Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pay It Forward!

I would like to propose an idea. A Pay-It-Forward program for Sparks. I see many people in streams using Sparks for non-partnered streamers. This is appreciated, but does nothing for said streamer. I suggest that those donated Spark go into said streamer's "bank". hey can then either pass them on to another aspiring partner, or send them on to their favorite Partner. This can allow us to #SupportSmallStreamers AND support our favorite Partner. EVERYONE wins! LET's MAKE THIS A THING!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Featured upon full crystal

I think it'd be a pretty cool idea if all streamers got a crystal, but only partners got the $$ tiers. For non-partners, filling up the crystal would instead make them eligible to get featured somehow. Whether that feature is the actual featured, or up and coming, or channel one, or channel two. This would help give sparks a point to non-partners and also give them an avenue to help them grow into partners.

You could also potentially add functionality to allow a partner to turn down the money on a tier in favor of the featured spot as well…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sparks for charity

I know sparks generate extra revenue for partnered streamers, but what if we could team up with tiltify, and use sparks for charity?
    That way, even non partnered streamers can recieve sparks, and they go directly to a charity of their choice (ie St.Jude or Extra Life)
    Of course, there has to be a colaboration between mixer and tiltify for that to happen.

Basicly, a spark sesion lasts 1 week right? at the end of that week, have an option for partnered streamers to set up a tiltify for their spark bank.
    And have non partnered streamers the option to…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. costream not earning sparks

When I x out of a window in a co-stream i stop earning sparks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sparks Idea (Will benefit everyone)

At the moment Sparks are set to a weekly progress to gain x amount of sparks, and i see big streamers at 40m literally begging their viewers to get them to the next milestone. I think that is embarrassing for them to do this and should not be allowed,

I see more support for the bigger channels and not enough for the smaller partners and i think this should be changed, Maybe change the weekly cycle to a monthly cycle or give viewers a maximum amount of caps they are allowed to spend on a specific channel.

This will benefit…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Channel One should give same spark cost as subbed streamers.

I love the increase in sparks earned with Season two but my one complaint is I am forced to leave channel one open in the background when I am watching someone I am subbed to. I get having increased sparks on channel one to help with discover ability but I feel like if I was a streamer I would rather have active viewers than people who have the tab open in the background just for the spark bonus. maybe you could lower the spark cost for channel one to match subs but then have it so if you are active…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Re: sparks

I only watch 1 partnered streamer, most of my time is spent on 2 streamers that are not partners, that I absolutely love. I would like to spend MY sparks in their channels and them benefit, so why not all streamers have a spark bar and when that is full for non partners, then maybe they can get a month of free mixerpro. That's what I would love to see happen. Plus mixer would see the streamers that are really popular even if they are not partners. It shouldn't only be all about the partners even the "little guys/gals" should…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Featured sparks channel

With the introduction of season 2, and most recently the spark earning change. You get a few extra sparks per minute for sitting in the Channel One stream.

What if we had a 'featured' channel, both partners and non-partners, where people can earn extra sparks in. For example; there will be one channel chosen for a set time (a day, a week, maybe it switches every few hours) where people can earn extra sparks for watching that channel. I think this would be a good way for Mixer to promote their smaller streamers. Ideally, the featured channel would be a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Reimburse the lost value of sparks

By changing the rate in which users earn sparks, it essentially decreased the value of sparks that users had before this change took effect. I think that users should receive some sort of compensation (e.g., 25x the sparks they had before the change) so that the sparks they earned back then is of equal value to sparks now. I feel that this is even more necessary as non-partners were not aware that this would happen - I'm sure that if they knew their hard-earned sparks would soon be worth far less, they would have spent all of their sparks to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sparks should help everyone

Sparks should help small streamers too because with that gives some incentive to small streamers continue to stream and at same time makes viewers to go to small streams and if they like the streamer they can help them with sparks. The way it is for now viewers only go to partner streamers because there is worth to give sparks and thats not good thing for Mixer and for the reputation of site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable Offline Spark Donating During Hosting

It would be cool to be able to donate to a stream while they are offline while they are hosting a channel.

Currently the original channel's spark crystal disappears and only the hosted channel's spark crystal is visible.

Live donating can cause anxiety for some <3
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Double the Sparks in non partner streams

So to encourage growth amongst mixer and non partnered streamers, what if the viewer got double the sparks while watching a non partnered stream. That way small channels get to chat, build confidence, get bigger viewership overall an increase their presence. Now with more sparks we can all support our favorite partners.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sparks and Charity streams

What if when a partner does a charity stream they could allow people to use sparks as a way to donate to the charity? The partner could have a way to set it to a charity for a time period and all the sparks contributed go to the charity they are supporting.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Skills for partners and non-partners; Receiving sparks from Skills

i was thinking about the New season Two and how Sparks benifit partners. I had a thought: the sparks used in partners streams to benifit the streamer, and skills wasted on non-partners: why not give those streamers HALF the sparks back (E.G. a skill used that costs 500 Sparks on the streamer, partnered or not, that streamer gets 250 back. i have an idea for embers, But I need more info on how that is going to work. But who knows. This Season two thing might be for everyone, and the partners are testing them out. I just hope we…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow sparks to stack for Pro and Sub memberships

There are a few ideas and grips in the feedback since the new season about what to do with sparks. Some of the ideas are similar to what I would like to see happen, but I think the feedback items have multiple ideas and I want to keep it simple.

If a viewer has both Pro and Subs to a channel then allow spark earnings to double. Currently, the following happens.

* Viewer earns 2 sparks / minute (yawn) when watching any channel

* Pro earns 2x a normal viewer (4 spaks / minute) when watching any channel - not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spark usage for non-partnered streams to add border to those streams in listings.

As a way to keep the spark economy flowing, and allow viewer participation beyond just partnered streamers. I’ve come up with an idea regarding spark usage in those non-partnered streams.

You would be able to use the sparks on skills (Specifically Skills) in a channel which would help to hype a streamer up. This hype would be measured in a crystal much like the ones the partners currently have reflecting their patronage. Once filled this crystal would also set off another change, A simple border around a ‘hyped’ streamers listing. While remaining the in the same slot based on viewers…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 200K Spark rally needs improvement

The 200,000 spark rally is unresponsive most of the time it's launched. Either it doesn't register for everyone when each hand is clicked or doesn't respond to anyone clicking the hands at all. The image included shows that 2 hits were registered by me, but only 1 registered with the mini-game.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sparks for Pro members

Sparks patronage is a really neat idea! But unfortunately it is only for partnered streamers.

My idea would be for Pro members to be able to get a cash payout from the new sparks system aswell. Alot of non partnered streamers have no use for sparks to be used in their chats and streams,Therefore they tell their viewer's not to spend the sparks there!
    It would be nice for smaller non partnered streamers to make money other than just through donoations!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sparks & Non-Partners / Raid & Host idea!

In light of the new Mixer season 2 ive noticed non-partners feeling out of the loop with benefits of sparks being used in their channel. Ive got a great idea to alleviate that issue and also a cool raid/host idea!

Most non-partners warn their viewers telling them not to use their sparks in their channel as it is of no benefit to anyone and they simply disappear once they are used. That being said, to bring the value of getting sparks used in non-partners channels instead if evaporating into the abyss they should be deposited into the streamers own spark…

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mixer sparks to purchase subs to partnered streamers

Well my idea is why not also use sparks to buy subs to streamer partners since alot none partnered streamers have alot like myself i have over 380k

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base