Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Transperancy Streaming Bar/Chat

Many times when I livestream the bar that tells me how long I've been live and how many viewers i got has always gotten in the way of something weither it be a minimap to my ammo counter to even players left. It's really annoying to not see behind the blue, would really like to see this get out there. Feel like this is a huge thing we need on Xbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. translucent

Make the streaming overlay have a size, translucency, and color options.

Having a large purple box in the corner of the screen is distracting and will often obscure game elements even if moved.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Xbox background Music request

I'd like to have a song request/music que option for the Streams. I currently only stream from my XBox One, but I'd like to listen to some background music in my stream while I play. It would also allow the viewers a chance to request and hear music that they would like me to listen to. I believe it would greatly improve the mood in almost any stream.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow

Allow the users on Xbox to select if they want to broadcast using FTL (UDP throughput) or RMTP (TCP throughput). Some users don't have enough UDP throughput to natively broadcast on their Xbox using FTL, even though their ISP allows enough TCP throughput to do so for RMTP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mixer/comments/7l1sb7/xfinitygigabitunabletostream_ftl/

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Xbox App Controll Not Idle

Just a tip/comment that hopefully you guys take seriously --- When watching Mixer on my Xbox I have to babysit my controller because it turns off from being idle. This does not happen when watching Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc. Could you guys look into doing the same with your app? Thank you for your time!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Xbox

Mixer on Xbox needs more. Especially quality of stream. My stream likes to lag and freeze and I know it’s not pc where you can do everything on it. But it would be nice to have more options to make your stream easier watch for others

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Close Co-streams on Xbox Mixer App

I watch streams frequently on the Xbox (all 3) and I realize you cant close the other streams like on the Mixer Website. It's extremely frustrating wasting bandwidth on other streams. Sometime I just wanted to watch the main stream (a la) Smitegame stream. They have multiple copies streams but I would at least like the option to close other streams so I can use the interactive controls. When I do it forces me to view all three streams at the same time. Please give me an option. To close streams during Co-streams or the option to opt out of…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Being able to use audio on Xbox app while streaming on XBOX

If your xbox controller is broken like mine and isn't able to be used with a controller, then the alternative is to use the app. We should have some support to use the audio from that to stream with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Background play for music and podcast please

Hello there name is Heather my idea is very simple, hopefully is good enough I will like to see Background play for May be podcast, talk shows or MonsterCat Chanel that way I can play my game and have Mixer on the background that will be awesome thank you for reading my suggestion and have a awesome day bye

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need to remove the blue box on the screen while broadcasting via the Xbox one

Need this in picture attached to be removed and make it stay off the screen etc, if I watch my stream on the pc I don't need to see that box on screen while broadcasting via the Xbox one mixer app

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hide Chat

In the new Mixer update on Xbox there is an option to show everything so my games and apps, messages and all that... But if you have your chat on your screen it will show that to. The issue with that is when someone whispers you it will show you that to. Can we please get some options for stuff like that so I can see chat but they can not... Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Xbox Friends from app

Viewers on xbox often ask what a streamers GT is. On the xbox app It would be a helpful if under the follow channel button there was a "Friend" option. This would allow the user to friend the streamer if they have an Xbox GT linked to their account. I can see this helping streamline the process for viewers and streamers!

Also adding Xbox to one of the Network buttons on the mixer.com site would be another good addition for Xbox streamers! That way PC users can go right to our Xbox profiles.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Seeking On Mixer Xbox One App

Please fix the Mixer app on Xbox One and allow us to seek (fast forward and rewind) in VoDs.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add green screen/chroma key support directly into Xbox one streams with Kinect without having to pass through a capture card

It would be super awesome to add green screen/chroma key integration directly through Xbox one with Kinect without having to use a capture card or third party programs like OBS. This would be huge for mixer and content creators alike.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. See All Button to view followers.

It has come to my attention that there is no “See All” for followers on the Xbox app. There is one on the mobile app. Unfortunately the people I watch the most are not listed right away because I followed them first. It would be great to have a “See All” button like the mobile app, so searching is not required.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to disable overlay on Xbox

Option to disable overlay on Xbox
    This doesn't apply to everybody, as a matter of fact, it probably applies to a small minority of people like myself that don't own a capture card to stream your games on Xbox via PC but have a PC or other device close by where they can see the chat. If you are in this circumstance then you, like myself, most likely think that the chat overlay on Xbox is more of an obstruction than anything. What I'm asking is a feature where it gives you the option to choose whether or not you…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Subscribe through the Microsoft account

I think we should be able to subscribe through our Microsoft Accounts. It would make it so much easier to support our favorite streamers directly, instead of going through the hassle to get on a PC and sign in to use our credit card! Thanks! <3 -ContraryGull581

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Xbox Mixer update

I love using the mixer app on the Xbox. I was wondering is there a way to fast forward past video on the Mixer App on the Xbox. Most streamers have a 5 minute delay and I would like to skip past that part. Also I wouldn’t mind the ability sub on the Mixer App on Xbox to my favorite streamer.
    Thanks,
    Brandon

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Music

Stre­am from Xbox a game and music (Spotify or own Mixer program) at the same time.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Resolution Option for Broadcasters

Add an option for Broadcasters from the Xbox App to choose the resolution they wish to stream at; for those with internet good enough to stream, but unable to keep a stable upload at higher resolutions.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base