Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better use of sparks

Hey guys

I love the whole concept of sparks earning as we watch and being able to use them to interact with streams, but it would be great to be able to utilise them on more things.

Maybe have the ability to convert sparks into things such as a 3 month mixer pro code, free sub of channel or like a 5% code off an order from the mixer store would be a great idea to reward those of us who spend hundreds of hours watching streams over Mixer.

many of us have 500,000+ sparks and apart from hitting an…

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox one integrated Stream overlays

I would love for you guys to implement a feature that allows for the people who are currently stuck on console for streaming to have a couple simple stream overlays to use. Such as a face cam border and maybe a follower announce. This would be a great way to make console streams look a little sharper and these could easily be managed through the broadcast set-up, you could opt to have it on or off and just like chat overlay choose the position. This feature could be rolled out first for xbox insiders to test it and see if…

548 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Pro users and Partners will now have the ability to add images, overlays, text, and scene switching to their broadcasts on all of our platforms (including Xbox and Mixer Create) using Lightstream Studio!

Read more about our partnership and how to get started here: https://blog.mixer.com/2018/04/11/enhance-your-mixer-streams-with-lightstream-studio/

We hope to expand access to Lightstream to more users as we validate the stability and performance of the feature.

- Matt Salsa

3. Video quality in settings

Right now there is a problem if you have slow internet or doesn't work as good on a day the problem is video settings is set up

load video> High setting>change to low

This is a huge problem because then it requires the person to load a video they can't watch which causes the video to never load since your connection is so weak sometimes it doesn't even let you have video quality. Also not everyone can watch 1080p on high settings

I propose to have it set in settings overall so it will b e

your settings > load…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This option is now available on mobile. We will consider adding it to more platforms in the future but have no specific news otherwise. Thank you for suggesting this!

- Matt Salsa

4. 71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Followers that are hosting channels will now show up under the new following tab on the browse page as offline. Clicking their channel will allow you to see the host!

I’ve marked this as started because this obviously isn’t ideal UX, but in the future you’ll be able to see more detail about the hosted channel right in the browse experience, and I’d love to get this more tightly integrated into the primary browse view instead of needing to use a tab.

5. Complete removal of Banned viewers / subs / donors / etc.

What I mean is safer & happier Communities.

Litterly Can't watch watch | Can't Find Stream | Can't share | Can't make new account to watch etc.

Streamer nows has peace of mind after banning someone ( or a mod )

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  Amelia Carter responded

Valid points all the way around here. Troll management is a very tricky area, because it’s not always as simple as we’d like it to be. But we’ve got most of these things planned and being created now, you should see them in August. And we are carefully researching a few more tools to help make our streams as safe as possible. I’m marking this suggestion as “started” because most of what’s being asked here is already WIP (see: https://forums.beam.pro/topic/1223/changelog-month-of-july-wip). But the improvements will not stop with this update, we’ve got more coming. Thanks for your patience!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base