Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow

Allow the users on Xbox to select if they want to broadcast using FTL (UDP throughput) or RMTP (TCP throughput). Some users don't have enough UDP throughput to natively broadcast on their Xbox using FTL, even though their ISP allows enough TCP throughput to do so for RMTP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mixer/comments/7l1sb7/xfinity_gigabit_unable_to_stream_ftl/

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to remove the blue box on the screen while broadcasting via the Xbox one

Need this in picture attached to be removed and make it stay off the screen etc, if I watch my stream on the pc I don't need to see that box on screen while broadcasting via the Xbox one mixer app

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Stream on xbox

While watching on phone or tablet. It would be cool to hit a button so it auto stream what I'm watching to Paired xbox one. Basically how. Netflix and youtube have it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Server issue

The servers are saying “How did you get here? Poke us and let us know something went terribly wrong.” Just wondering why its broken since i cant watch any streams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Subscribe through the Microsoft account

I think we should be able to subscribe through our Microsoft Accounts. It would make it so much easier to support our favorite streamers directly, instead of going through the hassle to get on a PC and sign in to use our credit card! Thanks! <3 -ContraryGull581

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Close Co-streams on Xbox Mixer App

I watch streams frequently on the Xbox (all 3) and I realize you cant close the other streams like on the Mixer Website. It's extremely frustrating wasting bandwidth on other streams. Sometime I just wanted to watch the main stream (a la) Smitegame stream. They have multiple copies streams but I would at least like the option to close other streams so I can use the interactive controls. When I do it forces me to view all three streams at the same time. Please give me an option. To close streams during Co-streams or the option to opt out of…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Xbox tad page

it will be nice to have a Xbox tad page for the Xbox streamers who stream right from their Xbox with the mixer app and it will be easier to find someone faster who would like this coming to the Xbox app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More desktop features on xbox

I believe their should be a feature where your able to join a stream team on Xbox, and be able to change your username and unbound it from your gamer tag and lastly you should be able to make your mixer pic an Xbox gamer picture until you get a laptop to make it whatever you want

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. broadcast not working on xbox one

When i start a broadcast on the xbox one it show that i am broadcasting and when i go to my channel it shows that i am offline. Is there a fix for this ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multiple Xbox Broadcasting Notifications

Hi There.

Unfortunately I sometimes have my broadcast via the Xbox One App close which has me start the broadcast again several times over my streamtime.

I have had xbox friends complain to me that they would get 5 notifications within a single hour that I am streaming. Is there a way to limit notifications via the Xbox One app to 1 notification of broadcasting a hour or a day?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. overlays

Hey Team Mixer.

First off. I love using the Mixer app on my Xbox One. It's so simple and the chat overlay is a fantastic way of keeping my eyes on the gameplay instead of having to monitor a second stream.

One thing I would love to see is having the ability to upload to either mixer.com or directly to the xbox one console via USB, a Transparent PNG overlay file.

Another option would be an overlay that you could submit or upload to mixer.com (much like you do your thumbnail and offline cards) a PNG that is automatically applies…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Xbox Mixer update

I love using the mixer app on the Xbox. I was wondering is there a way to fast forward past video on the Mixer App on the Xbox. Most streamers have a 5 minute delay and I would like to skip past that part. Also I wouldn’t mind the ability sub on the Mixer App on Xbox to my favorite streamer.
    Thanks,
    Brandon

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mixer App Is A Mess

I've recently started streaming on Mixer via My XBox One X about a month ago. While I do somewhat enjoy it, the experience is far from what it could be. The set up in general is a mess. Its difficult to search through games from all the clutter. It also ensures newer streamers have a more difficult time getting viewers, esp if their streaming lesser played titles. You also have very few options. No setting your stream quality, and no setting things to edit your profile. Heck, you can't even fast forward pre-recorded videos. Its very discouraging esp since the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mixer not letting me start my stream

My mixer app on my Xbox won't let me start streaming, every time I go over to my broadcasting tab everything is greyed out except for the include party audio and camera option, it's been down for me for the past few days, and I can't figure out why, any thoughts on what I should do?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it easily accessible for people without a desktop to be able to link their mixer and gamertag when it hooks to the wrong account.

Would be awesome to see them make it easily accessible for people to link their accounts together without needing a desktop.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Xbox users to watch streamers whilst playing at the same time!

I know that The Xbox app is meant as a viewing experience much like a TV app, however, a lot of my viewers as a streamer come straight from the Xbox App.. This is an issue and difficult to get partnered because my viewers want to play and watch but can't do both at the same. Maybe you could implement an option for them to do both.. So like when a streamer has gameplay and a webcam.. The viewers screen could be there gameplay and then our stream bottom left/right top left/right.. This then gives the streamer support and allows…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Just make it work

Just let me stream ...it says that I am. ..but my video says I am offline...check your boards and found other posts with the same problem...your reply is always we can't recreate the problem ...have a nice day....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fast forward and rewind on xbox app

On the xbox app when watching VOD if you press any button it resets the stream, so make it so that you can fast forward and rewind the streams without it reseting

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Xbox overlay integration/quality improvements

Please please please start a mission within the company to develop some type of overlays integrated into streaming through XBox. Maybe a few free different color options of the same basic templates? (Most recent follower and other simple stuff included) Maybe charge a small monthly fee to utilize some of the more premium templates that you may develop. It will simplify streaming through XBox and give us the opportunity to produce good marketable content that can compete with high quality streamers out there. As it stands now, the integrated Mixer tab makes it easy to stream, but it's uninspiring. If…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to close out other views during Co Streams on the XBOX Mixer App

It would be nice to be able to choose what screens you want to view while using the XBOX Mixer app when watching a Co Stream. Just like on the browser version, there is an X on each of the different views and you are able to close out the ones you dont want to see, as well as arrange the views in any way you want. For example, I was watching the Smite SPL today, and I would have loved to just use the main screen with the game on it, and the caster camera. But i could only…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base