Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat follower time restriction.

On Twitch I am able to set a time restriction for followers, for instance "have to be a follower for 1 day before they can use chat", some have 10 min some have 1 hour, the point is to allow streamers to set this delay themselves.

Also, the video player REALLY needs to understand simple hotkeys like arrow up/down being volume and left/right being rewind/skip(x seconds).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show who sub emote belongs to when you mouseover it

When you sub to a channel on Mixer, you can use their emotes all over the site. You can mouseover the emote and it will show you the code for it, but there is no indication that it is a sub emote or what streamer it belongs to. I think when you mouse over a sub emote in chat, it should show both the code and the streamer it belongs to.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show what moderator actions are being done.

When a message is deleted, a person is timed out or banned please show who did it and what they did. As it is right now, the message just gets a line through it but the streamer and the other moderators can't tell what happened. I think it is important to be able to see what has happened and which moderator did the action so everyone can be on the same page.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chat buffer

Hey everyone!
    I have really awesome mods that are constantly keeping my community safe... and although we pride ourselves in FTL video... I think creating a chat buffer would be helpful. This can be optional; turned on where Hypebot is located. It would delay text posting for 10 seconds allowing the mods to catch any trash or slander that - although can be easily deleted- already does it's damage. This can help discourage would be idiots and at the same time avoid tainting the chat for anyone. Maybe have a "Post - Delete - Timeout option" under the text.

Not…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Removing text history of banned or timed out chatter

I would think It is a great idea to remove the messages a banned or timed out member has written, so their message will not be shown to the streamer, mods or viewers. some people are too open to say harmfull and derogatery things and I would love for their messages to just be removed from chat as they get banned. Instead of the text just getting crossed over, it is still readable and some bots and on screen chat applications doesn't remove the text and it stays on screen until it is pushed away by other messages. This would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Channel moderations

I think we should add more moderation features to our chat like a spam detection bot and more auto ban bots I think that will teach trolls a lesson remember my channel is hippomaster and my Twitter is @hippomaster_

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add A Mentions Filter In Chat

I think it would be really cool if we could add another page when you swipe right on chat (mobile app) and it shows a page of comments that you were mentioned (@) in. This way, even in the busiest of chats, you're able to maintain a conversation if you do wish.
    This page would obviously have ALL mentions, not just from one specific user. This way, there aren't a bunch of pages for the different accounts that mention you. This would also definitely keep some accounts from spamming requests and questions in the chat.
    Also, it would be cool…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Not allowing chat until allocating time in a channel

I do not get a lot of traffic, which is my preference. But the majority of new people who visit my channel immediately harass/spoil or backseat game. Is there a way to implement it so that people can't use chat until they've been a part of the channel for x amount of time? Even 5 minutes would stop the majority of the problems I have. I know it won't stop everyone, nothing will. And I know it's not welcoming, it may drive away new people - but at this point I rather take that chance just for the possibility of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hype PUBG

For the Hype Zone PUBG event to make !next feature work in the streamers chat or alternatively set the chat auto to HypeZonePUBG so !next is used more. At current the 'Hype Zone' stays on streams starting a new game since not many are using !next in the correct chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Edit comment option

A way for commenting viewers and followers to edit messages if they misspell a word or forget about an age restriction for language in a different streamers stream to make mod's life's easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Streamer Chat Filter

I would love if Mixer added an option to only see mods of a channel, mixer staff, and streamer chats because sometimes I don't want to see other people chatting, but since the chats are all combined I have to see them to see what the streamers, mods, and staff types and it would be better if there was just a chat filter like the one mentioned aboved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The anonymous comment function

Even if I don't log in, I want the function with which a comment can be hit anonymously.

I believe Mixer much this can reel now the user who had resistance in Mixer so far using Mixer, and to rise more than now.

So I want the function with which a comment can be hit anonymously. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Different BOT Chat colors

A friend and I were talking, we were thinking - a possible idea to give the BOT of the channel a DIFFERENT chat name colour, so it doesn't get lost amongst a possible "sea" of other green names. Something like a light shade of grey or something, so if the bot says something, it can stand out like a sore thumb?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disable chat polls

An toggle in the chat settings to have polls never be shown.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to Disable Emojis in chat

I just want an option to not have to see the annoying emojis. Let a smiley face just be : and ) The bright yellow default is annoying and distracting. Just let there be an option for the chat to only show up as text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hype bot should post in chat so everyone sees the Health reminder

Hype bot should post the health reminders in chat so everyone can see it and participate in the stretching or whatever for intermission

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Raccoon Emote

On this International Raccoon Appreciation Day, as Rocket Raccoon's #1 fan, I put forth the recommendation for a raccoon emote! That other streaming service has one and I use it quite often. Thank you! #RaccoonaticsUnite

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow separate lines

Allow us to be able to post on new lines in chat, its rather annoying when you have to have it all on one line so example
    Channel owner - me
    Chanel mod - you
    Etc
    Etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Emoji size limitation

So, I make emojis for a partner here on Mixer. I absolutely love doing it and want to continue to do it. I was wondering if you guys could increase the emoji resolution limit. Even just 48x48 or something would be wonderful. The current limit is so restricting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. See viewers

Hi whilst I stream on the Xbox I have the chat on my screen to see what my Viewers are saying. I can only see the people who chat within the chat not the viewers who actually are viewing is there any way we can make it visible to see who is watching your stream like a pop up natifactaion saying this viewer is now watching your stream. I do have my phone open but still not able to see who is viewing my stream can you help thanks

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base