Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mixer app discontinued

Discontinuing the Xbox app is absolutely the worst idea you guys had. You took 3 big steps forward by signing Ninja, Shroud and Gothalion but then took at least 20! steps back by ending the xbox app and replacing it with something atrocious.

The quality of the stream is horrendous. There is no way to change it. It makes the streamer look like (s)he is streaming from a potato. Its very unclear on how to sub. Chat is pushed over the actual content. Its possible to disable it but its very unclear. Its also unclear how to send a message.…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do not get rid of the Xbox mixer app

The new mixer integrated app on xbox is something that nobody wants. especially as a mod I have seen various people complain that the integrated is very hard to watch and that they cant be interactive in chat because chat can barely be seen. we need to keep the option to use the app or the integration if the integration is going to stay. as a mod I use the xbox app to help me see chat better and not have to switch pc audio over each time I need to mod in the mornings and game in the afternoon.…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mixer App Going Away

Recently I started getting a message when i started up the Mixer XBox app that it was going away and being replaced by a horrible new Mixer integrated into the XBox dashboard. I have tried this new way to use Mixer on XBox and it is horrible. As my prime way of using Mixer to stream, and watch streams, this is a huge step back. I can't even view my own channel. I'm aware Mixer probably doesn't care about small streamers like myself that do everything off their console, but I had to give my feedback on the change nonetheless.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Continue Xbox App

Please keep the Xbox app active. It works so much better than the Mixer tab. I also don't know why I can no longer gift subscriptions on the xbox app. I loved being able to gift subscriptions to help support my favorite streamers.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New Mixer dashboard experience lacking on Xbox

This is regarding the new Mixer experience built directly into the Xbox dashboard.

There are a lot of functionality buttons missing. The chat pops up one or two bubbles a time and disappears making it hard to keep track of a convo. FTL is just not a thing on it. Co-streams only show one person streaming.

This might be easier to swallow if the app on the console wasn't being sunsetted, but unfortunately that is not the case.

It's touted it as 20x faster. It only really loads up faster without FTL and missing many key features that differentiate Mixer…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please Rethink the UX Design fo

Please Rethink the UX Design for the Xbox App. Overlaying chat ontop of a creators content is never the correct answer. You obscure what the creator wants to show their audience. I'm not sure why someone decided the worst part of Facebook Live Video was the answer to the new UX for the Xbox App but they were incorrect.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve Mixer App/Do not force dashboard use

I am very displeased with the upcoming changes involving the removal of the Xbox Mixer app. I was unable to find the streamer I was looking for the other day without typing out their entire username, which I find to be a complete waste. Today I noticed there is a following button, but this still only appeared to show who was live.

Moving beyond that initial bit, today I also found I was unable to subscribe to someone within the app... This nearly contributed to me not subbing to a streamer. Obviously the button could still be active if it…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mixer app on xbox

So I live using the mixer app on the xbox, the mixer dashboard I don't like. It has a long chat delay, i can't host, i can't go back and set chat if i missed something.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mixer xbox dashboard Add full list games

I have been looking trought the top and all game lists on the dashboard tab and I dont like the fact that it only goes so far down the list that not everything is shown last game I saw had 17 viewers! When I stream a game sometimes I stream games that no one else does and I have around 2 viewers as minimum at the beginning but how can I gain more if people cannot find me in the game list? So can you guys make sure that the list there has all the games in it like your…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Xbox App vs Xbox dashboard functionality

on Xbox App i get a notification when starting up that says "This Mixer app is going away soon" so i use this app because it has more option to monitor my profile or stats. this app allows you to see what level you are, how many sparks or embers you have, better chat interface with ability to go full screen without chat.. also allowing you to see previous chat that happened before joining a channel.. the XBOX version built into the system HAS NONE OF THIS FUNCTIONALITY!!!! WHY would you get rid of the app when the Xbox is…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DO NOT REMOVE XBOX APP

The current way of viewing Mixer is the way it should remain. Please do not, I repeat DO NOT remove the Mixer app! I respect trying to integrate it into the dashboard however it is way too clunky.

Everything i have ever praised about Mixer, all of the reasons that make it better than the rest, gets stripped away without the app. It is slow loading, opposite of smooth. It feels like pulling teeth trying to use the new hub for mixer. I understand it is new and in time im sure it will improve. However i feel like this…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keeping old mixer app for Xbox

New user interface is clean and gives viewers more of the streaming screen for viewing pleasure, however the new version makes it more difficult to host (as 3 dots are now missing), purchase games from streamer (as banner is no longer available anywhere on screen), access to see a pink reminder of when subs are expected to expire. All these things made the older version (which is subject to disappear soon) great and user friendly. The new version looks clean but for many viewers who do watch from console it could be frustrating to navigate if they do not have…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Xbox mixer app removal a bad idea!

As an avid mixer viewer I find I have to air my opinion, removal of this app could be one of the worse moves ever. not going to go through the pros and cons because I think the other comments below cover these fully but sacrificing the app just to promote the dashboard version is an horrendous idea, the amount of functions that will go missing that the everyday person uses will force people away from the xbox on to pc which can never be a good idea. just my personal opinion but as all the other posts suggest I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New Mixer experience on Xbox - Dashboard vs Mixer App

When opening the Mixer App over the past couple of weeks I’ve been getting a message saying the experience will be changing and the App discontinued. The gave the new experience a go and there are multiple issues with missing functionality, some minor UI mistakes, differing UX journey’s compared to similar functions located on the Xbox dashboard and an overall poor User Experience that doesn’t feel ready to replace the Mixer App.
    Doing some comparisons between the Xbox App and the Mixer tab on the Xbox dashboard, the following highlights missing functionality or minor differences on the Xbox dashboard

Missing…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dashboard app on xbox

I find this app very confusing. There is no host button. I do not like how the channel is full screen and chat disappears. If chat is active it rolls over content or streamers face. Please do not get rid of mixer app for Xbox. App also freezes lags and the only option to refresh is through restarting Xbox.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Xbox app

Hello mixer team, i just wanted to give constructive feedback on your new mixer system for the Xbox one. Please don't take anything i say as being rude because I'm not trying to be at all. For starters , it makes it near impossible for a chat mod to do their job on Xbox, as chat disappears and we can't see what people say if we aren't constantly watching chat 24/7 , which yes we should pay attention to chat, but some times we do get distracted or get focused on the stream. Secondly, your new seems makes it literally…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it harder to unfollow

Please Please Please remove the follow button from where it is. Its so easy to nearly unfollow people you've followed for ages. The same goes for the ios app. Please make follow and unfollow two separate buttons or at least unfollow in the menus. People can accidentally unfollow too easily ruining their stats

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Emotes

Show sub icons and sub emotes on the Xbox Mixer app. Right now you can’t see who are subs and sub emotes are only displayed as their labeling. For example ———> :hype

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lightstream

That lightstream should go public but first start like how the embers4all beta work then when it right it should go public

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Return the ability to gift sub on xbox one platform not on currently but used to be.

Bring back the ability to gift sub on xbox one why was it on xbox one to only take it away. And also keep the app on xbox don't care about the new version

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base