Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Xbox or mobile past streams

People should be able to watch past streams of my content while I’m offline on xbox and mobile. Stupid that you can only do it on PC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hypezone is never online

i think if hypezone was back featured it would grow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Save Clips in OneDrive

I believe that leveraging the "Clips" function with the power of Microsoft OneDrive, so that we could save clips to the cloud, would be an AMAZING feature. It would allow people to save those wonderful moments in the cloud, automagically, and you could even have tiers for the amount of storage needed. I think this idea would be a wonderful way to help not only the streamer, but the platform bring in an untapped source of revenue so that we can continue to grow! <3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Email Notification When Past Streams About to Expire...

Story: (Bear with me, I'm a little frustrated) I really don't see the reason why streams can't stay uploaded for longer or even forever, but if you guys are adamant on keeping it that way, I'd suggest at the very least giving the option for consumers to have emails received reminding them of a stream or streams that are about to expire.

I had an extremely frustrating experience where I had a stream lost when I couldn't find the money to buy a storage device in time to store it, and yes I do realize that streams expire in 14…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A better way to skip forward or backward is necessary !

I found. I think it’s necessary to have something where we can skip back and forth within the stream. You gotta realize we are watching HOURS of content and having to scroll that tab on the bottom to try to go to such a recent and specific moment can’t be quite tedious. Maybe like a 30 second forward button and 10 seconds backward button would be awesome !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No chat in VODS ? What ?!

I noticed that we don’t have a chat when we are watching VODS through offline watching. I just went ahead and started watching shroud but he wasn’t on as I expected but ! I noticed chat isn’t available and I was like whatttt ??? I couldn’t believe my eyes. I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes so much that I restarted the stream cause I had thought that it was a bug. We need a chat during offline streams. Without it it just lacks immersion. There’s no emotion during key moments of the stream and it’s just boring to be honest.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Past Stream Game Search

Please consider adding the ability to search VODs for game titles.
    I stream Animal Crossing on the Platform and often when I get a new face I always see

"I've been searching for this content on this platform for ages Im glad I finally found you!"

Currently, people can only found my Animal Crossing content if I happen to be live, and I stream late at night, which isn't ideal for some viewers.

With this feature a viewer could search for the game, see no one live, and then search VoDs that have that game. This way viewers can still…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Using keyboard arrows to navigate VODs.

Left or right keyboard arrows to go +10sec/-10sec in vods. Youtube has it, Twitch has it, Vimeo has it, and I miss it on this platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. please lower the quality of the vods once there's no quality options to chose

watch vods on Mixer is really not good. it always froze for me. it would be good to have quality options on the Vod like other platafforms of streaming have, but once there's not would be nice to atleast the vods be on a lower quality. like 360p. so everyone would be able to watch it, even on mobile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Save VOD Progress

A great addition to watching VODs along with the quality option is to make it so that when you leave the VOD you are currently watching, the progress is saved and you can pick up right where you left off. Many people forget where they are in a VOD when watching something like a full game play-through and end up skipping back and forth just to find their spot.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Seeking in VODS

Let me get straight to the point you guys. You guys should add a feature that allows viewers to see what is happening at a certain point in the VOD when using the time bar on the video to allow for easier and smoother seeking. (see image below) I am looking forward to see your platform grow and maybe even see some of my favorite streamers jump to Mixer. Thank you for your time and support, and for listening.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Quality options and better viewing for VOD's

I don't know if mixer even give a freak about this issue or us viewers, but the fact that you can't change the quality of the VOD's from past streams is annoying. It keeps on buffering and I can't do anything but to watch a cut video on youtube.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Archive previous streams longer

As a creative streamer, making food on stream. An archive of past streams long term would be greatly appreciated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hey, So I was watching a replay of a past stream and I noticed that there wasn’t a forward or rewind button for ex. Reminded 15 seconds bac

Hey,

So I was watching a replay of a past stream and I noticed that there wasn’t a forward or rewind button for ex. Rewinding 15 seconds back or forwarding 15 seconds forward would be a very beneficial feature since using ur thumb to scroll down the vod is quite often difficult to rewind a certain point or skip forward in the vod without skipping too much or rewinding too much

Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox app

When will we be able to watch past broadcasts on Xbox?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. recorded streams keep buffering

recorded streams keep buffering and i have 100 mbps connection. In twitch there is no problem like that but mixer not fixed the issue even after i mailed them 3 times and still no response from the team, all they say is excuses blah blah but not fixing the issue!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. please put a quality on the past streams so we can change the quality and watch it without lagging

please put a quality on the past streams so we can change the quality and watch it without lagging

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skip forwards / backwards on VODs

I would love a “skip forwards/backwards” function on stream VODs (15-30s at a time). This would make replaying certain gameplay etc on large video files much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Highlighting VODs in certain lengths

Twitch has the ability to highlight the VODs and make seperate "VODs" that span any length you want from minutes to hours so you can easily make 3 parts for a YouTube video with a single stream. I usually want to keep streaming instead of going offline and online again just to make a new VOD to upload for YouTube. I rather do it in a single stream and separate the VOD later in post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option for choosing video quality of past streams

I live in Bangladesh and most of the popular streamers start streamin when its late at night here...So i only rely on watching past streams. There should be an option for changing vid quality on past streams rather than forcing to watch it on HD. Ppl like me who doesnt have fast internet can cannot watch it without the stream buffering. Plz add option for changing vid quality on past streams

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base