Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. translucent

Make the streaming overlay have a size, translucency, and color options.

Having a large purple box in the corner of the screen is distracting and will often obscure game elements even if moved.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow

Allow the users on Xbox to select if they want to broadcast using FTL (UDP throughput) or RMTP (TCP throughput). Some users don't have enough UDP throughput to natively broadcast on their Xbox using FTL, even though their ISP allows enough TCP throughput to do so for RMTP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mixer/comments/7l1sb7/xfinity_gigabit_unable_to_stream_ftl/

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Xbox background Music request

I'd like to have a song request/music que option for the Streams. I currently only stream from my XBox One, but I'd like to listen to some background music in my stream while I play. It would also allow the viewers a chance to request and hear music that they would like me to listen to. I believe it would greatly improve the mood in almost any stream.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Xbox lightstream

So lightstream is pc based. Here's a idea for xbox users if they don't have a pc and want to use lightstream why not add a app on xbox so they can use it and they can stream the dashboard and many games such as if they want a overlay they can add it in

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Xbox App Controll Not Idle

Just a tip/comment that hopefully you guys take seriously --- When watching Mixer on my Xbox I have to babysit my controller because it turns off from being idle. This does not happen when watching Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc. Could you guys look into doing the same with your app? Thank you for your time!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. gay

gay

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Close Co-streams on Xbox Mixer App

I watch streams frequently on the Xbox (all 3) and I realize you cant close the other streams like on the Mixer Website. It's extremely frustrating wasting bandwidth on other streams. Sometime I just wanted to watch the main stream (a la) Smitegame stream. They have multiple copies streams but I would at least like the option to close other streams so I can use the interactive controls. When I do it forces me to view all three streams at the same time. Please give me an option. To close streams during Co-streams or the option to opt out of…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need to remove the blue box on the screen while broadcasting via the Xbox one

Need this in picture attached to be removed and make it stay off the screen etc, if I watch my stream on the pc I don't need to see that box on screen while broadcasting via the Xbox one mixer app

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Background play for music and podcast please

Hello there name is Heather my idea is very simple, hopefully is good enough I will like to see Background play for May be podcast, talk shows or MonsterCat Chanel that way I can play my game and have Mixer on the background that will be awesome thank you for reading my suggestion and have a awesome day bye

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Greenscreen

Need to be able to use a greenscreen without having to use a PC and other streaming software

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Seeking On Mixer Xbox One App

Please fix the Mixer app on Xbox One and allow us to seek (fast forward and rewind) in VoDs.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Xbox Friends from app

Viewers on xbox often ask what a streamers GT is. On the xbox app It would be a helpful if under the follow channel button there was a "Friend" option. This would allow the user to friend the streamer if they have an Xbox GT linked to their account. I can see this helping streamline the process for viewers and streamers!

Also adding Xbox to one of the Network buttons on the mixer.com site would be another good addition for Xbox streamers! That way PC users can go right to our Xbox profiles.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. See All Button to view followers.

It has come to my attention that there is no “See All” for followers on the Xbox app. There is one on the mobile app. Unfortunately the people I watch the most are not listed right away because I followed them first. It would be great to have a “See All” button like the mobile app, so searching is not required.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add green screen/chroma key support directly into Xbox one streams with Kinect without having to pass through a capture card

It would be super awesome to add green screen/chroma key integration directly through Xbox one with Kinect without having to use a capture card or third party programs like OBS. This would be huge for mixer and content creators alike.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Subscribe through the Microsoft account

I think we should be able to subscribe through our Microsoft Accounts. It would make it so much easier to support our favorite streamers directly, instead of going through the hassle to get on a PC and sign in to use our credit card! Thanks! <3 -ContraryGull581

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Resolution Option for Broadcasters

Add an option for Broadcasters from the Xbox App to choose the resolution they wish to stream at; for those with internet good enough to stream, but unable to keep a stable upload at higher resolutions.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple Xbox Broadcasting Notifications

Hi There.

Unfortunately I sometimes have my broadcast via the Xbox One App close which has me start the broadcast again several times over my streamtime.

I have had xbox friends complain to me that they would get 5 notifications within a single hour that I am streaming. Is there a way to limit notifications via the Xbox One app to 1 notification of broadcasting a hour or a day?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Music

Stre­am from Xbox a game and music (Spotify or own Mixer program) at the same time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mixer app on Xbox one controller lay-out

Can you make a controller lay-out for the mixer app on Xbox one?

I dont know how to rewind or fast forward, i wanted to check inside Xbox but it starts with a 30 minute countdown.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. overlays

Hey Team Mixer.

First off. I love using the Mixer app on my Xbox One. It's so simple and the chat overlay is a fantastic way of keeping my eyes on the gameplay instead of having to monitor a second stream.

One thing I would love to see is having the ability to upload to either mixer.com or directly to the xbox one console via USB, a Transparent PNG overlay file.

Another option would be an overlay that you could submit or upload to mixer.com (much like you do your thumbnail and offline cards) a PNG that is automatically applies…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base