Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skills and season 2 for non partnered streams

So with Season 2 now revealed and the new usage of sparks which only benefit partners, I was thinking about a system for non partnered streamers.

Basically people would use the skills as normal, but instead of a cash payout, non partnered streamers would get a % of the sparks spend from users into their own sparks account.

The reason behind the % instead of the full amount of sparks is because sparks now has a real life $ value.

As I've seen many point out, having sparks set on your Mixplay board or for people in general to use…

284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using Sparks on official channels for charity.

So many people donate sparks to the official Xbox channels and they go to waste so I was wondering if instead they could go to charity.
    Pick a charity like Extra Life and have all sparks from all official Xbox channels go to them instead of going to waste.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sparks & Non-Partners / Raid & Host idea!

In light of the new Mixer season 2 ive noticed non-partners feeling out of the loop with benefits of sparks being used in their channel. Ive got a great idea to alleviate that issue and also a cool raid/host idea!

Most non-partners warn their viewers telling them not to use their sparks in their channel as it is of no benefit to anyone and they simply disappear once they are used. That being said, to bring the value of getting sparks used in non-partners channels instead if evaporating into the abyss they should be deposited into the streamers own spark…

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Retroactive Payout for Sparks for New Partners

The new Season 2 update allows for Mixer partners to be payed out for sparks spent on Skills and MixPlay on their channels, essentially turning sparks into a real money currency.

As a non partnered streamer on Mixer who focuses heavily on my MixPlay board, I now feel guilty about having my buttons cost sparks since it will essentially be like throwing money away.

There should be a feature where starting from the launch of Season 2, any sparks spent on non partnered streams are "banked" and if/when the streamer gets partnered, they would receive a payout based on how…

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat Shortcuts for Skills

Can we get get some chat shortcuts to use Skills? That way we can use our favorite stickers, effects and/or rallies without having to re-open the Skills tab every time. It could be something like :fireworkshow to put a Firework Show effect in chat. OR, you could number all of the Skills and make the chat shortcut something like :skill001, :skill002, and so on.
    This would make it easier and more fun to use Skills in chat.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Blacklisting Specific Users on Spark & Embers Leaderboards

Hi, I'm shamuel, a partnered streamer here on Mixer.

I'd simply like the ability to blacklist specific streamer-defined users on the spark and embers leaderboards.

Two reasons:
    1. To hide troll-y usernames from appearing on the leaderboards. I've had some less than savory usernames come into my chat. I don't think examples are necessary...
    2. To hide users who request anonymity in their patronage. I have had folks request anonymity in the past in my self-made MixItUp leaderboards, and I could see it being useful as well for folks who run giveaways based on leaderboards, with certain users who wish…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better use of sparks

Hey guys

I love the whole concept of sparks earning as we watch and being able to use them to interact with streams, but it would be great to be able to utilise them on more things.

Maybe have the ability to convert sparks into things such as a 3 month mixer pro code, free sub of channel or like a 5% code off an order from the mixer store would be a great idea to reward those of us who spend hundreds of hours watching streams over Mixer.

many of us have 500,000+ sparks and apart from hitting an…

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Spark shareing for non partners

Greetings all. So there has been a lot of talk about sparks and Non partnered streamers as of late and I wanted to weigh in on this. I am a non partnered streamer and still very much in the growth stage, and I will be honest that I was swept up in the heat that people were giving to this new skills release on mixer and a lot of non partners were up in arms about not being part of the monetary compensation for sparks usage. However once I really took a look at it and spoke with a few…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Season 2 - sparks and skills discourage engagement for non partners

Season 2 - sparks and skills discourage engagement for non partners.

If a viewer comes in and uses sparks for skills or interactive board for any non-partnered streamers they are now throwing away free currency they could spend on a partner channel.

Sure I want viewers to interact with my stream and other non partners but why waste it on me when someone else could benefit? It's almost like burning money.

What if non partners could use donated sparks on their to other channels (partner or not) so that original spark is not set a blaze and wasted.

Maybe have…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SPARKS should be used for loyalty rather than supporting Partners

I think it is VERY dissapointing for the new "Season 2" sparks to be used to add yet ANOTHER advantage to the partners. I LOVE my partnered streamers, and the ones that I sub too. However, all of these "improvements" seem to be geared toward them, and not the community. Game Purchases, Subscriptions, etc.. Mixer seems to be focusing on "sponsored" and "partnered" content, as opposed to the community as a whole (viewers, streamers, partners). I wish the sparks would have been used to benefit the loyal fans\viewers, and "small streamers" where we could use them in a "Sparks Store"…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Non partner user spark transfer

It would be amazing if you made it so that users who aren't partners' sparks were transferable to that user when spending sparks on their channel. That way we could collect the sparks our friends spend on our channel and use them to donate to our favorite partners.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sparks and Charity streams

What if when a partner does a charity stream they could allow people to use sparks as a way to donate to the charity? The partner could have a way to set it to a charity for a time period and all the sparks contributed go to the charity they are supporting.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Streamer to gift a free sub after Sparks threshold

The idea revolves around the streamer being able to give a free month's sub away per spark cycle once they have reached a high earned spark threshold, such as 5 million sparks, for example. The streamer could gift the sub using their own discretion(ie. directly to a user or via a giveaway) or use the Fan Progression system and give it to the highest ranked viewer who currently does not have an active sub.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Spark usage for non-partnered streams to add border to those streams in listings.

As a way to keep the spark economy flowing, and allow viewer participation beyond just partnered streamers. I’ve come up with an idea regarding spark usage in those non-partnered streams.

You would be able to use the sparks on skills (Specifically Skills) in a channel which would help to hype a streamer up. This hype would be measured in a crystal much like the ones the partners currently have reflecting their patronage. Once filled this crystal would also set off another change, A simple border around a ‘hyped’ streamers listing. While remaining the in the same slot based on viewers…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Re: sparks

I only watch 1 partnered streamer, most of my time is spent on 2 streamers that are not partners, that I absolutely love. I would like to spend MY sparks in their channels and them benefit, so why not all streamers have a spark bar and when that is full for non partners, then maybe they can get a month of free mixerpro. That's what I would love to see happen. Plus mixer would see the streamers that are really popular even if they are not partners. It shouldn't only be all about the partners even the "little guys/gals" should…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Channel One should give same spark cost as subbed streamers.

I love the increase in sparks earned with Season two but my one complaint is I am forced to leave channel one open in the background when I am watching someone I am subbed to. I get having increased sparks on channel one to help with discover ability but I feel like if I was a streamer I would rather have active viewers than people who have the tab open in the background just for the spark bonus. maybe you could lower the spark cost for channel one to match subs but then have it so if you are active…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. sparks

i think you guys should get rid of sparks animations people just spam them animations takes up chat and makes it lags a lot please fix this asap i makes the stream unwatchable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give Sparks to Other Chat Members for Good Content

I think being able to donate sparks to a member of chat when they tell a good joke or provide a good answer to a question or have the perfectly timed emote would be a great way to encourage a more active chat and a better community.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sparks used in

After watching the Halo channel it came to my mind that people were using sparks to express themselves but what happens to the value of these sparks? Other partnered Mixer streamers can use this for cash value. Would it be possible that these huge channels for certain games/developers pick a cycle 3-4 month cycles or yearly cycles and donate the total value of the sparks obtained throughout announcements, competitions etc. to charities of their choice? If organised by Mixer then it is gamers giving back to communities and doing good for the world!

What does everyone else think?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sparks for charity

I know sparks generate extra revenue for partnered streamers, but what if we could team up with tiltify, and use sparks for charity?
    That way, even non partnered streamers can recieve sparks, and they go directly to a charity of their choice (ie St.Jude or Extra Life)
    Of course, there has to be a colaboration between mixer and tiltify for that to happen.

Basicly, a spark sesion lasts 1 week right? at the end of that week, have an option for partnered streamers to set up a tiltify for their spark bank.
    And have non partnered streamers the option to…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base