Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. interactive - Custom buttons/backgrounds/icons/text

Allow interactive buttons to be customize-able:
    IE: (layer approach) Background image, Text, cost
    1a. where the background could be a custom (uploaded?) hexagonal icon/image/jpg
    1b. the text can be a custom font/characterset/ or image (not required)
    1c. the cost (and progress bar) would be the top layer as per the current method, spark cost on top and the cooldown bar at the bottom, just without the whole-button-boarder
    1d. specify, or use alpha channel for transparency layer/color
    1e. custom currency useage: replace the 'spark' with a cookie in representation of channel currency (if channel currency only mode is on?)
    rough example: …

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using Sparks to buy emotes made by Beam to give another way to be active and use them Sparks

Using Sparks to buy emotes made by Beam to give another way to be active and use them Sparks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. subscriber control

Ability for subscribers to control the streamer's layout. I realize the resources this would take, so maybe a feature for the future?

Sometimes streamers place their camera shot to cover strategic parts of the game (mini-map showing their location, etc). It would be very cool for subs to be able to move the camera shot and thus see the details. I just imagine it being a very cool perk for subscribers. I imagine there are probably a ton of other situations I'm not thinking of where this could apply too.

Thanks for considering!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Spark Section

I tried to search for this suggestion but I wasn't able to find something similar to my idea. At the top of the Streamers section you can currently sort by: All Streamers, Rising Stars, New Streamers, and Stream Teams. I feel it would be a great idea to add a section called Electric Streamers or something catchy and in that section, the streamers an be listed by how many sparks have been spent in their channel. This would allow people who are looking for more interactive streams can find the ones with the most action. Currently I haven't been noticing…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Charges for giveaways

So I just found the command for the built in giveaway system. What would be cool is if they stream could have the viewers use Sparks to bid on the giveaway and also maybe limit the giveaway entries to only people of a certain charge.

Reason I would like the charges is to many time people would go in and create a bot or dummy account ( multiple accounts) to get more chances of winning the prize. Having the charge limit would help keep it far for all people in the chat and for folks that have been watch for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Interactive Drawing!

Hey Beam family! Beam streamer, Glitchy on my stream team (Team Torture) found a new way for viewers to interact with the stream! Right now we're calling it "Beam Board". It's basically a whiteboard that let's you draw on the video stream in real time. If you want to see it in action, here's his most recent VOD: https://beam.pro/glitchy?vod=570236 and included is also a screenshot of what it looks like.

To achieve this all he basically did was a CLR browser within OBS for those who are curious.

Not only were we laughing the whole time, but we were helping…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mixplay Board

A feature that allows you to disable mixplay boards automatically opening when you open up a stream

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Charity

I would love to see 3rd party support for popular charities. They all have donation pages setup already so all it would take is setting up a link that works with overlays or lightstream directly. Also would be possible to give subs and option to add a $1 or something to donate monthly to the streamers select charity.

Lastly maybe something in skills could be implemented to directly effect mixer users as well. Maybe a charity section to donate sparks and they could be cashed out at certain tiers to auto donate or something. This would be really useful for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. MixPlay Audio Needs to Match Video Volume

Right now, no matter what volume the video is set to for a stream, the audio that comes through the mixplay frontend custom controls comes through at full volume. For example, the shots on minigolf are at full volume even if the audio from the stream is turned all the way down. There should be a way to link the frontend custom control volume to the video volume, or a way for viewers to disable frontend audio on mixplay custom controls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SOUNDBOARD THROUGH STREAM! XBOX USERS VOTE!

Allow soundboards to be played direct through mixer stream! I thought that the whole point of "interactive" streaming is interacting with your viewers, but the soundboard doesn't actually play to the viewer, only the broadcaster and it is their responsibility to play it back through the stream!? PLEASE VOTE THIS IDEA! The soundboards should already play through the stream, right?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Interactive Stream Bracket

To have the ability to post tournament brackets on stream and have the viewers vote on who plays who next round

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Interactive Design Preview

With the addition of all the new interactive button types, we need a preview function to visualize the font sizes/styles/placement/etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Discord intergration

Discord has a server interactive widget where you can see whos online and where on the server without logging in. I think it should be added where you put the server ID or JSON API and you can add it to your description.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Anonymous Interactive 2 Option

Allow users to anonymously press interactive buttons. The streamer would need to allow it in their application.

A lot of my own viewers prefer to stay anonymous pressing buttons.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There should be an extra bonus of sparks for watching a specific streamer for so long. Let's just say 500 sparks extra for watching for 2 hr

I had posted something similar but it was not looked at in the right way. I hope I have made it more clear. Maybe the mistake was on my part though.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I am watching Impulse try and give away game codes and many people either do not answer or do not want the game he is giving away and i was

I am watching Impulse try and give away game codes and many people either do not answer or do not want the game he is giving away and i was thinking it might be nice to have a toggle switch a streamer can turn on when doing giveaways that allows us the viewer to opt in to the giveaway. that way the random name grabber will have a higher chance of getting someone who is paying attention and wants the giveaway.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sparks

Now that there is co-streams, we should be able to get enough sparks for as many co-streamers there are.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make buttons/controls movable with the keyboard arrows in the new Interactive Studio editor

The way you move buttons currently isn't that optimal (the drag and drop is working weird IMHO).

Being able to move them one pixel with the keyboard arrows would be nice and easy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Channel specific currency for Interactive events

A customizable currency unique to each channel.

Example: Let's say I have an interactive game that has its own economy. I want to be able to freely control balancing that economy around a currency I control. Being able to grant and remove funds based on game events, subscriber status, etc without worrying about Sparks influencing my economy.

An argument can be made that developer could simply implement their currency on the game side; personally I don't think that doesn't lend itself to a good user experience. Users would have to use a chatbot to query their inventory state, making the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Added Controller Support for Interactive

http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/Nostromo/NostromoOMG-ENG.pdf

This is what I use and it works as a soundboard, but the buttons as far as I know are not recognized by beam's devlab.

OFC, I'd love for the ps4 and xboxone to be recognized down the line :D

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base