Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Accidental ban/timeout/unfollow

Touch screens on phones can be too sensitive at times. I have accidentally banned/Timed out/almost unfollowed by fumbling my device. I shouldn't have to worry about banning anyone with my clumsiness. This could potentially affect a streamers income if ban(s) goes unnoticed. My idea for eliminating this issue is when Ban/Time out/unfollowing happens it should ask you to verify a 3-digit number shown before executing.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Background stream audio when you exit the app

Dear mixer

For iOS and Android mixer does not have backgrounding ability. backgrounding is when you leave the app the audio still plays in the background just like on TWITCH and also when using the music app. Currently when youre watching a stream and you press home, the audio stops. This should not happen and instead the audio should keep playing in the background. Please implement this change.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Continuing to watch a stream while leaving the app.

So I recently started watching Mixer due to Ninja switching over from Twitch. I watch on my iPad and I noticed you can’t leave the app while still watching the stream like you’re able to on Twitch.. this would be the only reason I would choose to watch someone on twitch rather than watching Ninja or someone else on Mixer. Hoping you can change it to where if I click my home button while the stream is open then it will still play in a small box at the corner of my screen like on Twitch so I can work…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Background Audio for iOS App

Every time you switch away from the app to text or check Twitter or do anything else on your iPhone, the stream audio stops and does not play in the background. It’s super annoying.

I understand the implications with earning Sparks and all that, but I can’t imagine it’d be that difficult to say you don’t earn sparks with background audio active.

Thanks!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mobile Application Subscribing

As a primarily mobile application user I’d love to be able to subscribe to a channel through application.

I used to be able to open safari and Subscribe that way however I’m now receiving error messages and have found out that partners personal links on profiles are not a supported option and therefore may become a bit broke with no means of fixing this.

I don’t have access to a computer (the same as many Mixer users) and therefore struggle to sub to the channels I want easily!

Please think about implementing a sub option through the app!

Thanks, Puppets!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow moblie to have Broadcast dashboard

allow the option for this because many people do not have a computer to their disposal

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Subscribing to streamers through the Mixer app

People are lazy. I’m no exception. If i have to log onto my computer to subscribe then most likely i’ll only do it if i remember while on my computer.

I watch on TV using Google Chromecast via my phone. You need to have an option to subscribe to streamers using the app (you already allow donations by clicking a button) or via a mobile browser.

I don’t watch streams from my computer so it is inconvenient for me.

I imagine other people are lazy so unless you make it easy to subscribe it will amount to lost revenue for…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chromecast optimization

I've recently watched more on your website because of your acquisitions, which is nice. I watch alot over chromecast tho. And any stream i try to watch i get constent stutters. It's unwatchable with basicly every stream.

Twitch had the same issue, The resolving issue was that your allowed to set the quality from Automatic to 1080p. Because the chromecast can't really "comprehend" deciding between different video qualities, which would just result in endless lag. In your app, the ability to decide video quality is removed when you cast from a mobile device.

I would really hope you can resolve…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. IOS APP NEEDS BACKGROUND AUDIO FEATURE

IOS APP NEEDS BACKGROUND AUDIO FEATURE

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. audio only backgrounding

I’ve added this to this forum multiple times over the past 2 years but I think it’s important to try again since mixer is picking up large casters these days.

Mobile App NEEDS audio only backgrounding. A huge selection of viewers on these platforms “work and lurk.”

For those who don’t know, currently we have an option for audio only but the second you lock your phone screen to save battery, it cuts off the App. This just seems like such an easy thing to adjust however I’m not a program designer so maybe not, but it needs to happen.…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Android tv mixer app

Can we get a mixer app for android tv. I need a mixer app for my shield tv

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. android tv app

You need to make an Android TV app ASAP :-)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "pop out player" "picture in picture"

As you know some if not most apps contain a feature that can let you continue to watch current video even after you exit the app momentarily to check email,twitter a text message. a pop out player as some call it. i would love to keep watching a stream even after i exit the mobile app for a quick second or minute.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Streams Continue to Play in the Background on Mobile Devices

I know there have been posts about this in the past, one of which was marked as "Planned" in 2018, but I would like to see the addition of a backgrounding option for iOS and Android devices. It is almost inevitable that while watching streams on mobile devices, one receives texts, emails, etc. When replying to the majority of those alerts, one usually has to back out of the app thus pausing the stream and audio. I would like to see an option to toggle the ability to continue to run stream audio in the background of a device, even…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support for mediatek chipsets

Currently I know of everything from the helio p23 to p70 is not supported for ftl despite being very capable chips. Yet old ancient snapdragon socs get support like the old snapdragon 210 which is much weaker than any mediatek chipset in that range.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mixer mobile app

Mobile app needs to be given to real mobile app creators/developers to make it fully working, stop crashing, laging, and after 2 min watching make it still be usable! Yes, after 2 min app gets so slow, that you can not do anything. Takes another 2 min to close it down!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Picture in Picture Mode for Android

Picture in picture mode allows you to use your phone while watching a stream (instead of just stopping the stream). Mobile viewers are a big share of other streaming services and PIP is an important aspect to the mobile experience on any other service. It would be a super super simple and easy thing for your devs to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. VODs and Streams fit screen

One thing I'd love to see it a zoom or drop to fit screen feature for streams and vods I want to be able to fully expand on my screen so I dont have black lines on each side. Also a pop out feature so I can still scroll through my phone and still watch the gameplay like yt and twitch

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. iPadOS app chat orientation issue

This is a bug/feature request. I use a magic keyboard with my iPad so have in a near-permanent horizontal orientation and usually on 2/3rds of the screen, which only displays the video in the app and never the chat window. Have option/default to showing chat area as well as video in this orientation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)