Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Continuing to watch a stream while leaving the app.

So I recently started watching Mixer due to Ninja switching over from Twitch. I watch on my iPad and I noticed you can’t leave the app while still watching the stream like you’re able to on Twitch.. this would be the only reason I would choose to watch someone on twitch rather than watching Ninja or someone else on Mixer. Hoping you can change it to where if I click my home button while the stream is open then it will still play in a small box at the corner of my screen like on Twitch so I can work…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Background Audio for iOS App

Every time you switch away from the app to text or check Twitter or do anything else on your iPhone, the stream audio stops and does not play in the background. It’s super annoying.

I understand the implications with earning Sparks and all that, but I can’t imagine it’d be that difficult to say you don’t earn sparks with background audio active.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Listening to stream while phone is locked

I don’t know if it works with android but I know it doesn’t with iPhone. I would love for audio only mode to continue to play while phone is locked so I can listen like a podcast.

Thanks for listening,
    sassyninja

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Picture in Picture for iPad pls.

Just like with any other video/streaming app I can do whatever I want without the need of an opened window on my iPad, but with mixer I can’t do it while watching Ninja :-(

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mobile app changes

I do not like where the mixplay button was moved to. If anything I would have liked the mixplay button to have stayed where it was and the leaderboards be placed where mixplay is at currently. In my eyes more people use mixplay than look at the leaderboards and it is a hassle to open up mixplay with where the button is rn right now.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add background playback option

It’s nice to be able to listen to streams as you multitask on your phone

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Favoriting channels so they show at the top of your “Live” list

I follow a lot of channels, so I would love the option to favorite a few (maybe up to 10?) so when they’re live, they show at the top of my Live list of channels I follow. (Currently the list in in descending order from most viewers to least viewers).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Picture in Picture for Mobile

We need a picture in person mode for Mixer mobile App so we watch streams and do other stuff at the same time. YouTube has it and Twich has it so why doesn't Mixer it seems like something that would have been added day 1

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Screen off, audio only for app

Would be great to have the screen off on mobile and only have audio. Youtube and twitch apps have it. Makes it easier to listen while working.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Smart Home Casting

So, While being away from streaming myself for a few days I watched alot of mixer from my mobile device but this can become a hassle. I would turn my device horizontally to get a bigger picture but then had to turn it back vertically to chat. To make the experience better I would suggest that with technology moving into a wireless age, it would be nice to be able to cast the stream I am watching to a smart TV, or a device like chrome cast. For those who have smart TV's how quickly did you stop paying for…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mobile App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bajar la calidad de los directos resubidos

Por favor bajar un poco más la calidad de los directos resubido o que uno pueda cambiarla a su gusto ya que muchos de nosotros no tienen una señal de wifi muy buena y cuando quiero ver la se para mucho porque está en máxima calidad yo prefiero ver la en mal calidad pero ver la sin que se me frice mucho y gracias por su servicio y si pueden darme una respuesta se lo agradecería mucho.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How to fix iPhone not charging when plugin?

When you plug your iPhone to power panel, but it’s not charging. Then a first and most common question that comes to our mind is why won’t the iPhone charge? Is the iPhone broken? So don’t freak out there may be some really common reasons for iPhone not charging, and most of the time it has nothing to do with the iPhone internal hardware.
    So these can be the possible reasons for iPhone not charging in spite of connecting to the charging cable.
    1. The first possibility can be any obstruction, dirt or any damage in charging port.
    The basic…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Follow Button Mobile

I thought it would be interesting if the follow / unfollow button was in another position in mobile app.
    Many users accidentally unsubscribe in channels.

best regards.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mobile app desktop version

I think. You people should add the desktop version to the mobile app?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Background Play

Hello there! My suggestion is to add a feature just like Twitch does when you press the "home" button of your device while you're watching something on the mobile app. Put the option to minimize the stream creating a tiny preview of the show running in background meanwhile you use your smartphone or tablet.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Audio Playback outside of the app

I recently downloaded mixer coming from twitch. One feature I enjoyed is I can leave the twitch app and go to control center on my iPhone and play the audio from the stream outside the app via music playback in control center.

To me this was a key feature I used daily on twitch to listen to the audio when I wasn't able to watch the video. Some streams I watch they do just chatting for awhile and watching the video isn't needed. It save me battery life, and I can do other things while listening.

I hope this feature…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Read mobile chat on the phone sideways.

I think it would be cool to have a feature where if you turn your phone sideways (Horizontally) that you would be still be able to read chat/mod. (Similar to Youtube's live chat deal.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mobile Zoom

Hi Guys! I am new to Mixer (thanks Ninja) and have found the lack of zoom on the mobile App to be very frustrating. Gotta compare to twitch where zoom is available and super useful on the small screen to view the small letters and numbers on the screen such as gamers left in a BR. Or who your streamer is gaming with in certain formats. Please put this in your dev queue if it is not already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Full screen portrait mode on mobile app

Some games on mobile devices use portrait layout instead of landscape. For example, many of the match three games like Empires and Puzzles. When trying to watch one of these streams through the mobile app (at least on iOS) in full screen, the video is rotated to landscape (horizontal layout). There should be an option for full screen portrait mode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Live Notifications

I’ve noticed whenever I follow someone, my mobile app notifications (iOS, Mixer version 4.8.0 [1908.27195851]) automatically get turned back on. I believe this is a side effect from a more recent update, as I don’t recall it happening before the last week or two. Can this feature please be reverted so new follows do not automatically change my notification settings?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base