Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Cooldown System For Mobile if Possible?

Would love to not accidentally visually spend all my sparks and not know when I could or couldn't activate the button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Charges for giveaways

So I just found the command for the built in giveaway system. What would be cool is if they stream could have the viewers use Sparks to bid on the giveaway and also maybe limit the giveaway entries to only people of a certain charge.

Reason I would like the charges is to many time people would go in and create a bot or dummy account ( multiple accounts) to get more chances of winning the prize. Having the charge limit would help keep it far for all people in the chat and for folks that have been watch for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Interactive Drawing!

Hey Beam family! Beam streamer, Glitchy on my stream team (Team Torture) found a new way for viewers to interact with the stream! Right now we're calling it "Beam Board". It's basically a whiteboard that let's you draw on the video stream in real time. If you want to see it in action, here's his most recent VOD: https://beam.pro/glitchy?vod=570236 and included is also a screenshot of what it looks like.

To achieve this all he basically did was a CLR browser within OBS for those who are curious.

Not only were we laughing the whole time, but we were helping…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Added Controller Support for Interactive

http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/Nostromo/NostromoOMG-ENG.pdf

This is what I use and it works as a soundboard, but the buttons as far as I know are not recognized by beam's devlab.

OFC, I'd love for the ps4 and xboxone to be recognized down the line :D

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Viewers can enable/disable interactive effects

I'd like to see options available to the viewer to enable/disable the effects that happen on stream from interactive controls.

Example:
    I'm working on developing a visual equivalent of the soundboards. Trigger GIFs, spawn particles, flash the screen etc. However, I'm worried those with epilepsy or similar would be unable to watch the stream when these effects are going off. It would be great if they could disable these effects from appearing on their stream.

If there is a way I could do this within my own interactive development, I'd love to know how to go about it!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. C# Client/Interactive Libraries

For those who want to incorporate Beam into their C# application using an official release instead of one that may be from a third party

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Richard Fox responded

We’re constantly looking to support other languages on our platform.

You’re more than welcome to try and create one yourself in the meantime.

7. interactive "VIEW/EDIT" json dialog

Ability to edit raw json in the interactive design page. The interactive editor is super laggy, even with only 1 item created and placing it .. its just very sluggish. Would be nice to click view json and have it display an editable dialog vs read-only dialog.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support different keyboard layouts

Basically this is about button mapping.

Imagine a stream had buttons mapped to Q, A and Z.
    For the english keyboard layout, that would be a straigth row on the left side of the keyboard to press.

On the German layout, Y and Z switch places, so that'd be Q and A being together and Z in the middle of the top line.

French people would have A Q and W where Q A and Y are in the English layout.

You can see where this is going.

I think, if possible, the control editor should map tactiles to a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Interactive labels / tags

I think it would be nice if we could label interactive streams not only with the game that's played there but also with what kind of interaction the user can expect.

Either if it's interaction with soundboards, a moderated hybrid-like stream, where users can interact while the streamer also interacts with the game (like in Minecraft streams) or something like fully automated streams (like Youplay) where the users alone have control over what happens.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. WWE Interactive

So this was an idea I thought I'd pitch, where fans can book matches for WWE 2K players. The prompt is simple, on screen, buttons for the in-game roster will appear. The streamer picks the match type and the number of participants. the viewers then choose who they want to see fight from a list of the over 130+ in game roster members or, if the streamers chooses, a custom list of up to 100 custom characters. Or both, depending on the streamer's preference or the viewers preference. once the timer is up, the top picks are revealed to the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Interactive console games

Interactive console games like ps4 games, Minecraft and others.
    More help with getting spotted.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gamifying for gamers

You have XP for leveling up, how about some items?!

To encourage watching streams, how about giving users/viewers a series of items to unlock and collect, items are reminiscent of favorites from the last 30+ years of gaming.

It will work similar to Sparks but items will be distributed at random and not at a set time duration, the better the item, the more rare it is that it will drop.

Every user will have a Backpack that will serve as the inventory for all the items.

Users can trade items with each other or sell/buy them for Sparks, another…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Jackbox Games as "Interactive"

While there is no direct developer interaction between Jackbox Games and Beam (though... with the microsoft acquisition maybe there can be) it would be nice to be able to show up on the list of "Interactive" streams anytime someone is playing this. The games themselves are played by the viewers when streamed.

Essentially, whenever someone is playing one of the Jackbox Games that allows for web play they will be listed as interactive.

These games include
    Jackbox Party Pack
    Jackbox Party Pack 2
    Jackbox Party Pack 3 (coming this fall)
    Quiplash
    Drawful 2
    Fibbage
    ETC...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More interactive controls

Currently we have 3 real control methods, "Click on screen", "Joystick" and "Button".

1. Multi-stop Lever. My inspiration for the design of this would be similar to this image: http://images.neopets.com/space/leverofdoom.gif but in a Beam art style. It would have two modes "stops" or "linear".

Linear: The lever can be moved up and down and will return (via the API) a value between 0 (completely down) or 1 (completely up). There would be two shortcuts (programmable) which would enable the user to move it up or move it down, or they could just drag it!

Stops: The lever will snap between…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. League Of Legends

I feel like this would be used by most if not all League of Legends streamers because of the fact the who doesn't want to hang out with a streamer?

if I were to make this I would use something like the minecraft interactive GUI but a single button and then a list would come up saying where you were in that list, so the streamer wouldn't get confused as to who was next. If I were to put a cost on it I would make it 500 just so people can have fun with the streamer and overall a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Spark API

I want to be able to send sparks to players, and have them send sparks back to me.

Chat commands would be /sendsparks @user #amt#

I also want api commands so I can make a bank bot.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  13 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base