Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More user color customization

I had an idea for customization in regards to users being able to choose custom colors for their name. This would be a global change, not only visible on your end. People complain that chat badges would be too cluttered, so here's my idea.

Put a border color around the user's profile picture that indicates whether they're pro, normal, moderator, etc. This will allow all users to change their name color to be different in chat. The same colors tend to blend together in chat, making it hard to keep up with chat, etc.

So here's my simple solution.. this…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat auto scrolling stops after a few seconds

Chat stops auto scrolling after a few seconds (tested on Firefox 70.0, Windows 10), scroll bar stays at the top instead of bottom.
    Disabling smooth scrolling doesn't help.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BTTV/FFZ support, better whispering system and slow chat timers.

I've been checking out Mixer a bit after watching Ninja's stream. One of the first things I noticed is how the whispering system and the emote situation could be improved. For whispering, it's basically impossible in popular channels (like Ninja's for example) you'll miss your whisper. Twitchs implementation of whispers is awesome, something like that would be very nice to see.

As for emotes, in my opinion Mixer's emotes are really boring and the lack of Better Twitch TV / Franker Face Z emotes is a massive blow. BTTV/FFZ emotes are a massive part of Twitch Chat (I know this…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Emotes

They’re already further behind on emotes than they should be. Before they get someone like Ninja over, they should have had many more emotes available, make them easy to type (not have a colon in front) and already reach out to FFZ and BTTV to integrate all their third party emotes into Mixer so that when people come over for the first time, it is instantly familiar. It would go a long way, and the fact that they didn’t add more of their own emotes and make it similar to Twitch when it’s so simple makes me question how likely…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CHAT ONLY SPARKS

Hello, I just want to make a simple suggestion.

The idea of sparks seems to me very good but it saturates the chat a lot and makes everything go with a lot of lag. I do not suggest that you remove it but it would be good if you put a separate chat like the double chat of when the channel you are watching hosts someone. I do not know if I explain it but the idea is to be that, to do as a chat for sparks or some way that does not cause the direct to work badly.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mod chat tab

Create a Mod/Streamer chat tab so Mods can discuss things in privacy without having to whisper. This tab could also report who gets banned and timed out.

I imagine that this could be shown similar to how you show the hosted stream tab/chat. I have attached a quick mock-up of the tab idea.

I think this could have a huge impact in helping Mods stay on top of things, and could help in tracking and reporting issues during the stream.

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move badges to the right side

Move all badges to the right side.
    Badges on the left side make the layout out or order :-)

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chat Rules Popup Before Chatting in a new stream

I think a serious problem with many games is people coming in and asking to play. Specifically for Fortnite, people asking for gifted skins. It takes time away from the streamer to address the situation or be spammed for not responding to them. Before someone is allowed to chat, they should be greeted with a popup that explains the rules of chat. OF course this popup would not appear for followers or subscribers. It will also warn viewers what may result in a timeout or ban. I personally hate banning or timing out someone for something that was not made…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Non-Pro Streamer Color Coding

Since Pro Streamers get a color designation, but not everyone who streams uses Pro, either because they dont need to or cant afford to, i think streamers who can adhere to at least the minimum stream hours required for partnership ( 24 hours, 12 seperate days/month) but not limit based on follower/viewer count. This way they can be differentiated from viewers in a special way, as well.Just a thought, a simple way to give them something special too!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Font

The new font on the website is awful. It is too small and kinda blurry, also hurts my eyes. I would like the old Font back ASAP. Does anyone else feel the same way?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to disable chat smooth scrolling

The smooth scrolling used for the chat when new messages appear becomes a bit nauseating for fast-moving chats, like this Ninja dude's, whoever that is.

Please add the option to get rid of the smooth scrolling to make it more like Twitch chat.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Favorite Emote Section in Chat, includes Mockup Image

Its a hassle to scroll through emotes every time to pick the emote we often use.
    It would be great if we can favorite specific emotes to bring them to the front of emote selection.

Included a mockup image

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BetterTTV & FrankerFaceZ emotes support

So many people will appreciate this!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make User Mentions not Require Case Sensitive Usernames

Remove the case-sensitive requirement when mentioning another user in chat. @UserA and @usera should both mention the same user.

Case-sensitivity makes mentioning more challenging in a fast moving chat room.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need Twitch emotes

Mixer emotes are lacking compared to Twitch and BetterTwitchTv emotes. It is extremely rare to see people use them on Mixer but on Twitch they are used all the time. Is it not possible to implement the most popular emotes from Twitch and bttv on Mixer? "Kappa" "PogChamp" "PepeLaugh" for examples. Bring them all over and add some new ones too and the chats will be better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. FAN PROGRESSION

Due to the new integration of the Fan Progression system the channel chat will be abused by those who want to take advantage of the experience by message, generating spam and flood, to avoid this and to maintain a comfortable atmosphere in the chat rooms I suggest that they add an option to disable the experience by message.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow viewers to earn hearts for sharing streams on facebook and twitter

allow viewers to earn hearts ( or points ) for sharing streams,clips on facebook and twitter for ranking up in channel progressions (chat) .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Chat Colour and Visibility

New to Mixer, the UI of the site is really nice, much better compared to Twitch, however, one area that I thought that you could work on is the chat.
    The main issue for me is the chat colours you have set in place for specific roles (streamer, mod, regular) and owners for some reason. Like, there's no reason to have colours for owners, you could just use an icon instead. The issue with this is that the chat becomes a bit difficult to read or at least annoying for me and a couple of friends I asked as well. …

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. emoticon addition

Hey, I would like to see an emoticon with just a slight smile, might sound bad but I'm not super exited or happy all the time, sometimes I'm just slightly happy. I would love to see an emoticon for this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change Whisper Color in Chat

I know there's a chat settings option to change various chat colors, but there doesn't appear to be an option to change the whisper color.
    It's very difficult to read the whisper color sometimes because it's blue text on a darker blue background. It would be great if we could change the whisper color to a color of our choosing much like other options in chat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base