Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skills and season 2 for non partnered streams

So with Season 2 now revealed and the new usage of sparks which only benefit partners, I was thinking about a system for non partnered streamers.

Basically people would use the skills as normal, but instead of a cash payout, non partnered streamers would get a % of the sparks spend from users into their own sparks account.

The reason behind the % instead of the full amount of sparks is because sparks now has a real life $ value.

As I've seen many point out, having sparks set on your Mixplay board or for people in general to use…

83 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Sparks & Non-Partners / Raid & Host idea!

In light of the new Mixer season 2 ive noticed non-partners feeling out of the loop with benefits of sparks being used in their channel. Ive got a great idea to alleviate that issue and also a cool raid/host idea!

Most non-partners warn their viewers telling them not to use their sparks in their channel as it is of no benefit to anyone and they simply disappear once they are used. That being said, to bring the value of getting sparks used in non-partners channels instead if evaporating into the abyss they should be deposited into the streamers own spark…

69 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Retroactive Payout for Sparks for New Partners

The new Season 2 update allows for Mixer partners to be payed out for sparks spent on Skills and MixPlay on their channels, essentially turning sparks into a real money currency.

As a non partnered streamer on Mixer who focuses heavily on my MixPlay board, I now feel guilty about having my buttons cost sparks since it will essentially be like throwing money away.

There should be a feature where starting from the launch of Season 2, any sparks spent on non partnered streams are "banked" and if/when the streamer gets partnered, they would receive a payout based on how…

55 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Better use of sparks

Hey guys

I love the whole concept of sparks earning as we watch and being able to use them to interact with streams, but it would be great to be able to utilise them on more things.

Maybe have the ability to convert sparks into things such as a 3 month mixer pro code, free sub of channel or like a 5% code off an order from the mixer store would be a great idea to reward those of us who spend hundreds of hours watching streams over Mixer.

many of us have 500,000+ sparks and apart from hitting an…

114 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Sparks and Charity streams

What if when a partner does a charity stream they could allow people to use sparks as a way to donate to the charity? The partner could have a way to set it to a charity for a time period and all the sparks contributed go to the charity they are supporting.

16 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Re: sparks

I only watch 1 partnered streamer, most of my time is spent on 2 streamers that are not partners, that I absolutely love. I would like to spend MY sparks in their channels and them benefit, so why not all streamers have a spark bar and when that is full for non partners, then maybe they can get a month of free mixerpro. That's what I would love to see happen. Plus mixer would see the streamers that are really popular even if they are not partners. It shouldn't only be all about the partners even the "little guys/gals" should…

14 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Channel One should give same spark cost as subbed streamers.

I love the increase in sparks earned with Season two but my one complaint is I am forced to leave channel one open in the background when I am watching someone I am subbed to. I get having increased sparks on channel one to help with discover ability but I feel like if I was a streamer I would rather have active viewers than people who have the tab open in the background just for the spark bonus. maybe you could lower the spark cost for channel one to match subs but then have it so if you are active…

10 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Spark usage for non-partnered streams to add border to those streams in listings.

As a way to keep the spark economy flowing, and allow viewer participation beyond just partnered streamers. I’ve come up with an idea regarding spark usage in those non-partnered streams.

You would be able to use the sparks on skills (Specifically Skills) in a channel which would help to hype a streamer up. This hype would be measured in a crystal much like the ones the partners currently have reflecting their patronage. Once filled this crystal would also set off another change, A simple border around a ‘hyped’ streamers listing. While remaining the in the same slot based on viewers…

11 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • partner stickers

In addition to emotes for subs. Allow partners to create their own stickers. This way partners can have more detailed images for chat. I think this could possibly surpass the usage of emotes and could also lead to more patronage to the streamers as well.

4 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Sparks for charity

I know sparks generate extra revenue for partnered streamers, but what if we could team up with tiltify, and use sparks for charity?
                      That way, even non partnered streamers can recieve sparks, and they go directly to a charity of their choice (ie St.Jude or Extra Life)
                      Of course, there has to be a colaboration between mixer and tiltify for that to happen.

Basicly, a spark sesion lasts 1 week right? at the end of that week, have an option for partnered streamers to set up a tiltify for their spark bank.
                      And have non partnered streamers the option to…

5 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Pay It Forward!

I would like to propose an idea. A Pay-It-Forward program for Sparks. I see many people in streams using Sparks for non-partnered streamers. This is appreciated, but does nothing for said streamer. I suggest that those donated Spark go into said streamer's "bank". hey can then either pass them on to another aspiring partner, or send them on to their favorite Partner. This can allow us to #SupportSmallStreamers AND support our favorite Partner. EVERYONE wins! LET's MAKE THIS A THING!

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Levels and sparks

You should make it so you get mod sparks. I think by 0 to 25 it's normal rates. Then 26 to 50 you get 25% more sparks 51 to 75 you get 50% more sparks 76 to 100 you get 75% more the 100 to 200 you get 100% etc. I think it's a good Idea might need a little tweaking but ya

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sparks Idea (Will benefit everyone)

At the moment Sparks are set to a weekly progress to gain x amount of sparks, and i see big streamers at 40m literally begging their viewers to get them to the next milestone. I think that is embarrassing for them to do this and should not be allowed,

I see more support for the bigger channels and not enough for the smaller partners and i think this should be changed, Maybe change the weekly cycle to a monthly cycle or give viewers a maximum amount of caps they are allowed to spend on a specific channel.

This will benefit…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sparks Patronage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Sparks of the streamer you follow

When I go to a streamer's page that I follow, I can't see the amount of sparks they have if they are hosting someone. The sparks I see are that of the streamer being hosted. I would love to be able to see the sparks of the streamer that is hosting someone else.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Subscribe with Sparks

Various viewers may not be able to support partners financially other than sparks; perhaps it'd be possible to allow viewers to earn sparks to subscribe to their favorite partner(s) over time? For example, ~300,000 sparks to match up to ~$6 in the current Spark patronage rewards.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sparks to give your friends!

Screwdrvr

Dec 6, 12:00 PST

If sparks are site-wide currency why is it not possible to share sparks with your friends? If I have 10000 sparks and my friend has 300, why can't i share mine with him/her? will this option be enabled at a later date?

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Featured upon full crystal

I think it'd be a pretty cool idea if all streamers got a crystal, but only partners got the $$ tiers. For non-partners, filling up the crystal would instead make them eligible to get featured somehow. Whether that feature is the actual featured, or up and coming, or channel one, or channel two. This would help give sparks a point to non-partners and also give them an avenue to help them grow into partners.

You could also potentially add functionality to allow a partner to turn down the money on a tier in favor of the featured spot as well…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• costream not earning sparks

When I x out of a window in a co-stream i stop earning sparks.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Featured sparks channel

With the introduction of season 2, and most recently the spark earning change. You get a few extra sparks per minute for sitting in the Channel One stream.

What if we had a 'featured' channel, both partners and non-partners, where people can earn extra sparks in. For example; there will be one channel chosen for a set time (a day, a week, maybe it switches every few hours) where people can earn extra sparks for watching that channel. I think this would be a good way for Mixer to promote their smaller streamers. Ideally, the featured channel would be a…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Reimburse the lost value of sparks

By changing the rate in which users earn sparks, it essentially decreased the value of sparks that users had before this change took effect. I think that users should receive some sort of compensation (e.g., 25x the sparks they had before the change) so that the sparks they earned back then is of equal value to sparks now. I feel that this is even more necessary as non-partners were not aware that this would happen - I'm sure that if they knew their hard-earned sparks would soon be worth far less, they would have spent all of their sparks to…

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base