Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trailers for Channels Featuring Vods

Similar to the YouTube trailer when you first load into a channel. Channel owners can upload a vod or video of their own making showcasing their channel or introducing themselves.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Downloading a streamers VODS

There should be a way that a streamer can give someone access to download thier vods if they are going to create video content for them.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fast forward and rewind capability for previous broadcasts on xbox app.

Take the enployee who thought it was a good idea to not implement a fast forward/rewind feature on xbox out back and shoot him in the head. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Highlight Reel showcasing your favorite plays.

Basically a section on your Mixer profile where you pick your favorite moments from your past streams and showcase them for all potential and current followers to see. It would be a great way for new viewers to test the waters and see the kind of content you provide!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability for viewers to create clips in live stream.

So many times I have done something impressive or had a funny moment in the middle of my stream that I would love to keep. I tell myself I’ll just go back to the vod and find a way to clip it. Then I realize my vods are 6-7 hours long most times and just move on.

It would be great to have an option to tell your audience to make a clip of the last 45 seconds (adjustable of course) so even they can go back and watch some of your best highlight moments.

As sort of an addition…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Vod Chat not showing up on a lot of vods with people who have low chatter amount

Vod Chat not showing up on a lot of vods with people who have low chatter amount. Some people's VODS just don't have chat popping up at all. Usually a streamer who has less chatter has no VOD chat. Ocassionally a very active chat has VOD chat that doesn't really pop up. I'm not sure if linking vods would assist in fixing this, because most vods last 14 days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. List games played under VoD

When checking my VoDs, title shows only the last game played and maybe the thumbnail is showing a different game as I played perhaps 2-3 games during a 6 hour stream. Perhaps it could be a good idea just to show a little list on which specific games were played during that stream.

Thanks Admin team for the great work!

-Vortt3x

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add note/link to VOD tab for new users

I've recently signed up with Mixer and must have missed the note on having to enable VODs.

I think it would be a nice touch to add a simple note to the VOD tab that states you need to enable them and the option to enable them right on that page itself. I went 3 streams before realizing I needed to turn it on. Originally I thought they were just processing and it would take some time until o dug deeper.

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stream Options for Xbox One

Mixer on xbox one need option that i can make by my self with what quallity i wanna broadcast. I have really good internet , but all streams and vods from me have artefacts and low bitrate. I wanne make by my self. Give us option for stream / broadcast in 720p 30fps or 60fps, hdr , 1080p 30 fps or 60fps and 4k. Were ist the problem. On ps4 i can the settings make in the twitch app and the quallity really good. So please update this

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Watch archived streams

You should allow us to watch other people's past streams and, more importantly, be able to fast forward through them. Currently, I can only watch old streams from the Xbox but I can't fast forward so it's pointless.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Download Button for Mobile

I propose that there be a download button on VODs for mobile. There are people just like me who can't afford to get a laptop or computer and must make videos through a phone. Over the past week from posting this, there seemed to be a download button, but just today, I have found that the button was removed. I contacted support and they said it was never on mobile because the files for the downloads would be too big.

I for one, find that hard to believe because I've been downloading my streams from my phone, which were from…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. vod keyboard controls

Enable video controls on VODs for play/pause, forward/backward, skip x2, x4 and thumbnail display on the time slider of the video like your typical youtube video.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Customizable Past Broadcast Thumbnail

I think a great feature would be to add a customizable thumbnail for VoDs, or have a set time for it to grab the screencap for the thumbnail. I like to have order, and organization with my channel, and the random thumbnails are kind of a bother. I'm sure other feel the same way.

Even if it was "At 10:00 a screencap is grabbed and used as a thumbnail for VoD."

Many streamers use an intro scene--myself included--to prep the start of their streams. Even if all the thumbnails were my "Start" scene screengrabbed that would be definitely great!

Thanks…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to disable vods from playing automatically

I suggest VODs should not automatically start playing when I open a channel that is offline. I will frequently join a channel several minutes before I expect them to go live, so that I catch them right away. Unfortunately, with the way VODs have recently been acting, my browser doesn't detect when a channel goes live, since I'm trapped watching a VOD. I have to refresh the page (without the VOD's url extention) in order to watch live feed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. broadcast more than one VOD.

VOD broadcast queue would be very useful.
    Creators can host a live viewing event and play their past streams right along with their viewers, this would be a great tool with providing content and helping build creators communities.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Set VOD to download (automatically) after stream

This option would allow an automatic if not semi-automatic download of your VOD after you're ended a livestream. I would imagine this would require to be toggled (probably off by default) but still is a neat feature that I just thought up today!
    Personally, this'd help me to not forget to download my VODs after my streams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. VOD Title on download

Would be rad when you download a VOD the title of the file automatically becomes the title of the stream or a timestamp.

Rather than just being "source".

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chat transcript

It would be helpful to be able to download a chat transcript along with our VODs.
    Then we can search the transcript for useful information, or "hype" moments that we can correlate to the VOD for clipping / review.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base