Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VODs buffering constantly

I have been using Mixer for a few weeks now and I still can't find any solution to the VOD buffering issues. I have tried various devices Ipad, android phone, etc... various Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge), and they all just buffer every 4-5 seconds. Once in a blue moon, a VOD will play fine for an hour or so and then start buffering constantly. I have 250mb fiber.
    Live streams work perfectly, but VODs buffer af.
    BTW, this does not seem like a client/front-end issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IF clips takes too much ressources...

If the clips are too resource intensive because people are clipping garbage... Just remove it and replace it with uploadable video for affiliate and partner.

Limit it to streamed content and moderate it. You will have sooooo much less data to deal with and every streamer worth their salt can just add a replay buffer action to their bot, then upload later.

Or just use technology and timestamp the VOD that is already available at the end of each stream anyway. You could scrub to where you see the most timestamp and have the user go at it. It cost…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Clips discoverability. And user engagement

Alright, beat twitch with the following.

Display clip on the front page and have a clip section of the website.

Only display clip that has more than X unique view. A customized title and a manually selected thumbnail.

Make an up/down arrow system like Reddit and have the top clip weighted against time.

Add comment to clip with the same system

Allow streamer to change the thumbnail with a 3 second portion of their clip and a custom title. NO FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE TUMBNAIL FOR ANYONE

Have the clip link to the full VOD on the streamer own Clip page.

You…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. kill indicator on VODs. Help viewers navigate through gameplay especially on battle royales.

in the VOD, place kill indictators on the time bar. If viewers want to fast forward to the kill, they can.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to Download Full Res VOD/VOD Editor

If there's not already. We should get a way to download our VODs in full resolution. Its cool that we get to watch the VODs in full resolution but downloading it for editing destroys the resolution.

Either that or have a VOD editor where we can cut and trim the high resolution VODs already available to us and be able to upload/post them to our own YouTube Channels/Instagram or what not. After all, the best way to grow our streaming audience is to create content on more discoverable platforms and bring them over.

Respectfully,

MisterJester12

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Past streams

Add the ability to view past streams in different quality, like 720p or 480p ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make VODS easier to watch

1) Save the VOD progress please. Litterally every video/streaming service has this and it's super annoying to remember where you left off in a 9hr VOD. This is basic stuff and massively improves the ease of watching VODS

2)As stated many of times before on this "feedback portal" quality options for VODS. Once again I don't understand why this isn't a thing. Again very basic stuff that improves the ease of waching VODs especially for people with **** internet or limited data.

3) Why is the fast foward/backwards so high. If you use it once it skips like 10 minutes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. downloads

Can you add timestamps or dates to our downloads for our vods maybe something like 'title-04-01-2020'?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fast forward

VODs should have the option to skip 30 seconds and go back ten seconds like every other modern media player

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can't fast-forward in past broadcast stream on the Xbox Insider Mixer app.

I can't fast-forward in the past broadcast streams. When I try and fast-forward what happens is that the stream will buffer and stay still for a long time with no result.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New Role Video Editor

A video editor has the ability to download previous streams to edit and able to make visual effects on stream.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. quality options for vods

quality options for Vods is really needed.
    its impossible for me and for many people to watch a vod,once the only option is the highest one and my laptop can't deal with that.
    we need quality option on the Vods ,Please,Microsoft Team.
    every relevant gaming livestream platform, that have Vods, have that feature. that's really needed. that's pivotal on a Vod.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Impossible to watch VOD's

When watching vod, sometimes the video stops for 1/2 sec, but this is frequent, every 5 ~10 seconds this happens, is impossible to watch VOD and my internet is good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Playback speed options for VODs

Would be nice to watch VODs at increased playback speeds, especially for those who are pretty busy and have limited free time everyday.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Xbox or mobile past streams

People should be able to watch past streams of my content while I’m offline on xbox and mobile. Stupid that you can only do it on PC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hypezone is never online

i think if hypezone was back featured it would grow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save Clips in OneDrive

I believe that leveraging the "Clips" function with the power of Microsoft OneDrive, so that we could save clips to the cloud, would be an AMAZING feature. It would allow people to save those wonderful moments in the cloud, automagically, and you could even have tiers for the amount of storage needed. I think this idea would be a wonderful way to help not only the streamer, but the platform bring in an untapped source of revenue so that we can continue to grow! <3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Email Notification When Past Streams About to Expire...

Story: (Bear with me, I'm a little frustrated) I really don't see the reason why streams can't stay uploaded for longer or even forever, but if you guys are adamant on keeping it that way, I'd suggest at the very least giving the option for consumers to have emails received reminding them of a stream or streams that are about to expire.

I had an extremely frustrating experience where I had a stream lost when I couldn't find the money to buy a storage device in time to store it, and yes I do realize that streams expire in 14…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A better way to skip forward or backward is necessary !

I found. I think it’s necessary to have something where we can skip back and forth within the stream. You gotta realize we are watching HOURS of content and having to scroll that tab on the bottom to try to go to such a recent and specific moment can’t be quite tedious. Maybe like a 30 second forward button and 10 seconds backward button would be awesome !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base