Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Subs for Non partners

I believe it is time for subs for non partners. Mixer mentioned this was coming 8 months ago but there has been no word since. Many of our longer term streamers are leaving following multiple ccv partner denials as they cannot properly monetize. Everyone starting with a sub button wouldn't be a good idea, we need something like an affiliateship with minimum streaming times and viewership. As a smaller platform I would suggest this is below the twitch minimums.

I believe with this change should come improvements to the sub system. Allowing changing sub badges has been proven to increase…

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Redeem Sparks for Microsoft Rewards

Mixer partner here. With the introduction of Microsoft Rewards now available for purchasing subscriptions on the Mixer platform, this is an incredible time for Mixer. Now, it's time to take engagement on Mixer to the next level.

Let's introduce Earning Microsoft Rewards by spending sparks on Mixer!

The way it would work:

1) Mixer users would sign in to Mixer using their qualified Microsoft Rewards account.
    2) Users will link their Mixer and Microsoft Rewards accounts together
    3) Users watch and engage with streams to earn sparks
    4) On the Mixer platform, users will have an option to redeem sparks…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ads

Hey, I'm not a partner but I do mod for a couple and I hang out in many others. I've heard a lot of talk of having to set up a bot command, remember to play an ad prior to stepping away, etc. I was wondering if you had any plans on implementing a system to where streamers can set up times to play ads. For instance if you stream from 8AM - 12PM You could set an ad to play at 8:30AM, 2 ads to play at 9:45 another ad at 11:30 so on and so forth. Just a…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mixer Affiliates

I really enjoy the Mixer Season 2. However I am a LITTLE bummed that nothing new was presented to smaller streamers to hype them up.

I honestly feel the sparks as a form of monetization for smaller streamers as well could potentially be the start of some sort of Mixer Affiliate program.

Yes, I can now use my sparks to support "my favorite content creators" but at least half of my favorites are not even partnered.

We love you Mixer, but don't forget about us little folk trying to work our magic on the platform.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. All streamers can earn money from sparks

Right now only partner streamers can earn actual money from people using sparks on their channel. This is not fair for people just starting out. Beginner streamers should have the ability to have smaller tiers to reach of sparks that people use on their channel so they can get small amounts of money.

I would feel so fulfilled if I earned even $1 for streaming for a month, but I can't until I get 2000 followers. Let me start off small with small amounts of monetary reward so I have motivation to work my way up and get paid more…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mixer ads not appearing in Edge Chromium

When I am watching Mixer via the Edge Chromium browser (Version 83.0.478.37), ads don't show when you click to begin viewing a stream. The ads display in Firefox and Google Chrome, however. I don't have a Pro subscription nor a subscription to any particular channel, and even when I turn ad blocking off in the Edge browser I still don't see the ads.

This might be something for Microsoft to look into, as their Edge Chromium browser is becoming more popular, and the streamers deserve to be supported via ads.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom embers amount with a twist. For leftover embers

Don't let user use custom ember amount because it breaks the ember system FINE.

But add an ember emote that use your remaining balance, like an ember trashcan.

So if a user have 10 ember left or 9 of 25, they can use the trashcan emote and empty their account.

1.Its funny
    2.its fair since you made it that you can't use certain number of ember without buying more (its smart but kinda shady if it was done on purpose)

Have a permanent custom message instead of the usual custom one. Something like: Its not much but that is all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cut the middleman and make your own tipping with chargeback protection and anonimity

Have a native tipping solution.
    Other site are undercutting you anyway so may as well take control

Offer the following:

Anonymity: Only display the username, no email no personal information and advertise it BIG on the tipping page.

Charge back protection: Have TOS that state that tips are non-refundable and protect the streamer. Since mixer is linked to the Microsoft account payment system it will make it very cumbersome to challenge a credit card payment.

Charge more than the competition but a fair rate like 5% to cover the charge back protection.

Allow custom message and custom amount.

Make sure…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Idea for Mixer Pro

Good night I'm a mixer partner and I have an idea for the Mixer Pro that if it is possible to be executed I'm sure it will be a competitor at the level of twitch prime. The current Mixer Pro has no attractive benefits, much less the price that is charged for the subscription. An idea that would make this leverage absurd would be to try to partner with Disney and implement Disney + (or netflix) in the package, in addition to 1 free sub per month and a game pass of the person's choice (excluding the ultimate gamepass) .…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Purchasable Backwards Compatibility Games

I'd like the Ability to purchase my Favourite Xbox Backwards Compatible games via my favourite partners.

Today we tried to list an Original Xbox Game which is backwards compatible but it didn't let the partner. As someone who plays mainly older games and Gamepass games this is an option I'd like to see added so I can further support My friends stream

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Streamer Gamification

Problem Statement for Streamer: Mixer's time to value (subs / sustainable revenue) is significantly longer than Twitch. The time between just starting on Mixer and being partnered can be MONTHS.

Problem Statement for Mixer: We are growing our new streamer userbase (with M&A Streamer deals/and outright marketing), but continue to churn streamers at a high % after "X" streams (or days/months/whatever metric you can pull from your regression model). Mixer will not be able to sustain growth if we can not sustain the streamer supply side of the marketplace.

User Profile: Every Mixer streamer that is below 2K followers and/or…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve payment & issue report systems

Currently, the Microsoft Partners portal is a not so nicely aged potato when it comes to managing payment information and issue tickets. When one does finally get a ticket created the pace at which a business issue for example is resolved is molasses.

Suggest a stand alone portal for Mixer with staff to promptly handle tickets & issues regarding payouts, subs, etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Purchase of Xbox Gear?

Please allow us to purchase xbox gear such as controllers and consoles. Not just games and add-ons. I would like a new console and would also like to help support my favorite streamer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mass/Random Gift Subs

Currently, the only way to gift a sub is by typing in an individual username. I propose a system that would allow a gift sub to be allocated randomly to someone in the viewer list and allow multiple subs to be gifted at the same time. I feel this would help all partners and Mixer by allowing more subs to be given throughout a partner's community and across Mixer as a whole.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Buy / renew subscriptions with Xbox gift cards

Until last month, it was possible to renew subscriptions to channels via Xbox gift cards, but now that option has been removed. They could release it again, since not all viewers have a credit card, and gift cards are a more affordable way to support streamers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Gift Subs to users above level X

Allow users who are gifting subscriptions to choose a level restriction.

Example: Gift 10 subscriptions to users above level 40.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More ways to support streamers.

Howdy! I’ve been watching streamers on mixer for quite sometime now and I’ve been seeing fan supporting them through donations, sparks, and subs. I think it’s time to bump it up a bit. Here are my ways to support streamers.

1) Xbox Avatar Merch. Let our Xbox avatar wear streamer swag and all the proceeds will go directly to that streamer.

2) Mixer Pro as a monthly subscription to support streamers.

3) Advertisement. If we don’t have money to support the streamer, we can do so by watching ads on their channel.

4) Xbox’s Support A Creator code by using…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the ability to sub with money on your Xbox account

I don't get why this isn't a thing yet. You can gift a sub, renew a Sub, and even buy Embers with money on your account, and yet you can't directly sub. And it's not like it's not possible either, a while back they had an Ember/Sub bundle which let you use money on your account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New reward system for viewers: "Spark Contests"

Hey y'all, Mixer Partner "JakeParker" here with a new feature idea:

Create a "Spark Contest" for each partnered channel. This would allow sparks to not only create additional revenue opportunities for partners, but create a reward system for viewers who maintain constant support and rewards loyalty to streamers. The way it works:

-Viewers donate sparks to individual channels to show support for their favorite streamers.
    -As the spark leaderboard populates in each partnered streamer's chat, a specific threshold of spark donators to that specific channel (top 5, top 10, etc) are then entered into a random channel giveaway
    -The viewer…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide name of person who makes direct purchase in Constellation event

The Constellation API event for direct purchase does not provide the name of the Mixer user who made the purchase, it only shows the game. We need the username so we can properly thank them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base