Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile beta?

it would be cool if we could have beta for the mobile apps

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a feature to beambot that posts in your chat if you've been added to the rising stars directory.

Add a feature to beambot that posts an alert in chat (like how it does for followers) when/if you get listed under rising stars directory

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Embed Stream Team Widget

Hello,

I would like to see a feature where teams who have their own website, forums, etc. can embed their stream team page in a similar manner as embedding an individual page. This would be something that would improve upon Stream Teams

Misc suggestions for Team Pages:
    -Favorite/follow button for teams
    -"Featured Teams" occasionally feature a team that has a lot of concurrent viewers, a rapidly growing following, or that is making positive impacts on the beam community.
    -Team Leaderboards to bring a little friendly competition between teams
    -Announcements section on the team page, also allow team members with certain…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add iDeal payment support

In the Netherlands, not much people have a credit card. The main payment method is iDeal (over 222 million payments with 17 million people in 2015). I have to use a thirty party if I want to make a payment to Beam, this is annoying and sometimes costs me money.

Is it possible to add iDeal as a payment method for the Dutch users in here?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 'Like' button for each stream, but resets for each and every stream, or other sort of rating system for viewers to give feedback

'Like' button for each stream, but resets for each and every stream, or other sort of rating system for viewers to give feedback

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unlisted Channels

With the FTL protocol, it would be great for people to use beam as an alternative for live commentary with a group, such as Let's Plays. Additionally, unlisted channels could provide people who want to have a stream only accessible to their friends without worrying about troll raids.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display Selected Game Name Filter

Show the name of the selected game in the "STREAMING NOW" row if a game filter has been selected (instead of the 'streaming now' text). Reasoning: the user expects to be shown streamers who are currently streaming so it's a little unnecessary to say that they are indeed streaming (especially since when they're not streaming it is specified with another divider, and currently streaming streamers have viewer counts on their cards, further visually differentiating them), and game names are sometimes so long the full name doesn't fit nicely in the sidebar or on the cards, a nice screen-wide bar like…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a check box or drop down for being "RaidFriendly" or not.

It would be great to be able to check or uncheck a box regarding being so called, "raid friendly" or not.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Double click on names in chat to add @<name> into chat box

Double click on names in chat to add @<name> into chat box, much easier than having to type @ and then name or select from the drop down menu. :)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Thinking emote? :thinking:

In order to be able to express ourselves to the fullest of all the potentials, I think we need the :thinking: emote. This is a vital part of the chat experience! Set :thinking: free! <3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to Change Thumbnails

Currently Beam will pick a thumbnail from a moment towards the beginning of the VOD. Sometimes that could misrepresent what a majority of the stream was because not everyone reads the title. VOD titles are sort of hard to read in general.

It would be nice if we could upload our own thumbnail or the system could generate several thumbnails from different points in the stream similar to Youtube.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Will you guys ever consider working with 3rd party websites such as frankerfacez for custom emotes?

Will you guys ever consider working with 3rd party websites such as frankerfacez for custom emotes?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Purge option on popup when clicking a name

Also, once I load the report option, I can no longer manage the chat unless I close that dialogue box.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Android Links to a stream load website and not app

So, I cannot choose which I need to be the default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. VMix Compatibility and Integration

vmix is a production level application that has soo many features. I use it for our unique interactive, for awesome overlays, and other features as well. Right now it has options to stream to various destinations, but NOT Beam. Instead, I have to use the custom RTMP target, which has a minimum delay of 5 seconds. While this is still better than other platforms, it's not FTL.

Would you be able to reach out to them and partner to incorporate Tachyon technology into their targets so that we could select our ingest points from within their app?

www.vmix.com

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Video player compatibility with Facebook

It would be great you can add video player integration with Facebook, the people would see the streams directly into Facebook, like twitch.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. schedule

Scheduled stream reminders Request from new streamer, to be able to schedule streams so that followers can get an email reminder a set time before the stream. Most streamers will let their Twitter followers know half an hour to an hour before stream, but this does not cover all of the followers. To be able to send stream reminders via email would be a much more effective way to bring the crowds, and automated based on scheduled events would make it easier on streamers.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Contact page / error reporting

Lately too many people are posting on the forums asking for help in a way they really should open a ticket. The reason why they post on the forums is the contact page is not even listed on the main site and you have to scroll all the way down to see it! I suggest it be moved to the top of the screen of the main page. I am aware it's on the dashboard but people are too lazy to notice things and just need another way for people to know that beam.pro/contact is a thing and the forums…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Would like to

Don't know if just iPad or what not but can chat be horizontal and not vertical when you have the iPad on a stand/horizontal position? Sorry if this question makes no sense, but would appreciate feed back <3 :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clocks below the video?

I've seen quite a few people already that display their time in their stream, so that viewers know what time it is there.

But I think, maybe, based on a timezone setting somewhere and a flag to either show or hide it, we should be able to display a little clock somewhere so that it's a standardized design that would keep the videos a bit cleaner.

Also VODs should save the "initial" timestamp so that they can show what time it was in the VOD at point X.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base