Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More user color customization

I had an idea for customization in regards to users being able to choose custom colors for their name. This would be a global change, not only visible on your end. People complain that chat badges would be too cluttered, so here's my idea.

Put a border color around the user's profile picture that indicates whether they're pro, normal, moderator, etc. This will allow all users to change their name color to be different in chat. The same colors tend to blend together in chat, making it hard to keep up with chat, etc.

So here's my simple solution.. this…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reply Button For Chat

Implementing a 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐋𝐘 feature would be highly beneficial to both mobile and pc viewers.

Currently when you click a users name, you get the options Copy/Profile/Whisper/Report/Block/Follow. Adding a Reply button that would auto-populate the chat window with the users name would make conversations flow easier, accidental whispers would be limited, plus this will help out the channel moderators.

I know I have personally accidentally whispered someone countless times when trying to respond back to them. Plus tagging people manually, especially if they have odd user names, can be quite challenging.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Regarding the new emoji....(and the lack of :reggie)

I would like to propose that the new emoji designs are...revisited. The new look of the faces and the fact that a lot of popular ones (:reggie) are now missing...

I know that someone behind the scenes spent a lot of time updating them, and for that- I really do appreciate it. The mixer bots and the food look amazing- honestly most of them are a drastic improvement.

But those faces under "default". They need some more love.

TLDR: New Mixer emoji faces are too cartooney- also bring back :reggie.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clips for Partners

Had an idea that might be beneficial for the partnered streamers and something that could help free up time for busy partners and their channel moderators.
    The !clip function currently clips a segment of time from a min-max time. If a streamer wanted to "Name" these clips, they need to go to the clips section and Name each individual clip. Could a functionality be built in that allows the Clip to be named after !clip. For example; '!clip OOOHH! All Headshots' Then as the clip is uploaded and already named, I see this giving Partnered streamers on the platform more…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In game chat

Being able to hear ingame chat with other players as I have friends who are cross platform players and at the moment I can only hear my voice and not theirs

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chat auto scrolling stops after a few seconds

Chat stops auto scrolling after a few seconds (tested on Firefox 70.0, Windows 10), scroll bar stays at the top instead of bottom.
    Disabling smooth scrolling doesn't help.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New User (Deter New User Trolls)

We all know that it is far too easy to create a new name and go into a channel to talk. What I am suggesting is a New User Review portal. This will make it so that new users will have to go through stages to be able to chat. Each stage will unlock abilities to participate in the community.

Examples would be, to stream..you go through the streaming course (which we have). To chat, you must complete a chat etiquette video that can't be fast forwarded. I know there are people who use the chat level function for new…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatic Raid Protection (Auto Enable / Disable Slow chat)

We all love raids on Mixer, they are fun for both the one who is raiding, but also the one being raided.

Sadly, sometimes people tend to go overboard and does not know when to stop the spam. There's always that ONE guy, who just keeps spamming for additional 30 seconds after everyone else has stopped.

So I've come up with this idea:

Add a Raid Protection Feature, I'll try and list it in an easy to read way how I imagine it working.

1. Streamer does NOT have slow chat on

2. Streaming gets raided by another channel

3. People spam for…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cross Platform Chat through Xbox

I really think there should be a way to hear game chat. My pc friend wants to stream with me, but I stream through Xbox, so the stream can't hear him. That should definitely be implemented!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GIF

Premium GIF displays, via an EMBER amount. (maybe 100 embers?)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change Whisper Color in Chat

I know there's a chat settings option to change various chat colors, but there doesn't appear to be an option to change the whisper color.
    It's very difficult to read the whisper color sometimes because it's blue text on a darker blue background. It would be great if we could change the whisper color to a color of our choosing much like other options in chat.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. close chat

I don't want to see chat, I'd like to hide it so the video can be larger.
    If you can already remove chat from the screen, it should probably be more intuitive because I can't find it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BTTV/FFZ support, better whispering system and slow chat timers.

I've been checking out Mixer a bit after watching Ninja's stream. One of the first things I noticed is how the whispering system and the emote situation could be improved. For whispering, it's basically impossible in popular channels (like Ninja's for example) you'll miss your whisper. Twitchs implementation of whispers is awesome, something like that would be very nice to see.

As for emotes, in my opinion Mixer's emotes are really boring and the lack of Better Twitch TV / Franker Face Z emotes is a massive blow. BTTV/FFZ emotes are a massive part of Twitch Chat (I know this…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Like/react to messages in chat

The ability to like/love/smile at/ dislike a message in the chat Would be huge. People love recognition in the stream what better way to recognize a funny message in chat than 30+ laughing emojis and likes on the comment?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox1 chatbox

Seen a few other comments regarding this same issue and theyre using fancy words and confusing me. Not sure if i disagree or agree. Anyways, the big bulbus blue chat box is blocking my visuals. Im surprised if I have a single viewer at any given time and i would appreciate it if you would create a compressing version. Where it only shows the icon portion until someone types something causing the blue chat box to reemerge than again disappearing after a few seconds of inactivity. I think its a recording dot , an eyeball , and something else. That…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PLEASE ADD ABILITY TO HEAR GAME CHAT ON STREAM

PLEASE ADD THE ABILITY TO HEAR GAME CHAT. I WILL BE STREAMING ON TWITCH UNTIL THIS FEATURE IS ADDED.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow users to change priority order of role colors in chat

There is already the ability to customize colors for different roles in chat. For example, I like subs to be orange so they stand out more, and I have partners set to a bright pink. However, the default order of the roles in the chat settings seems to affect which color a user shows as. Since partner comes at the bottom of the list, that role doesn't have priority so they show as pro users.

I think the ability to reorder the roles in a different priority would be more useful than just being able to change the color.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Emotes

They’re already further behind on emotes than they should be. Before they get someone like Ninja over, they should have had many more emotes available, make them easy to type (not have a colon in front) and already reach out to FFZ and BTTV to integrate all their third party emotes into Mixer so that when people come over for the first time, it is instantly familiar. It would go a long way, and the fact that they didn’t add more of their own emotes and make it similar to Twitch when it’s so simple makes me question how likely…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hide levels from chat messages

Maybe display "levels" inside the viewer info (onClick) instead.

Imagine multiples badges (subs, gifter, mod, etc etc) + levels.

It feels a bit "too much infos" for quick reading messages as a main focus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Временное сохранение записей шепота

Не хватает возможности посмотреть прошлые сообщения отправленные через "Шепот", это довольно проблематично когда ведёшь долгий стрим.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base