Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Help

I am just simply informing you guys that the new look of the xbox app is horrible. The older version is so much better. I don't like the new version. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. Please reconsider switching back to the older version, please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add back low latency toggle

Add back the low latency toggle so people who don’t have the greatest internet can still use it even if lower quality streams I play a lot for friends while they don’t feel like doing anything it just sucks for them to be 30 seconds behind while we are in a party together

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Mixer App Problems

The new mixer app you are moving to is a really bad idea. The app was amazing, other than one or 2 hiccups with the xbox button mapping (on the app a few controller button entries corresponded with multiple on screen options) but it had nowhere near the issues the new platform has. The chat is blocking the view of the stream, the stream crashes every 20minutes or so, and i have to restart my entire system, as well as issues with the fact I CANT change the volume, mute/unmute of the stream, or anythinggggg else on the new platform.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Let people gift sub other people on xbox one platform as well

Let people gift sub again on xbox one we can't at this time why is that we used to be able to gift sub when we were a sub in the channel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Follow unfollow center feature

When I see the streamer I already follow center featured I click to get in their stream and when I click to get in their stream I unfollow instead of going into their stream. Did that twice so far. Can there be something that says are you sure you want to unfollow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. positioner

please if the position of the thing that shows how many viewers, time recording, mic, when broadcasting - if that were transparant, or haveing the option of hiding it completely. that would be fantastic. it always gets in the way of something

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. positioner

please if the position of the thing that shows how many viewers, time recording, mic, when broadcasting - if that were transparant, or haveing the option of hiding it completely. that would be fantastic. it always gets in the way of something

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. positioner

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. positioner

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New app awful

This it seems is a hot topic.... Why oh why are mixer messing with the Xbox app for mixer... It's on the Xbox and they're forcing us to not even watch it anymore. Rip my subbing from now on.

The new mixer app is forced on us. The old app was better my miles.

The new app doesn't fit the screen.... It's zoomed in. It also kills any chat. Why in the world would you have a chat disappear in 1 second. And then we can't see what was said in chat if we leave the room. Then you stop…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Return the ability to gift sub on xbox one platform not on currently but used to be.

Bring back the ability to gift sub on xbox one why was it on xbox one to only take it away. And also keep the app on xbox don't care about the new version

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don’t scrap Xbox App!!

The new Xbox dashboard version of mixer is poor. I hate the lack of a chat box and the functionality is lacking. The existing app needs to be developed more than scrapping it. Or allow people to choose between dashboard and app. Don’t destroy the app. Please!!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Xbox mixer app

You guys getting rid of the xbox app for this instant faster way to watch streams is a horrible idea. Not only is it too basic but when you want to chat you get taken right out of the stream. Also if you wamt to use your skils you are taken to a blackout screen to do both chat and skillz. The chat screen is laughable. You cant see what was said if you miss something since the chat goes awaay after a few seconds. You cant gift subs you cant sub unless you go to the pc version. The…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Likes-Dislikes New Mixer App

Thing I LIKE about the new Mixer App on Xbox:
    1. The larger view area of streamer's content
    2. Sparks, embers, and other Skills are hidden until needed

Things I DISLIKE about the new Mixer App on Xbox
    1. Chat log is hidden
    2. Can't see who else is watching or what they said
    3. Stream search function is gone or I can't find it. I used that feature a LOT to find up-and-coming streamers

Thanks for reading my comments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. DO NOT REMOVE XBOX APP

The current way of viewing Mixer is the way it should remain. Please do not, I repeat DO NOT remove the Mixer app! I respect trying to integrate it into the dashboard however it is way too clunky.

Everything i have ever praised about Mixer, all of the reasons that make it better than the rest, gets stripped away without the app. It is slow loading, opposite of smooth. It feels like pulling teeth trying to use the new hub for mixer. I understand it is new and in time im sure it will improve. However i feel like this…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keeping old mixer app for Xbox

New user interface is clean and gives viewers more of the streaming screen for viewing pleasure, however the new version makes it more difficult to host (as 3 dots are now missing), purchase games from streamer (as banner is no longer available anywhere on screen), access to see a pink reminder of when subs are expected to expire. All these things made the older version (which is subject to disappear soon) great and user friendly. The new version looks clean but for many viewers who do watch from console it could be frustrating to navigate if they do not have…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Mixer experience on Xbox - Dashboard vs Mixer App

When opening the Mixer App over the past couple of weeks I’ve been getting a message saying the experience will be changing and the App discontinued. The gave the new experience a go and there are multiple issues with missing functionality, some minor UI mistakes, differing UX journey’s compared to similar functions located on the Xbox dashboard and an overall poor User Experience that doesn’t feel ready to replace the Mixer App.
    Doing some comparisons between the Xbox App and the Mixer tab on the Xbox dashboard, the following highlights missing functionality or minor differences on the Xbox dashboard

Missing…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dashboard app on xbox

I find this app very confusing. There is no host button. I do not like how the channel is full screen and chat disappears. If chat is active it rolls over content or streamers face. Please do not get rid of mixer app for Xbox. App also freezes lags and the only option to refresh is through restarting Xbox.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Xbox mixer app removal a bad idea!

As an avid mixer viewer I find I have to air my opinion, removal of this app could be one of the worse moves ever. not going to go through the pros and cons because I think the other comments below cover these fully but sacrificing the app just to promote the dashboard version is an horrendous idea, the amount of functions that will go missing that the everyday person uses will force people away from the xbox on to pc which can never be a good idea. just my personal opinion but as all the other posts suggest I…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Xbox app

Hello mixer team, i just wanted to give constructive feedback on your new mixer system for the Xbox one. Please don't take anything i say as being rude because I'm not trying to be at all. For starters , it makes it near impossible for a chat mod to do their job on Xbox, as chat disappears and we can't see what people say if we aren't constantly watching chat 24/7 , which yes we should pay attention to chat, but some times we do get distracted or get focused on the stream. Secondly, your new seems makes it literally…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base