featured Tabs for Paid Slots/Companies and Streamers

In the past few months, I've noticed that Featured slots are more often than not taken by companies than actual streamers. Realm Royale, for example, took up a featured slot every day for weeks. Mix that semi-permanent slot with other events/games and it can take up almost the entire featured carousel. These observations come not too long after the changes to the featured algorithm that were supposed to greatly improve the chances of a streamer being featured. Having these featured slots taken up, and for such a long time, hurt the exposure and possibilities for streamers trying to grow.

If…

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mixer: Please pay attention to and respond to your community

Mixer,

Whenever there is a tweet on Twitter about an issue on the platform, the response normally given (whether by Mixer or the community) is to post it here.

It gets posted here, and then... crickets tumbleweed

In the first two pages on this site there are post ranging from 30 - almost 1,000 upvotes. -None- of them have a response from Mixer.

It's all well and good that it may have been reviewed, discussed, or action taken. Though, without Mixer responding and closing the open communication loop; the community has no idea what if anything is happening.

No response…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Comedy Category

I think Mixer needs a category for streams focused on comedy. There seems to be another idea about this posted, but no elaboration. I think Mixer's FTL makes it the perfect platform for comedy and I think promoting that as a category will start bringing a few more diverse eyes (and hopefully streamers) to the platform.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Destiny 2 Hypezone

With the new gambit game mode coming to destiny 2 with the launch of forsaken, I see an amazing opportunity to support a hypezone dedicated to the gamemode itself and other destiny 2 competitive events. Within gambit, the structure could work well with the spawns of the prime evils and the progression bars within the mode.

If any other community members have ideas on how to make a destiny 2 hype zone successful, I would love to hear your ideas!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mature rating needs to be adjusted so it does no consider 'Mature' to be 18+.

Mature rating needs to be adjusted so it does no consider 'Mature' to be 18+. Although games may be 'Mature' in nature, having them strictly be 18+ is limiting the potential audience. If you are streaming a game rated adult or mature, or a game with excessive gore/violence than teens who are 17+ are able to purchase ESBR rated M games so 18+ is really limiting the ability to attract a new audience.

As for nudity or sexualized content even if it is cartoonish you MUST set your stream to 18+ and I agree with that as well as it…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Realm Royale hypezone

Bring back realm Royale hypezone since Realm is on Xbox.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Automatic Messages On Unfollowing Against ToS

Several channels (including prominent partners) have their bots set to whisper or worse yet, publicly post a message when someone unfollows their channels. At the time I write this, a partner (who I won't personally name here) has their bot publicly call unfollowers "a little b**ch."

Calling out people who unfollow creates the kind of community toxicity Mixer claims to not harbour like some other platforms. Bot makers should be encouraged to remove this feature and I believe it should be made a Terms of Service violation to engage in this practice. People should have the right to unfollow whoever…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Clipping on mixer

Mixer you really need to make it so EVERYONE can clip cool parts in there stream I'm sorry but itd bs partners are the only ones that can clip things in there stream

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Platform Growth

Hello Mixer!!
    I had a bit of an idea that maybe you could draw inspiration from to improve the platform!

Bringing over Ninja, Shroud and Ewok has been amazing for Mixers growth, but typically when they hop offline, most of the viewership they brought in, come only for them and go back to Twitch or where they are most comfortable.

Introducing a way to bring them into other awesome creators streams, and showing the wide variety of content Mixer has, could really help Mixer expand and grow!

Here is my Idea: What if, Mixer had challenges to complete, kind of…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Complete removal of Banned viewers / subs / donors / etc.

What I mean is safer & happier Communities.

Litterly Can't watch watch | Can't Find Stream | Can't share | Can't make new account to watch etc.

Streamer nows has peace of mind after banning someone ( or a mod )

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  Amelia Carter responded

Valid points all the way around here. Troll management is a very tricky area, because it’s not always as simple as we’d like it to be. But we’ve got most of these things planned and being created now, you should see them in August. And we are carefully researching a few more tools to help make our streams as safe as possible. I’m marking this suggestion as “started” because most of what’s being asked here is already WIP (see: https://forums.beam.pro/topic/1223/changelog-month-of-july-wip). But the improvements will not stop with this update, we’ve got more coming. Thanks for your patience!

17. Better Discord Integration

I believe Discord and Beam could work really well together if they had a few extra features like Twitch does.

• I'd love to see Beam having a streaming status, like twitch that displays what the user is streaming under their name, this works great on Twitch.

• Secondly, having a beam connection on Discord would help with discovery such as in here https://gyazo.com/6ae4b74246a7afa7694fa1baa8e236cc .

• Along with the second option, twitch subs that link their discord can directly access their streamers discord such as here https://gyazo.com/67211fde78db457a5ee46b51fa73afc9 > I think it'd be awesome to have this with Beam partners too!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mixercon!!!!!

You guys need to have a mixercon next year!!!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Combine Art and Creative Sections

The art and creative sections should be combined into just one so that we can all be in the same place for higher visibility. Chopping these sections up into two smaller ones makes it ineffective.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Xbox Gold+Game Pass = Free Mixer Pro

was in Roster's stream earlier and there was a discussion about how to give something back to Xbox Live / Mixer Pro etc

I got to thinking how nice it would be if there was a way to tie in Xbox Gold, Game Pass and Mixer Pro so that Xbox Gold+Game Pass subs could get Mixer Pro for Free?

We've been waiting for years for Xbox Gold subs to get something useful (I'm a 14yrs+ Gold continuous sub) and running three 'Microsoft' subs and then channel subs gets pretty bloody expensive.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base