Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mixer Affiliates

I really enjoy the Mixer Season 2. However I am a LITTLE bummed that nothing new was presented to smaller streamers to hype them up.

I honestly feel the sparks as a form of monetization for smaller streamers as well could potentially be the start of some sort of Mixer Affiliate program.

Yes, I can now use my sparks to support "my favorite content creators" but at least half of my favorites are not even partnered.

We love you Mixer, but don't forget about us little folk trying to work our magic on the platform.

273 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Ember Pricing Scheme Thoughts (with math)

With the new changes to the crystal, plus the costs of embers there are plenty of people upset with the changes. I set out to try to figure out how can we do this so that between the crystal, the actual costs per ember for the purchaser we find a middle ground that helps the viewers, streamers, and platform.

I used comparisons with bits costs (our one comparable analog) and then colorized based on more expensive than twitch and less expensive than twitch. I feel as if I have found a good medium. I also share some thoughts on direct…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. All streamers can earn money from sparks

Right now only partner streamers can earn actual money from people using sparks on their channel. This is not fair for people just starting out. Beginner streamers should have the ability to have smaller tiers to reach of sparks that people use on their channel so they can get small amounts of money.

I would feel so fulfilled if I earned even $1 for streaming for a month, but I can't until I get 2000 followers. Let me start off small with small amounts of monetary reward so I have motivation to work my way up and get paid more…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mass/Random Gift Subs

Currently, the only way to gift a sub is by typing in an individual username. I propose a system that would allow a gift sub to be allocated randomly to someone in the viewer list and allow multiple subs to be gifted at the same time. I feel this would help all partners and Mixer by allowing more subs to be given throughout a partner's community and across Mixer as a whole.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3-Month, 6-Month, & 1-Year Subscriptions (possible discount?)

This idea is pretty straight forward. Allow viewers to purchase multi-month subscriptions to their favorite channels. Currently, the only way to support a channel/streamer is month-to-month at $5.99/mo. Instead, viewers can prepay for a given number of months up front for one set price. This would allow the viewer to pay:
    - $17.97 for 3 months
    - $35.94 for 6 months
    - $71.88 for 1 year.
    These prices are without any discounts. It could be possible to incentivize purchasing multiple months up front by offering some type of discount, such as:
    $16.50 for 3 months
    $32.25 for 6 months
    $65.00…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Expand current Game Sales Programme to include Gaming Hardware from Microsoft Store

Microsoft store offers Devices like Gaming PC, Headsets ,xbox , accessories etc and movies, TV shows too. It makes sense to include those in Mixer ''BUY'' button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Free subscription

Have you thought about allowing people with XBL Gold to have a free subscription? or Xbox game pass?

I think this would really encourage everyone, streamers and viewers to either get XBL or XBGame Pass if they get a free sub for their favourite streamer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. affiliate crystal

instead of an affiliate program where people can sub etc just make a position where streamers can qualify to get a spark crystal Similar to that of which a partner gets but perhaps a maximum of $100 payout or so

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Microsoft Funds

Please allow us to use Microsoft funds for Subs, Embers, and Pro. Also allow and maybe restrict Streamer donations to Microsoft Funds, and put a stop to these Ridiculous chargebacks that some streamers see way to often.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Advertisements

Hello,
    I had an idea, businesses have social media like twitter, Facebook .etc
    They run annoying ads that most people just skip or avoid if possible. What if mixer created a business program where companies could create mixer accounts and have real representatives interact with the community? A Gunnar official account dropping into A stream “ if she can make top 3 this Apex Game we will give 3, 10% off codes”. And then that representative being able to chat with the community and cheer on streamer It would bring streaming and advertisers to a new level, create a more…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Monitization in a Nutshell

Streamer monetization using Microsoft reward points is something that should be heavily considered. Offering Mixer streamers some sort of payout for streaming to 3 or more active viewers would help motivate streamers to migrate from competitive platforms as well as offer them some motivation to continue streaming. Since streamers typically become viewers in other streams during their downtime, this would also help bolster the overall viewership of Mixer. More streamers typically equals more viewers.
    A rewards payout for spending sparks would be a good idea as well , albeit at a significantly lower rate. This could be further enhanced by…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Replacing Spark Revenue

This is more of a question than a suggestion, but how are Mixer partners supposed to replace the revenue they are earning through Sparks when that goes away? You can't create a revenue stream to lure content creators to your site and then take it away without replacing it and not expect any push back. Perhaps there is a replacement that hasn't been named yet, but this is the time to be forthcoming with that information rather than being coy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Xbox Live Gold/Game Pass = Free Sub (Similar to Twitch Prime)

I think I have heard rumors about Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass coming together as 1 package deal. I feel like if you bought Gold/Game Pass you should be granted a Free Sub to any content creator on the platform.

This would help Partner streamers start building the platform to a place where they can stream full time and potentially be a bigger competitor to twitch since they have something like this and is dominating the space.

Give some feedback on how to improve this or make it where it is possibly obtainable and could be implemented. I would…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change the Ninja Free Subscription Deal

Free two months of Ninja subscription doesn't help Mixer. It doesn't help viewers. It doesn't help other streamers. It only helps Ninja.
    Helping Ninja is fine, to a point. Ninja being here can help all of us, and it's important to make him successful here because of that.
    But instead of two months of Ninja, how about one month of Ninja and one month of a partnered streamer of OUR CHOICE? I'd much rather support AtlasOfficial or TheOnlyTachyon, and other Mixer viewers have their other preferred streamers. And for those that DO want to support Ninja that much, they can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sub/Ember Bundles and "Streamer Support Bundles"

This idea could be used either as a limited-time promotion or as a regular incentive. In addition, it also piggybacks on another idea I posted: multi-month subscriptions. Here's the link to that idea:

https://watchmixer.uservoice.com/forums/382521-mixer-feedback-ideas/suggestions/37873393-3-month-6-month-1-year-subscriptions-possible

The premise behind this idea is simple: allow viewers the opportunity to purchase a channel subscription and a given number of Embers for one set price.

To further incentivize the idea of buying a bundle, I've designed "Streamer Support Bundles." These bundles allow a purchaser to customize their purchase based on the number of months they wish to subscribe for and the number of Embers they…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. https://www.wowapp.com/w/dickersonramos94

an app designed to generate income as your network grows generates income through chat surveys tasks totally free without any down payment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Monetizing Channel

Good morning, I started streaming months before changing sparks, I wonder if now channels that do not have a partner can monetize the channel, and if so how can it work? I still seek partnership in the future, have a great day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it possible to buy sub codes to give to streamers to give away

I think it would be cool if you could buy subs to give to your favourite streamers to give away. Like gifting a sub but it sends a code to the streamer that they can use to run a giveaway. It would make it less clunky than running a giveaway and then someone gifting the sub to the winner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Idea for the sparks to continue having value

I know that Sparks will be eliminated as a monetary value soon, but with this measure you will lower your viewers a lot, because many streamers would prefer not to stream much on their platform ... they will put less effort, seeing that it doesn't matter how many hours they do They will win for the embers that are acquired for money.
    The idea for the sparks to continue having value when multiplying the embers is good but it will not solve the general problem set out above, in addition mixer is becoming a twich with less charisma.
    One idea…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 10 Average Viewer Minimum for the coming Affiliate Program

I would like to propose some metrics for the mixer affiliate program that will eventually be coming out.

Twitch's program requires 50 followers, 3 average ccv, and 25 hours streamed in the last thirty days.

1.) The first issues with this is only 50 followers. The mixer community is very welcoming and supports one another via shutouts that lead to everyone following each other and not being of much substance. I personally think this should increase to 500 followers that is likely more indicative of a streamers dedication as a broadcaster.

2 .) 3 Concurrent viewer can be accomplished by…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base