Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to follow any streamer in a co-stream when watching on Xbox

When watching streams on Xbox, if I'm watching a co-stream I can only follow the host of the co-stream. It would be nice if I were able to follow the people the host is co-streaming with too. It looks a little sad when the co-stream host gets a bunch of follows and the other co-streamers don't get any because there is no follow button for them. This is especially noticeable for dashboard co-streams.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox one integrated Stream overlays

I would love for you guys to implement a feature that allows for the people who are currently stuck on console for streaming to have a couple simple stream overlays to use. Such as a face cam border and maybe a follower announce. This would be a great way to make console streams look a little sharper and these could easily be managed through the broadcast set-up, you could opt to have it on or off and just like chat overlay choose the position. This feature could be rolled out first for xbox insiders to test it and see if…

547 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Pro users and Partners will now have the ability to add images, overlays, text, and scene switching to their broadcasts on all of our platforms (including Xbox and Mixer Create) using Lightstream Studio!

Read more about our partnership and how to get started here: https://blog.mixer.com/2018/04/11/enhance-your-mixer-streams-with-lightstream-studio/

We hope to expand access to Lightstream to more users as we validate the stability and performance of the feature.

- Matt Salsa

3. Background play for music and podcast please

Hello there name is Heather my idea is very simple, hopefully is good enough I will like to see Background play for May be podcast, talk shows or MonsterCat Chanel that way I can play my game and have Mixer on the background that will be awesome thank you for reading my suggestion and have a awesome day bye

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Xbox one green screen intergration from upload studio

Add the "green screen" cut out capabilty from Upload Studio into the xbox mixer cam :-D

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would be cool to have a picture in picture option for Xbox so you could watch a stream and play a game at the same time @Xbox @WatchMixer

Would be cool to have a picture in picture option for Xbox so you could watch a stream and play a game at the same time

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Xbox users to see themselves in the stream

Allow Xbox One users to be able to see themselves on the screen with out using another device otherwise we have no idea if we are on the camera or not

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add green screen/chroma key support directly into Xbox one streams with Kinect without having to pass through a capture card

It would be super awesome to add green screen/chroma key integration directly through Xbox one with Kinect without having to use a capture card or third party programs like OBS. This would be huge for mixer and content creators alike.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We need opacity options for broadcast overlay on @Xbox at times it makes it hard to see with it's position even if you move it @WatchMixer

We need opacity options for broadcast overlay on @Xbox at times it makes it hard to see with it's position even if you move it @WatchMixer

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the Xbox Mixer Stream Key

So on the xbox, there is nowhere I have found that shows stream key or allows you to change it.

I am trying to use Restream.io to stream to Mixer and Twitch at the same time and I can not do this unless I enter a key Restream gave me.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Xbox hosting

Hello, I watch many streamers on Mixer. I have seen many people in chat asking how to host and some of them are on xbox. The xbox users needs to go in to their chanel and do !host [streamer name] and that is very frustraiting I can belive for them to do every time they want to host anyone. So I think you should add so it would be esyer to host on xbox. Like adding a button like on PC for hosting on xbox.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. console streamers

Hey I just wanted to say for the sake of growth for mixer, as I have enjoyed my short time using mixer as a streamer, I utilize my xbox to perform my streams. As of right now, xbox viewers cannot see my full profile as it makes it difficult to grow in reference to supporting the stream rather than just following. I plan on expanding my profile and customizing it for my viewers. It makes it difficult if a viewer wants to contribute more than just following. I, as well as the community for xbox users, would greatly benefit from…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. streamers that only use xbox to stream

For those who stream just using their xbox will experience that they will have to stop/close their stream in order to change their game. it would be nice to be able to keep the stream up while we are changing games. this would be like using an obs or a capcard but making it a lot easier for small streamers.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Beam app for Xbox360

Mixer app for Xbox360

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Xbox Club Button - Join/Invite Button on Xbox App Stream Interface

There are three buttons that we need, two are in the works. The three buttons are:

- Follow (unhide from channel)
    - Sub (In the works)
    - Club

This request is all about the 'Xbox Club'. If you are a heavy Xbox streamer like me you promote your club like your discord. I have both. You want people to join the club however getting people to join is cumbersome.

They have to leave the stream and follow a five step process to 'find' your club from the Xbox home page. Once they find your club they have to 'request' an…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox Mixer App and Facebook Live.

Hey guys! I was wondering if the Mixer App on xbox would ever have the ability to connect with Facebook live? I know with Facebooks video algorithms that would be a great way for people to promote their streams!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a profile and VOD page on Xbox app

I think it would be so amazing if you added VOD profile page on Xbox. And being able to see your profile and maybe edit on it as well? Thank you!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Follow all streamers at once during a co-stream via the Xbox App.

Ability to follow ALL streamers in a 'Co-Stream' at once while viewing from the Xbox App.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. XBOX App: Switch back to qwerty after an emoji is typed

Currently, the xbox keyboard stays on the emoji page after you type an emoji.

If the keyboard was configured to drop back to qwerty mode after an emoji was typed, this would increase the difficulty to spam emoji and reduce chat spam.

With the current behavior, it is much too easy for viewers to spam multiple emoji and clutter chat and increases moderation needs and difficulty for streamers to read real chat messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. XBOX App: Current Game Display

Show current channel's selected game.

A very common question in popular channels is "What game are you playing?"

If the currently selected game was displayed, this could clear up a significant amount of unneeded chat clutter.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base