Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chose what Platform you are playing on like PC or XBOX

Similar to how you can change your audience and channel language. I think it would be a good idea to let the streamer have the option to change what platform their streaming from. For instance if someone is streaming Fortnite on a PC then someone could filter what platform people are playing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. a good idea I saw on youtube

In particular you tuber who also streams on twitch make some interesting thoughts about how mixer and twitch could improve the platform so I'm going to give the link to his video and you can decide for yourself link: https://youtu.be/2PkAqv7rV6A

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Mixer advertising itself on other platforms

From what I am hearing and seeing recently people are becoming increasingly frustrated with Twitch but don't feel there is a viable alternative. I think it would be a good idea for Mixer to advertise on various platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and podcasts to remind potential viewers and streamers that Twitch has a competitor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Channel Surfing!

Basically have some type of channel surfing ability to watch random streamers for 1 or 2 minutes before switching to the next one automatically. You would pick the game you would like to watch and go! But, it should have a skip function if the person doesn't like the stream. If they do like the stream, they can pause the surfing option and watch that streamer.

This could drastically help with discoverability. Think of how youtube works with suggested content. This could also be implemented perhaps over time with #'s and keywords. If someone liked a certain streamer based on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Czech

Hello. I wanted to ask. Whether there will be Czech in the future. I would like to air with you. But the chance to be found here if I speak Czech is almost zero. Thank you and I apologize for my English.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sort "GAMES" search by number of viewers or live channels

When I attempt to search for games using the /browser/games/ page on the desktop site, I always have to aggressive scroll and scan the game options with my eyes to see if there are ANY viewers for a certain game.

What if the search automatically shoved games with active viewers or streamers to the very top, then sorted the rest however you see fit?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Discover Section

Hey everyone. I am a new and small streamer under the name MrTeeXD and I want Mixer to add a section where there are new streamers like me to be found instantly. I feel like the discoverability is not that great but this section of the website could help out alot for me and other small streamers as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search wildcards on channel name

Suggestion from using mobile app, so apologies if desktop browser variant offers richer features.

It seems to me the Search bar only works on channel prefixes? It would be helpful to at least have options to match explicit wildcards too.

Genuine example. I know the mixermusicteam are streaming a gig live from pax west today, and I vaguely recall it's on Slushies channel, or something similar.

Search "slushie", not found.
    Search "slush", not found.
    Search "slush*", not found.
    Search "*slush*", not found.

Give up and search twitter/google/discord for slush. Quickly find it's TheeSlushee. Ok, so partly my fault for being…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Discoverability!

This completely not my idea, but I just watched Harris Heller video and all of his points were valid!I believe they should be implemented!

Here is the link provided:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PkAqv7rV6A

Thank you for reading this and I hope this idea comes to life!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add

I Recently just watched a video on youtube & thought it was an amazing idea. A separate section should be made for clips where you can like it and dislike. So if you find some unknown streamer & there actually good at a game or halarious ppl can find him through clips idk if explained right but hopefully you get the picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop displaying 24/7 farming streams on the top stream section of the home page

Loading my mobile app up last night on the homepage I noticed a lot of 24/7 streams, sone music/radio, others forza influence farms and others spark farms.

There was a total of 17 24/7 streams out of 30 slots available (Mixer App).

Shouldn't actual content be displayed here rather than streams used only for farming or botting.

When I notice my favourite streamers aren't online I typically check out top streams. Seeing a lot of 24/7 streams here which are always AFK puts me off the search for a new creator to watch and I end up not watching Mixer…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Minecraft hypezone

I think we need a Minecraft Hypezone, after all it's a very popular game and not all of us are PVP gods. I'm a PVP BOT. Please allow for a greater variety of games to be showcased.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search past broadcasts by game

Being able to search past broadcasts by game would help smaller games' streamers find an audience even if those streamers aren't currently online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. This Mixer is rubbish! Twitch is far superior in video quality and resolution! The lives in this Mixer sucks the users bad and checkered ima

This Mixer is rubbish! Twitch is far superior in video quality and resolution! The lives in this Mixer sucks the users bad and checkered images no matter how fast the internet can be 500 Mega with 100 Upload that the transmission is rubbish and lousy picture quality! And if you contact Mixer Technical Support and ask! Useless idiots can't solve anything! And they only make excuses and can't explain or hide the truth! Pig service!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Game Release

On Game Release Day make a big hype around it a month before by getting partnered streamers together and advertising it using social media. also as microsoft own it they could work with game companies to get the name of mixer out there which will boost numbers.

Games coming up

- MW - Get a squad together and promote, make a comp out of it and do a give away to the teams competing (show unity )

-World of Warcraft - Make a team"world of mixer" that will be playing it and show highlight and promote.

So much can be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Discoverability for Game Development Streams

Hello,

If Mixer could help game development live streams (and those for other types of creatives) find an audience, Mixer could become the new home for these types of folks and their followers.

Right now, a user has to know to enter "development" in the "Game" search box, which is a little obtuse. By providing an obvious and visible way to find these types of streams, as well as featuring them on the front page, it would really help grow the ecosystem of developers and other creatives on Mixer!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More hypezone games

Ive seen mixed opinions on adding new hypezone channels/games to hypezone. How exactly doesnt Mixer need more hype zone channels? People who stream games other than battle royales or R6 deserve to get hype zone just as much. And that's kind of limiting Mixer's potential as well as a streaming platform. Destiny 2, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, and Borderlands are some games I think should be hype zone eligible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Making a genre category

It's frustrating that I can't find different types of genres of games, it would be nice to have a category where you can find mystery, horror, action, etc. It would easier for viewers to find what game they want and also help streamers get out there who are underrated. I feel like it would be a bit more organized that way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. world of warcraft

World of Warcraft cover picture should not be of Battle for Azeroth expansion. With the coming release of Classic WoW, most viewers are tuning in for Classic content, not BfA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Unknown Games" section like "Up And Coming" etc

There is a section "Up And Coming" which promotes newer streamers on Mixer. I think it would be REALLY cool if there was a section people could go to, specifically, to discover games that are being streamed to say, 0 - 5 viewers (per streamer) or something.

This, I feel, would really help those who stream indie games, for example. Or those who don't like Battle Royales (like me, personally), etc that everyone is playing.

Mixer is all about community. Why not make another form of "Community" that anyone can make use of to discover?

"Unknown Games" should not restrict…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base