Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Instant messenger

Can something like a messenger be implemented with mixer? Only because what if your followers don't use particular media platforms BUT you want to reach most of your followers. Like a global notification? Yes we have "you're now live" notification but sometimes it's good to notify your fans earlier. That being said would push notification with option to turn off to console be a option? Only because some fans are strictly console and use it for everything.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Spark Bank"

Hey guys!

So I've been thinking about this for a while, when it comes to sparks, I feel like it would be awesome for the sparks used on your soundboard to get entered into some kind of "spark bank" not for use by the streamer but so that the streamer can do spark giveaways.

I love the idea for 2 reasons, one being that it's a fun little way to give back to the community and two, it's great for those streamers who cannot necessarily afford buying items to giveaway on stream.

Let me know what you think!

Jazzy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. interactive - Custom buttons/backgrounds/icons/text

Allow interactive buttons to be customize-able:
    IE: (layer approach) Background image, Text, cost
    1a. where the background could be a custom (uploaded?) hexagonal icon/image/jpg
    1b. the text can be a custom font/characterset/ or image (not required)
    1c. the cost (and progress bar) would be the top layer as per the current method, spark cost on top and the cooldown bar at the bottom, just without the whole-button-boarder
    1d. specify, or use alpha channel for transparency layer/color
    1e. custom currency useage: replace the 'spark' with a cookie in representation of channel currency (if channel currency only mode is on?)
    rough example: …

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Using Sparks to buy emotes made by Beam to give another way to be active and use them Sparks

Using Sparks to buy emotes made by Beam to give another way to be active and use them Sparks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Spark Section

I tried to search for this suggestion but I wasn't able to find something similar to my idea. At the top of the Streamers section you can currently sort by: All Streamers, Rising Stars, New Streamers, and Stream Teams. I feel it would be a great idea to add a section called Electric Streamers or something catchy and in that section, the streamers an be listed by how many sparks have been spent in their channel. This would allow people who are looking for more interactive streams can find the ones with the most action. Currently I haven't been noticing…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Charges for giveaways

So I just found the command for the built in giveaway system. What would be cool is if they stream could have the viewers use Sparks to bid on the giveaway and also maybe limit the giveaway entries to only people of a certain charge.

Reason I would like the charges is to many time people would go in and create a bot or dummy account ( multiple accounts) to get more chances of winning the prize. Having the charge limit would help keep it far for all people in the chat and for folks that have been watch for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Interactive Drawing!

Hey Beam family! Beam streamer, Glitchy on my stream team (Team Torture) found a new way for viewers to interact with the stream! Right now we're calling it "Beam Board". It's basically a whiteboard that let's you draw on the video stream in real time. If you want to see it in action, here's his most recent VOD: https://beam.pro/glitchy?vod=570236 and included is also a screenshot of what it looks like.

To achieve this all he basically did was a CLR browser within OBS for those who are curious.

Not only were we laughing the whole time, but we were helping…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. League Of Legends

I feel like this would be used by most if not all League of Legends streamers because of the fact the who doesn't want to hang out with a streamer?

if I were to make this I would use something like the minecraft interactive GUI but a single button and then a list would come up saying where you were in that list, so the streamer wouldn't get confused as to who was next. If I were to put a cost on it I would make it 500 just so people can have fun with the streamer and overall a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be able to stream on ps4

Be able to stream on mixer from ps4

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Minecraft Mixplay

Minecraft Bedrock Edition has gotten Mixplay as an update, while Minecraft Java Edition only received a mod of it, which is only available for 1.12.2, It will be great if there was an updated mod of it or even better, an update that includes Mixplay just like Minecraft Bedrock Edition has.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MixPlay button to time stamp VODs live for post editing

We need an ability to mark/time stamp VOD's when live streaming to allow easier post stream video edits.

e.g. "I get a Quad kill are team wipe" one button press or a chat command that would mark the VOD with a time stamp for me to find it easily in post stream editing.

This is not the same as Clips and would only be available to the streamer and mods.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mixplay Board

A feature that allows you to disable mixplay boards automatically opening when you open up a stream

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MixPlay and Embers

I have a suggestion. I am one of the Embers beta testers. I know this wont be able to happen for the event, but in the future it would be nice to be able to see embers incorporated with MixPlay. I use that religiously on my streams to help keep my viewers engaged in how I play the game. The more valuable buttons could have an ember amount assigned to them. This would be very attractive for non-partners being sparks are more geared towards partners. Maybe in the future if this beta test does workout well, then we could see…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Charity

I would love to see 3rd party support for popular charities. They all have donation pages setup already so all it would take is setting up a link that works with overlays or lightstream directly. Also would be possible to give subs and option to add a $1 or something to donate monthly to the streamers select charity.

Lastly maybe something in skills could be implemented to directly effect mixer users as well. Maybe a charity section to donate sparks and they could be cashed out at certain tiers to auto donate or something. This would be really useful for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MixPlay Audio Needs to Match Video Volume

Right now, no matter what volume the video is set to for a stream, the audio that comes through the mixplay frontend custom controls comes through at full volume. For example, the shots on minigolf are at full volume even if the audio from the stream is turned all the way down. There should be a way to link the frontend custom control volume to the video volume, or a way for viewers to disable frontend audio on mixplay custom controls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SOUNDBOARD THROUGH STREAM! XBOX USERS VOTE!

Allow soundboards to be played direct through mixer stream! I thought that the whole point of "interactive" streaming is interacting with your viewers, but the soundboard doesn't actually play to the viewer, only the broadcaster and it is their responsibility to play it back through the stream!? PLEASE VOTE THIS IDEA! The soundboards should already play through the stream, right?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Interactive Stream Bracket

To have the ability to post tournament brackets on stream and have the viewers vote on who plays who next round

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Interactive Design Preview

With the addition of all the new interactive button types, we need a preview function to visualize the font sizes/styles/placement/etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Discord intergration

Discord has a server interactive widget where you can see whos online and where on the server without logging in. I think it should be added where you put the server ID or JSON API and you can add it to your description.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A SDK to embed a video and interact with play / pause controls

I would really like like to be able to embed a video and then interact with the controls with custom buttons. I need a SDK that exposes basic video controls for my site. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base