Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. play pause

Using space key for play/pause the Vod.
    It work if first click to play/pause button with mouse and if it focused on that button. But it will be nice if it works when on the players.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clicking on stream - Interactive 2.0

It would be great if viewers could click on the stream and if we could get a normalized value (x, y coords, ranging from 0 to 1) of the click event together with the User ID. This would allow automated point & click games, as well as more advanced integrations of your choice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Beam Pro exclusive emotes

Having global emotes that are exclusive to Beam Pro users. Maybe faces of other staff members or Beam branded emotes? Would be nice additional incentive to become a pro user and more fun things to spam in chats!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Would there ever be an option to donate sparks between users within the Beam community?

I think one suggestion would be an option to donate sparks with viewers, streamers, and friends to use on the soundboards and things like that

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Host and toggle controls back under the stream window

I much preferred the host and toggle controls under the stream window over where they are now under the social buttons.

Now that Legacy Beam is no more I would love to see those buttons moved back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Save streaming

I would like to see the streams saved for watching back at a later date. I'm in an F1 league and we stream then the other players watch the stream back that would be a great addition. Save our streams? TED1ST.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. donation charge backs

As most of us know Twitch has an system currency which helps protect it's broadcasters from charge backs with Paypal and allows them to focus on Content and not worrying about finances. Beam has the awesome Spark system already, for interaction but it would be nice to have a Beam specific currency which protects the broadcaster from dealing with charge backs.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partnership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search and Sort followed Streamers in Notifications section.

Since I have almost 60 pages of streamers I've followed listed in my notifications section. I'd love a way to search/sort them. Maybe show only those I've checked or similar. ty.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create guides and introductory videos in Spanish

Simplemente no tengo que dar explicacion mas aya de que no entiendo nada, me interesa la plataforma y hay mucha gente que habla español.

Están perdiendo una gran cantidad de gente, luego sera tarde y no podrán hacer que entre, creen guías y vídeos de introducción en español.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. fix beam app on android

so, the beam app isnt loading any streams nor letting me login
    on my samsung s5 and huawei t1 10 mediapad, both on kitkat. no problems on a samsung tab3 and samsung s7 with marshmellow though.
    whats the deal here , u guys quitely discontinued support for older android versions?
    is it an issue serverside?
    i know devs want that playstore download counter to go up, but if u have any respect for ur users, an announcement would be appreciated.

ps: yes i have tried uninstalling, clearing cache, all the usual stuff; the app doesnt work on kitkat; check out…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a global troll list

There should be a way to have a global troll list where a person can be reported for trolling and then can be banned for an example on all channels if the streamer ops into the global troll list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Deleting messages in chat removes chat for the streamer

Recently i have discovered: If a mod removes a message the streamers chat will often disappear, leaving the streamer confused and unable to read the chat, which can ruin streams on many occasions. Has anyone else witnessed this, and is there way of fixing the chat to disable this from happening.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have something similar to YouTube introduction videos for streamers

So it was particularly popular at one stage to find a somewhat pinned video on someone's YouTube channel (sometimes called introductory videos). It still occurs today but the nature of YouTube has resulted in people "pinning" a video with a lot of views, or they want to promote a video... Livestreaming however is different. If you limit the time for the intro video, people won't be able to upload a whole stream, they can upload a snippet of a stream, but that is their choice.

If it is to be used properly we could see videos with a physical introduction…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mobile app feedback

Hello, just wanted to send some feedback for the app.

I like most of the app, but I've noticed some things that may affect user satisfaction when using it. First, when replaying VOD's on the app, the user can't just stop the VOD to choose another one. They also can't just stop it in general. They are required to go to the homepage and swipe the video left to close it, then return to the streamers page to choose another VOD to watch.

This ties (somewhat) into my second feedback: users who are signed into the app cannot simply access…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. @(Beam Name)

When I type in "@(beam name)" there are not suggested user options. I have to remember the exact spelling of these unique Beam names to "@" them. Can we get a recommendation feature to help us autofill the person we are trying to speak to?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Background Music Support from Microsoft Groove or Pandora when streaming on Xbox App

If there was a way to let music from Xbox One to be heard on stream in the background, this would easily be the best streaming service on Console. If this relies on removing VODs, I'll take it

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scrollbars on Firefox

Chrome users got nice transparent scrollbars. It would be great to see them also on Firefox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Beam to automatically check connection for FTL stream after failing over to HLS

When the FTL stream connection is lost and it drops down to HLS, Beam should periodically, automatically, retry to connect to FTL.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. chat box

Hey Beam!

So one thing I run into on stream is that I talk to those that are in the chat, but those in my xbox party can't tell if I'm talking to them or the stream. One solution I've considered would be to allow people in my party to gain access to my chat box and overlay it onto their screen as it appears on mine while I stream. That way we can all experience the chat together! Just a thought! Thank you for making such an awesome platform!

TyFighter559

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it possible to share projects with other users in the new interactive studio

In the old "Developer Lab" it was possible to share games (now known as projects) with other users so that they can edit them.

Please make this possible again.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base