Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't watch streams with Xbox One

Since about the October update, I haven't been able to watch any streams at all with the Mixer Xbox One app. All it will show is the preview stream/loop. Opening the stream shows an empty blue background for all streams, no audio either, only the chatbox works. Worked fine a month ago. No sparks/levels increase get earned.

If there are Xbox preferences that interfere, tell us in the app. The troubleshooting guides are not helpful. At least give us a debug code or message. No way to "reset" the app either. Under no circumstances should a stream open without a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to follow any streamer in a co-stream when watching on Xbox

When watching streams on Xbox, if I'm watching a co-stream I can only follow the host of the co-stream. It would be nice if I were able to follow the people the host is co-streaming with too. It looks a little sad when the co-stream host gets a bunch of follows and the other co-streamers don't get any because there is no follow button for them. This is especially noticeable for dashboard co-streams.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. better servers on xbox

i can tell an OBVIOUS difference in loading times, stream quality, and latency between the web servers and xbox servers. i have 250mb/s fiber internet and i am the lead technician for our internet service provider. we have no throttling in place and do not even have the technology as that is something we have deemed not beneficial for our services. i am sure there r many technical aspects involved in this but i really do see i huge insurgence in ppl using mixer on xbox and so many ppl complain of poor quality streams. i do not need any…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug

On the Xbox when you leave someones stream and join someone else you can hear the other streamer in the background

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can’t sub or buy streamer v-bucks

I watch mixer on my xbox and I can’t see the sub badges that should show up next to a subscriber’s name in the stream chat. I used to be able to but the badges randomly stopped appearing. I want to sub to a few different streamers but not being able to see the badge takes some of the appeal away and im worried subbing won’t work if i try or i won’t get the other sub benefits like extra sparks and emotes.

Also i no longer have the option to buy v-bucks from any fortnite streamer’s chat. The option…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add the ability to turn off ftl on xbox one.

My upload speed is slow and it can’t handle the low latency so the stream just drops out. Add the ability on the xbox one app to be able to turn ftl off and the ability to adjust the resolution and bit rate for your live streams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Permanent sign in

I was thinking that mixer could add a permanent sign in feature so when you get a new phone like I do you don’t have to sign back in to Xbox live it’s in the cloud so you can just open the app and your ready to go I want this across all platforms please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Transperancy Streaming Bar/Chat

Many times when I livestream the bar that tells me how long I've been live and how many viewers i got has always gotten in the way of something weither it be a minimap to my ammo counter to even players left. It's really annoying to not see behind the blue, would really like to see this get out there. Feel like this is a huge thing we need on Xbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. translucent

Make the streaming overlay have a size, translucency, and color options.

Having a large purple box in the corner of the screen is distracting and will often obscure game elements even if moved.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Xbox background Music request

I'd like to have a song request/music que option for the Streams. I currently only stream from my XBox One, but I'd like to listen to some background music in my stream while I play. It would also allow the viewers a chance to request and hear music that they would like me to listen to. I believe it would greatly improve the mood in almost any stream.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox lightstream

So lightstream is pc based. Here's a idea for xbox users if they don't have a pc and want to use lightstream why not add a app on xbox so they can use it and they can stream the dashboard and many games such as if they want a overlay they can add it in

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow

Allow the users on Xbox to select if they want to broadcast using FTL (UDP throughput) or RMTP (TCP throughput). Some users don't have enough UDP throughput to natively broadcast on their Xbox using FTL, even though their ISP allows enough TCP throughput to do so for RMTP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mixer/comments/7l1sb7/xfinity_gigabit_unable_to_stream_ftl/

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Xbox App Controll Not Idle

Just a tip/comment that hopefully you guys take seriously --- When watching Mixer on my Xbox I have to babysit my controller because it turns off from being idle. This does not happen when watching Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc. Could you guys look into doing the same with your app? Thank you for your time!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. gay

gay

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Close Co-streams on Xbox Mixer App

I watch streams frequently on the Xbox (all 3) and I realize you cant close the other streams like on the Mixer Website. It's extremely frustrating wasting bandwidth on other streams. Sometime I just wanted to watch the main stream (a la) Smitegame stream. They have multiple copies streams but I would at least like the option to close other streams so I can use the interactive controls. When I do it forces me to view all three streams at the same time. Please give me an option. To close streams during Co-streams or the option to opt out of…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need to remove the blue box on the screen while broadcasting via the Xbox one

Need this in picture attached to be removed and make it stay off the screen etc, if I watch my stream on the pc I don't need to see that box on screen while broadcasting via the Xbox one mixer app

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Background play for music and podcast please

Hello there name is Heather my idea is very simple, hopefully is good enough I will like to see Background play for May be podcast, talk shows or MonsterCat Chanel that way I can play my game and have Mixer on the background that will be awesome thank you for reading my suggestion and have a awesome day bye

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Greenscreen

Need to be able to use a greenscreen without having to use a PC and other streaming software

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Seeking On Mixer Xbox One App

Please fix the Mixer app on Xbox One and allow us to seek (fast forward and rewind) in VoDs.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Xbox Friends from app

Viewers on xbox often ask what a streamers GT is. On the xbox app It would be a helpful if under the follow channel button there was a "Friend" option. This would allow the user to friend the streamer if they have an Xbox GT linked to their account. I can see this helping streamline the process for viewers and streamers!

Also adding Xbox to one of the Network buttons on the mixer.com site would be another good addition for Xbox streamers! That way PC users can go right to our Xbox profiles.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base