Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't watch streams with Xbox One

Since about the October update, I haven't been able to watch any streams at all with the Mixer Xbox One app. All it will show is the preview stream/loop. Opening the stream shows an empty blue background for all streams, no audio either, only the chatbox works. Worked fine a month ago. No sparks/levels increase get earned.

If there are Xbox preferences that interfere, tell us in the app. The troubleshooting guides are not helpful. At least give us a debug code or message. No way to "reset" the app either. Under no circumstances should a stream open without a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. translucent

Make the streaming overlay have a size, translucency, and color options.

Having a large purple box in the corner of the screen is distracting and will often obscure game elements even if moved.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. better servers on xbox

i can tell an OBVIOUS difference in loading times, stream quality, and latency between the web servers and xbox servers. i have 250mb/s fiber internet and i am the lead technician for our internet service provider. we have no throttling in place and do not even have the technology as that is something we have deemed not beneficial for our services. i am sure there r many technical aspects involved in this but i really do see i huge insurgence in ppl using mixer on xbox and so many ppl complain of poor quality streams. i do not need any…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Transperancy Streaming Bar/Chat

Many times when I livestream the bar that tells me how long I've been live and how many viewers i got has always gotten in the way of something weither it be a minimap to my ammo counter to even players left. It's really annoying to not see behind the blue, would really like to see this get out there. Feel like this is a huge thing we need on Xbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Capability to modify bitrate on Mixer Xbox app for streaming.

Currently when you stream to Mixer via your Xbox, you don't have control over your bitrate. Recently I tested the Twitch app on Xbox and was able to modify the bitrate to accomodate what worked best for my stream. Think this would be a great addition to have the capability to modify such thing on the Mixer App on Xbox. Even the stream resolution would be nice touch as well. The other options like mic and audio are already present. Here's what the options are from the other app.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Xbox App Controll Not Idle

Just a tip/comment that hopefully you guys take seriously --- When watching Mixer on my Xbox I have to babysit my controller because it turns off from being idle. This does not happen when watching Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc. Could you guys look into doing the same with your app? Thank you for your time!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Greenscreen

Need to be able to use a greenscreen without having to use a PC and other streaming software

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Additional Options for native streaming

Any chance we could get the ability to choose bitrate and/or resolution in the Mixer app while streaming natively on the XBOX again? My bitrate is just poor enough for 1080p to look pixelated but fast enough for a nice 720p stream. For some reason, Mixer generally auto selects 1080 for my stream.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug

On the Xbox when you leave someones stream and join someone else you can hear the other streamer in the background

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. xbox one camera use

We use to be able to plug a webcam and use it for streams, why did you take that away? It helped grow my channel a lot and now im not getting as many views due to no face came and my PC is so **** I cant use an alt PC program without getting serious lag, can you allow us to use webcams again?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox new option "Stream All" : also stream ALL THE SOUND

The new feature "Stream All" is great, but dont stream all the sound. No system sound and no ONEGUIDE sound. If was possible stream that audio we can use Xbox to stream via HDMI IN other systems: Dreamcast, Raspberry pi, Switch...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Xbox new option "Stream All" : also stream ALL THE SOUND

The new feature "Stream All" is great, but dont stream all the sound. No system sound and no ONEGUIDE sound. If was possible stream that audio we can use Xbox to stream via HDMI IN other systems: Dreamcast, Raspberry pi, Switch...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mixer Donations via Xbox One *Please read*

Hello,

I have $6.00 CAD in my Microsoft account... and I was trying to donate that money to a streamer via Xbox One but i couldn't. Can you guys make this possible? To where if i buy a $50 Microsoft card, i have the option to donate some money to the streamer in the Mixer App on Xbox One? <3

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Black ops 4 beta

My stream is being snowed out, camera and sound work but Black Ops 4 beta being blurred/snowed out

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox

Mixer on Xbox needs more. Especially quality of stream. My stream likes to lag and freeze and I know it’s not pc where you can do everything on it. But it would be nice to have more options to make your stream easier watch for others

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. See All Button to view followers.

It has come to my attention that there is no “See All” for followers on the Xbox app. There is one on the mobile app. Unfortunately the people I watch the most are not listed right away because I followed them first. It would be great to have a “See All” button like the mobile app, so searching is not required.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Chroma key

Chroma Key

Can you add chroma key to mixer Xbox one app! I use a computer and capture card to stream and it has chroma key but everybody doesn’t have that luxury of purchasing a computer or capture cards....... And for me I don’t like to go thru all the steps every time I stream to use my green screen....... it would b more convient if you all can add this one feature........... the Playstation already has chroma key built into their system to run apps like twitch and YouTube straight from their system

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add controller text-input support for Xbox

Please add the possibility to communicate with viewers via controller input only.

I am an introvert/deaf/dumb person who enjoys streaming, but I do not enjoy using a headset. It would be very nice to be able to stream on Xbox and be able to communicate with viewers via the controller.

It would also be very convenient. A simple way to stream from your Xbox without disturbing anyone or using other devices.

This feature would also work perfectly with the new approach that involves the innovative Xbox Adaptive Controller.

Please add this as a serious Change Request. It should be of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. console viewing

let people watching on console be able to view or access the streamers profile/profile description to see if they have anything on there, like: rules, command list, social media.. etc

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Xbox lightstream

So lightstream is pc based. Here's a idea for xbox users if they don't have a pc and want to use lightstream why not add a app on xbox so they can use it and they can stream the dashboard and many games such as if they want a overlay they can add it in

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base