Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Embed different states in the same interactive board at once

I think it would be a cool idea to be able to embed multiple states of an interactive board at once, this would let people who have their streams embedded on their website give viewers there the ability to have the best possible interactive experience and control.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Interactive labels / tags

I think it would be nice if we could label interactive streams not only with the game that's played there but also with what kind of interaction the user can expect.

Either if it's interaction with soundboards, a moderated hybrid-like stream, where users can interact while the streamer also interacts with the game (like in Minecraft streams) or something like fully automated streams (like Youplay) where the users alone have control over what happens.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mixer Season 2 Gif Duration

Heya everyone!

With the new update to mixer we got the ability to use Gifs which is amazing, but the duration of Gifs is just slightly too short! Maybe if it were a few seconds longer, and a little noise indicator was added to them they wouldn't get missed by viewers/streamers as often.

Thanks a bunch for reading opinion <3

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Extension Overlay for Details in Game API

These are not new and have been used on Twitch but would be great hear too. Extensions are a new system of panels and video overlays that support entirely new forms of real-time interaction. Streamers simply install and activate Extensions through a new tab on their Twitch Dashboard, and suddenly those Extensions are available for every viewer to see and engage with.

Here is a example, the Destiny 2 Armory Overlay is a slick but powerful tool tailor-made for the Destiny community. By default, viewers will see a small icon on the corner of the video player. When they want…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't require the interactive board for featuring

Some of us don't want to be bothered by an interactive board while playing an intense game but as of right now to be featured you are required to have an interactive board.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MIXER needs to support joysticks and buttons on the Xbox MIxer App

MIXER needs to support joysticks and buttons on the Xbox MIxer App.

Currently, web and mobile supports joysticks, but our Xbox users cannot interact with our apps. For the sake of parity (And the apps we've been developing), it would be great if we could tag the xbox joystick and by extension, assign buttons buttons to the xbox controller, to achieve true parity with every other version. Otherwise, the Xbox App is pretty much useless for interactive games beyond button clickers.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display Number That Isn't Sparks

In Interactive 2.0 API, when a user views an interactive stream they see an array of buttons that each show a defined spark value. When they click on a button, sparks are no longer automatically taken from the user until the app confirms that the desired action has taken place.

I would like to be able to display on buttons, in place of sparks, values that relate to custom loyalty points that streamers have set up through their bots. Rather than costing sparks that can be earned in ANY streamers channel, open the possibilies of needing the required channels loyalty…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add an archive and record every previous stream

Add an archive so if you want to record a stream and save it you can archive it so people can watch it later

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Viewers can enable/disable interactive effects

I'd like to see options available to the viewer to enable/disable the effects that happen on stream from interactive controls.

Example:
    I'm working on developing a visual equivalent of the soundboards. Trigger GIFs, spawn particles, flash the screen etc. However, I'm worried those with epilepsy or similar would be unable to watch the stream when these effects are going off. It would be great if they could disable these effects from appearing on their stream.

If there is a way I could do this within my own interactive development, I'd love to know how to go about it!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dev Lab soundboards should have preset colors as well

Mixer Dev Lab should have a set of preset colors so soundboard buttons can all be the same hue and look more professional with ease.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Twitch Prime like system

I've already seen multiple posts requesting to add a free twitch prime like sub for gamepass/ xbl members, so I am going to expand on that idea and talk about a possible system similar to twitch prime but also unique.
    1 - XBL members get 1 free XBL sub every month. It works exactly like a regular tier 1 sub except free.
    2 - Game pass owners can earn and redeem exclusive loot. If you own the game pass your mixer account linked to your game pass holding account becomes eligible to earn exclusive in-game loot/ rewards. This system would…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. image behind interactive board

A single background image behind the entire interactive board. I keep seeing folks using buttons as titles in their interactive boards. Allowing a custom graphic for each device size could allow for better titles and prettier layouts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support different keyboard layouts

Basically this is about button mapping.

Imagine a stream had buttons mapped to Q, A and Z.
    For the english keyboard layout, that would be a straigth row on the left side of the keyboard to press.

On the German layout, Y and Z switch places, so that'd be Q and A being together and Z in the middle of the top line.

French people would have A Q and W where Q A and Y are in the English layout.

You can see where this is going.

I think, if possible, the control editor should map tactiles to a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Interactive console games

Interactive console games like ps4 games, Minecraft and others.
    More help with getting spotted.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Put MixPlay back next to Skills.

Can we like pleaseeeee put the MixPlay board back next to the skills? Having it in the 3 dots is super-inconvenient, especially for moderators.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AUTO CLOSE MIXPLAY !!

Need create an option to MixPlay show close when you open an stream!!
    Ppls alot lose sparks because miss click on mixplay!
    If you open an stream you ever need close the mixplay
    We need an option to mixplay is ever closed!!!!
    Sorry for my english,but donate sparks for miss click is ridicule..Is a simple idea and don't have this option yet..oh good..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. By default stream interaction should be off. It should be opt in instead of opt out.

I am viewer and not interested in MixPlay. So I don't want to opt out of interaction each time a visit a new stream.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. pop out interactive

There needs to be an option to pop out the MixPlay buttons, like there is for the chat. so that you can watch the stream in full size, and still have access to the interactive. Many people watch on laptops or 1 display PC's, and they have to suffer a smaller image, just so they can use the mixplay buttons.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Instant messenger

Can something like a messenger be implemented with mixer? Only because what if your followers don't use particular media platforms BUT you want to reach most of your followers. Like a global notification? Yes we have "you're now live" notification but sometimes it's good to notify your fans earlier. That being said would push notification with option to turn off to console be a option? Only because some fans are strictly console and use it for everything.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base