Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bad page for review streams :(

bad platform for review streams :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow MixPlay projects to set a "requires FTL" flag that automatically enables FTL in the Mixer app

Today's Mixer Android/iOS app update disables FTL by default, which will cause serious problems for any MixPlay games that depend on a low latency stream.

Our main MixPlay game will now become unplayable for anyone on mobile, unless they've re-enabled FTL. Obviously we'll be telling people to enable it, but there's likely to be a large amount of player churn with people thinking "well, this thing sucks" and dropping out before they realise it's because FTL is disabled.

Whilst the logic for having FTL disabled by default on mobile is understandable (and probably even preferable for non-interactive streams), it would…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Melhorem por favor!

Minha Internet é muito ruim. Eu não Consigo assistir uma LIVE direito. Mas no facebook é levinho consigo ver as LIVES suave.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Events to show who gets banned or timedout

TL;DR: Add events in the API for timeouts and bans.

Currently, the API is limited for what events we can see that moderators have done, we are able to see deleted messages, chat cleared, and purge events, however, we currently are unable to see ban or timeout events. As a mod myself ban and timeouts are definitely a big part of being mod and I would do this a lot, I also know that sometimes streamers like to ban/timeout for different reasons and it would be nice to have an event that shows who banned or timedout a user so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cooperate with GoStream - an awesome livestream tool

Hello. I'm Vien from GoStream Jsc. We're building a livestream tool that allow people to add image, text even video while live streaming.
    We also support multiple cameras, from high-end webcam, DSLR to smartphone ios and Android. You can use any device you have as an extra camera, in the same location or not.
    The best feature is deep linking with social network like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter. The host can ask viewers a question then viewers comment to answer. And we can show the result on the live stream. Even pick a winner by lucky draw. Many mini game we're…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Setting Background Image of button via c++ isn't working

Setting the background image of a button is not changing the button. Should I need to do anything else 3esides calling the method?
    auto result = ::interactive_control_set_property_string(_session, "Image1", "backgroundImage", "https://...");

Here is the debug trace : the result is MIXER_OK

Queueing method: {"id":7,"method":"updateControls","discard":true,"seq":10,"params":{"sceneID":"default","controls":[{"controlID":"Image1","backgroundImage":"https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.6RGX1DlxvqSevMPOWizDSAHaJ6&pid=Api"}]}}
    Sending websocket message: {"id":7,"method":"updateControls","discard":true,"seq":10,"params":{"sceneID":"default","controls":[{"controlID":"Image1","backgroundImage":"https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.6RGX1DlxvqSevMPOWizDSAHaJ6&pid=Api"}]}}
    Websocket message received: {"type":"method","method":"onControlUpdate","params":{"sceneID":"default","controls":[{"controlID":"Image1","kind":"button","etag":"","disabled":false,"cooldown":0,"cost":0,"backgroundColor":"#240be2","borderColor":"#f73e3e","meta":{},"position":[{"size":"large","width":17,"height":10,"x":25,"y":6}],"text":"Image1","backgroundImage":"https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.6RGX1DlxvqSevMPOWizDSAHaJ6&pid=Api"}]},"id":0,"seq":12,"discard":true}

Any suggestions?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Oembed support

Would love to see oembed support integrated.
    Mainly so we can allow users on our platform to embed their live stream directly into their status updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remaining MixPlay Buttons

I'd like for the DevLab to tell me how many buttons I have l left that can be placed. Just a number somewhere on screen that says you can still place # buttons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change to Elixir should be considered

I know change the system is not easy or a dessired option but I think Elixir (programming language) should be put into consideration, is not just a lot faster talking about web sockets naturally, have a better threads performance and is easier to manage. Maybe is not good idea but I think you should think about it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. URL links in Custom Controls should open in new window/tab

A current work around is to have a chat bot post the url link in the chat but then the chat gets spammed. To mitigate that, url buttons can have timer and/or spend sparks but that's a bandaid to bandaid and way too complex just to go to someone’s twitter or discord. Bots whispering the url to the user is a slightly better work around but still not ideal. This is especially bad on the mobile app where you don't see the chat while using MixPlay so when you keep pressing a button to a donation link nothing happens and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Android, iOS and Apple TV embed

I'd like to have a stream embedded in my Android, iOS and Apple TV app.

Or at least be able to deep link to a specific stream in the Mixer app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feature complete the chat moderation API

1. The [`PurgeMessage`](https://dev.mixer.com/reference/chat/index.html#chat__events__PurgeMessage) event should *always* include the `moderator` information, even when it is chained to a ban or timeout.
    A [`UserUpdate`](https://dev.mixer.com/reference/chat/index.html#chat__events__UserUpdate) event should always include information about what user updated the roles (including, and especially, if they're staff), and the [`UserTimeout`](https://dev.mixer.com/reference/chat/index.html#chat__events__UserTimeout) event should be broadcast to everyone (it specifies the user who is timed out), and also include a `moderator` field.
    3. It should be possible again to *mute* a user, by timing them out without purging their messages (sometimes you don't want them to disappear so people can understand why moderator action…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Blizzard Stream Ablility

As Blizzard as started to add many games to their service Battle.net, I believe it would be a beneficial idea to have a Mixer Stream option incorporated into the launch system.
    As Blizzard begins to adds more games (Destiny 2, Black Ops 4) to their list of playable games through Battle.net, having the option to stream on Mixer through Battle.net would be awesome. Would give people the ability to stream an Blizzard game along with any Activision game.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. multstream overlay

I m looking for a extension w overlay where I can add mores "streams"... multiple cams (ambient/external cam, mouse cam, cel NDI cam, gopro/wifi cam etc), multiple audio tracks (spotify - open that playlist and pause real time audio stream - and/or open lyrics for that song) etc, multiple dynamic popup/rollout overlays (sponsor/social media link, functional chat at full screen view, link to youtube highlight video, replay - open main stream 15s before in small overlay window, skype video/ discord audio call etc).

Mixer has ~7000 upolad "limit" and most of streamers hasn't 1 ~high-end pc to stream some games…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More versatile Search Parameters

Search parameters refined. State, province, region, country, hamlet, borough, town etc. Example: I live on the Western Hemisphere, but my stream schedule doesn't attract Western Hemisphere viewers, but would attract EU viewers. I want to find streamers that live in Scotland, so I should be able to search for Scotland and have all the streamers from Scotland appear in my search results. thus allowing me to refine my search by perusing the results looking for specific interests. In other words make the search parameters more versatile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Battle.net Tab

As Battle.net begins to add more and more Activision game to the Battl.net launcher it's safe to say that Streaming should also be added. As of this moment Battle.net does allow Streaming but only too Facebook.
    Would be nice to have a Stream option for Battle.net to Stream not only Blizzard Games easier but also to Stream newly added Activision games as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ;)))

Хочешь узнать? Спроси меня как.… Ошибка а программе?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. agregar el bajar la calida en videos resubidos

es ineteresante lo que han logrado. Pero quisiera que se pudiera bajar la calidad de los videos resubidos ya que a veces podemos, no tener la mejor conexion, o el mejor dispositivo para verlos, por lo tanto luego se congela la imagen pero sigue el sonido , o ban desfasados y setraban. Aun que se que la calidad de video lo es todo que mas personas disfruten fluidamente la transmicion perdida aumenta las pocibilidades de mas visitas a lo streamer´s .

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Developer Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mixer is trash, you can't chrome cast, you can't change the quality of the VODs, which makes the buffering take so long. Twitch is better

Mixer is trash, you can't chrome cast, you can't change the quality of the VODs, which makes the buffering take so long. Twitch is better sort your **** out!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base