Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Using Sparks to buy emotes made by Beam to give another way to be active and use them Sparks

Using Sparks to buy emotes made by Beam to give another way to be active and use them Sparks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. interactive - Custom buttons/backgrounds/icons/text

Allow interactive buttons to be customize-able:
    IE: (layer approach) Background image, Text, cost
    1a. where the background could be a custom (uploaded?) hexagonal icon/image/jpg
    1b. the text can be a custom font/characterset/ or image (not required)
    1c. the cost (and progress bar) would be the top layer as per the current method, spark cost on top and the cooldown bar at the bottom, just without the whole-button-boarder
    1d. specify, or use alpha channel for transparency layer/color
    1e. custom currency useage: replace the 'spark' with a cookie in representation of channel currency (if channel currency only mode is on?)
    rough example: …

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to share projects with other users in the new interactive studio

In the old "Developer Lab" it was possible to share games (now known as projects) with other users so that they can edit them.

Please make this possible again.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Browse Section for 'Most Shocking' (Most sparks spent in their channel)

I'd like to see a section on the Browse streamers page that is dedicated to ordering streamers based on how many sparks have been recently spent in their channel. So 10k sparks have been spent in streamer A's channel and 9555 sparks are in streamer B's channel. On that list, while they are live, streamer A would be at the top of the list sort of like the featured section. You get what I'm saying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Soundboard Should Work On Xbox

Like many Beam streamers, I have an interactive soundboard button configuration for my channel. However, I primarily stream directly from my Xbox currently (which I know is in testing). I noticed when testing it out that if I attempt to click one of the soundboard buttons as a user, it plays through my PC when I'm acting as a viewer, but it does not seem to ever impact the Xbox stream at all.

So as an Xbox streamer, I have no way of actively hearing or reacting to one of the best things Beam offers. I wish the soundboard clips…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. u should ask beam if they can add a system were if u pay 10k to 15k or mabey even 20k for a free sub for any streamer so then everyone can s

u should ask beam if they can add a system were if u pay 10k to 15k or mabey even 20k for a free sub for any streamer so then everyone can sub but youll stil have people who will pay cus that is a great feture to have for people who dont have money you could also do a system were the emotes are for a price the better the quality the more sparks so no more emote spamming

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. subscriber control

Ability for subscribers to control the streamer's layout. I realize the resources this would take, so maybe a feature for the future?

Sometimes streamers place their camera shot to cover strategic parts of the game (mini-map showing their location, etc). It would be very cool for subs to be able to move the camera shot and thus see the details. I just imagine it being a very cool perk for subscribers. I imagine there are probably a ton of other situations I'm not thinking of where this could apply too.

Thanks for considering!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a like system

Make a like system so streamers now what people like

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Spark Section

I tried to search for this suggestion but I wasn't able to find something similar to my idea. At the top of the Streamers section you can currently sort by: All Streamers, Rising Stars, New Streamers, and Stream Teams. I feel it would be a great idea to add a section called Electric Streamers or something catchy and in that section, the streamers an be listed by how many sparks have been spent in their channel. This would allow people who are looking for more interactive streams can find the ones with the most action. Currently I haven't been noticing…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Embed different states in the same interactive board at once

I think it would be a cool idea to be able to embed multiple states of an interactive board at once, this would let people who have their streams embedded on their website give viewers there the ability to have the best possible interactive experience and control.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Confirmation for High Cost Interactive Buttons

Can we get an opt-in style confirmation for when we're spending more than say, 1,000 sparks? There was a time about a month ago that I was browsing someone's stream when they had interactive on, and I clicked back on to the main window to get the focus, and it just so happened to be on the board, so I erroneously spent 5K sparks...

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Channel specific currency for Interactive events

A customizable currency unique to each channel.

Example: Let's say I have an interactive game that has its own economy. I want to be able to freely control balancing that economy around a currency I control. Being able to grant and remove funds based on game events, subscriber status, etc without worrying about Sparks influencing my economy.

An argument can be made that developer could simply implement their currency on the game side; personally I don't think that doesn't lend itself to a good user experience. Users would have to use a chatbot to query their inventory state, making the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better Cooldown System For Mobile if Possible?

Would love to not accidentally visually spend all my sparks and not know when I could or couldn't activate the button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Interactive Drawing!

Hey Beam family! Beam streamer, Glitchy on my stream team (Team Torture) found a new way for viewers to interact with the stream! Right now we're calling it "Beam Board". It's basically a whiteboard that let's you draw on the video stream in real time. If you want to see it in action, here's his most recent VOD: https://beam.pro/glitchy?vod=570236 and included is also a screenshot of what it looks like.

To achieve this all he basically did was a CLR browser within OBS for those who are curious.

Not only were we laughing the whole time, but we were helping…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Charges for giveaways

So I just found the command for the built in giveaway system. What would be cool is if they stream could have the viewers use Sparks to bid on the giveaway and also maybe limit the giveaway entries to only people of a certain charge.

Reason I would like the charges is to many time people would go in and create a bot or dummy account ( multiple accounts) to get more chances of winning the prize. Having the charge limit would help keep it far for all people in the chat and for folks that have been watch for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. C# Client/Interactive Libraries

For those who want to incorporate Beam into their C# application using an official release instead of one that may be from a third party

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  MixPlay  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Richard Fox responded

We’re constantly looking to support other languages on our platform.

You’re more than welcome to try and create one yourself in the meantime.

17. Added Controller Support for Interactive

http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/Nostromo/NostromoOMG-ENG.pdf

This is what I use and it works as a soundboard, but the buttons as far as I know are not recognized by beam's devlab.

OFC, I'd love for the ps4 and xboxone to be recognized down the line :D

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Viewers can enable/disable interactive effects

I'd like to see options available to the viewer to enable/disable the effects that happen on stream from interactive controls.

Example:
    I'm working on developing a visual equivalent of the soundboards. Trigger GIFs, spawn particles, flash the screen etc. However, I'm worried those with epilepsy or similar would be unable to watch the stream when these effects are going off. It would be great if they could disable these effects from appearing on their stream.

If there is a way I could do this within my own interactive development, I'd love to know how to go about it!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. interactive "VIEW/EDIT" json dialog

Ability to edit raw json in the interactive design page. The interactive editor is super laggy, even with only 1 item created and placing it .. its just very sluggish. Would be nice to click view json and have it display an editable dialog vs read-only dialog.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Gamifying for gamers

You have XP for leveling up, how about some items?!

To encourage watching streams, how about giving users/viewers a series of items to unlock and collect, items are reminiscent of favorites from the last 30+ years of gaming.

It will work similar to Sparks but items will be distributed at random and not at a set time duration, the better the item, the more rare it is that it will drop.

Every user will have a Backpack that will serve as the inventory for all the items.

Users can trade items with each other or sell/buy them for Sparks, another…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base