Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mods should be able to pin information on chat

Mods should be able to pin information right on top of the chat so they wouldn't need to keep repeating themselves to get important messages through everyone watching.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Merge chats/and direct follows on Channel One

When Channel One is featuring a streamer, merge chat from featured streamer/channel one that will show on both channels so that viewer doesn't have to leave channel one to interact with streamer. Also, an interface to allow the viewer on channel one to directly follow the featured streamer without having to leave the channel one stream.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Subscriber tiers (Show months they have been subbed)

Have the ability in the channel that they are subbed in to show the months they have been subbed, Say if you hover over the sub icon it shows the amount of months that the user has been subscribed to said channel.

Or has the same as the purple site has it and have different sub icons for a different amount of months.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Edit Message in Chat

It would be nice if you could edit your comment in chat rather then deleting your comment and writing it again. I noticed this feature in rabbit and thought immediately that this would be great for mixer. The snapshot shows a pencil to edit it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Larger emotes for messages only containing a single emote

Lots of chat applications on mobile have included the feature to change the colors of emotes and have also made it to where when a single emote is sent, the emote is much larger than including it in a sentence. I think this would be a good addition to the chat to help liven up the standard sizing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello Mixer Team, I am wondering if you guy's would be willing to add a global Mixer emote similiar to HeyGuys on twitch. Thanks

Hello Mixer Team,

I am wondering if you guy's would be willing to add a global Mixer emote similar to HeyGuys on twitch. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mod resignation options

A way to resign yourself from a Mod role needs to be a thing we can do, instead of having to rely on the streamer to do it, maybe an option when you click your name in chat, maybe have it require you enter a captcha or something for verification that you really want to do it

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add auto correct.

I'm sick of typing in chat and reading it back as "I lpve thos game" just little typos. Just add a basic auto correct

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Nickname

Streamers should have the option to set nicknames for their viewers that only they can see/or are visible to the whole chat. For example, some people join my stream with names such as xXXSwagPro9954TTJNxxX but ask to be called steve. I thought it'd be cool if the streamer can nickname their audience so that they know what they'd like to be called in their community.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. chat search

Please add the ability to search the existing chat.

For example, if I enter a room, and the chat had been started before I entered, give me the ability to search the chat for information.

Say I wanted to ask a question, but it may have already been asked, and I don't want to ask again (don't want to bug people for something already discussed and/or answered), If I can search the chat, it would be easy to find the answer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stickied Comment on chat screen.

This can give a means of addressing an important event, or rules, etc. Currently, many don't appreciate being auto whispered upon entering a room, although maybe we should. It is a means, currently, of addressing chat rules to new people.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Easy Emotes

I really want a feature in the emojis that , if your subbed to a channel it shows what emotes you can use similar to the discord emotes if that makes sense as trying to remember all of them is getting harder :)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chat Filter

I would love to have an option to turn on a chat filter that has a similar effect as the one put in place in Overwatch, where when people say anything deemed 'unkind' or that doesn't fly with the streamers guidelines, it would replace their message with something else. Swear words (in chats with the filter turn on) could be replaced with things like "My mother taught me better than to swear in a Family-friendly environment!" or "Matt thinks that I can do better about watching what I say, so I'm working really ******* it!" This wouldn't be in lieu…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Permission to chat

I am permitted not to chat in ctops streams so I would like the spammer, toll, ect to only be not permitted to chat only on that stream, not for every stream a streamer starts, just on one stream

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Beam Pro exclusive emotes

Having global emotes that are exclusive to Beam Pro users. Maybe faces of other staff members or Beam branded emotes? Would be nice additional incentive to become a pro user and more fun things to spam in chats!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Deleting messages in chat removes chat for the streamer

Recently i have discovered: If a mod removes a message the streamers chat will often disappear, leaving the streamer confused and unable to read the chat, which can ruin streams on many occasions. Has anyone else witnessed this, and is there way of fixing the chat to disable this from happening.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. chat box

Hey Beam!

So one thing I run into on stream is that I talk to those that are in the chat, but those in my xbox party can't tell if I'm talking to them or the stream. One solution I've considered would be to allow people in my party to gain access to my chat box and overlay it onto their screen as it appears on mine while I stream. That way we can all experience the chat together! Just a thought! Thank you for making such an awesome platform!

TyFighter559

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I Gave Beam my Honest Feedback

i gave my honest feedback to beam and Now just right shortly after my chat doesn't seem to want to load for me. i would suggest that Beam sends out notifications to followers and to subs that pay out money to support a streamer. There is some many sites out there that send subscribers and followers notifications for whatever reason, youtube and twitch just to name 2 of the endless sites that manage to do so. When i have sent in a "ticket" about this to Beam they say it's being fixed but, it's been being fixed for well over…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base