Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mod chat tab

Create a Mod/Streamer chat tab so Mods can discuss things in privacy without having to whisper. This tab could also report who gets banned and timed out.

I imagine that this could be shown similar to how you show the hosted stream tab/chat. I have attached a quick mock-up of the tab idea.

I think this could have a huge impact in helping Mods stay on top of things, and could help in tracking and reporting issues during the stream.

264 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Mod Badge

It would be nice if channel mods could have a badge by their name like subs do indicating that they are a mod. New users and mostly xbox users have no clue what the username colors mean.

133 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Chat Delay For New Accounts (Visible to Mods)

I've been seeing a lot of complaints about Toxic people in chat recently, which made me think of this idea.

How about we get a chat delay for new users, which allows the streamer / channel to choose when they think an account is new (24 hours / 48 hours / 1 week) those accounts will have a chat delay, that the rest of the chat does not.

So basically a new account posts something nasty in chat, ONLY moderators will see that message for the first 3 / 5 / 8 seconds until it becomes visible in chat. The…

14 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Higher quality emotes/higher res

Chat is an important aspect of every stream, one of the biggest upside with mixer is the FTL and instant communication that happens between chat and Streamer.

But a chat is just a wall of text with no flavor unless you have some emotes (imo).
          Now there is already an emote system in place at mixer but the quality of the emotes are lacking and it doesn't have anything to do with what the emotes are picturing.

Being restricted to 24x24 the resolution is so bad that most seems blurry if they are not pixel art. Compared to other major…

42 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Partner color in chats

Now that we are able to change colors for the different roles of The Mixer Universe, why don't we get a color for our partners?

Although, instead of having it be a thing that'll always be broadcasted wherever they go, they can turn it off to just look like a regular viewer in peoples chat.

8 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• New Release Spoilers Inc Cinema Releases.

I've seen this posted here already back in 2016 but I do feel this needs to be addressed. The idea of someone coming into someone else's chat/community to purposely spoil the ending of the new release they are working through or going out of they way to post movie spoilers on the latest Cinema releases irritates me completely.

I do understand that Mixer have their features that allow someone to purge/clear chat or even ban the person who comes into the chat but I feel at this point it's too late. The damage has been done and ether the streamer/mods…

57 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Age Lockout

With the current influx of Xbox users hitting our chats, most of them being well underage and posting inappropriate things.

Would it be an idea to lock the accounts who haven't entered their DOB from using chat? And those who have entered their DOB into their account and are underage, lock them out of 18+ streams.

And have a flag system where if a user has been flagged as a spammer, or someone who posts inappropriate things be locked out of chat all together. otherwise they will just jump to another channel spreading their filth.

153 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Ability to toggle chat text size

Add the ability to be able to change the text size on the Mixer site. I have a friend who is almost legally blind and she has trouble reading the chat.

Or maybe even make it so the popped out chat text size can be increased.

I feel like a lot of people could benefit from this as it would make it more accessible for people with limited sight.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• chat font size change

the ability to change the chat text size. This makes it easier to read when you pop out your chat for streaming.

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Use IRC as the foundation for Mixer's Chat Solution

Hi Mixer,

Let's not reinvent the wheel with a bespoke/proprietary chat solution.

Let's just use IRC.

Why?

1) It's a standard. IRC has been around for eons.

2) Mixer Chat currently is flaky at best. 15-35% of the time, it sometimes just doesn't load.

3) It is a known quantity. Other platforms use it and it is well know what it is capable of.

4) We could access chat with any IRC client and make life simpler with any aliases or popup menus (ala mIRC, Chatty,etc.)

5) IRC is pretty scaleable (again, other larger platforms use it) and most "chatrooms"…

6 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Better emotes or redesign

There are a lot of artists out there that wants to get there name in the world, especially those artists that focus on twitch/mixer overlays, buttons, etc...

Bringing in these artists from the outside and exploring new designs would be an awesome new way to create or redesign some of your emotes and who knows you could invite them to be a part of your Mixer team!

Emotes are the joy of a live-stream besides the streamer themselves. I personally enjoy seeing emotes and them be used by the community just like they use the stickers so adding better designs…

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Whitelist Bot and Streamer in CATbot

I would love to allow CATbot to completely ignore all messages from certain users. Specifically my bot and myself. I've been getting my discord link struck out by CATbot from both my bot and myself and not getting the option to "restore" the message. It seems like I could allow certain users full trust... like....me. And my bot...which is also really me.

42 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Mixer to support other special days or months

As you all have seen today Mixer has made new stickers to support black history month. I feel that there has been nothing to support the LGBT history month within the UK or for that anything else that we all remember. Like I know. Mixer is quite open to us fellow LGBTQ people but I feel like we deserve something as well as the other races. So maybe like say discord has they have black emojis well let's get some of that stuff on mixer as emotes that are put on for everyone not just from a partner.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• General, Mod, and Whisper chats

Having 3 different chats 1. General: everyone can chat and have fun watching the stream. 2. Mod: only mods, streamer, channel editor, and staff can see this chat (I think this would make it easier for mods to talk to one another) in this mod chat I would like to be able to see what mod timed someone out and for how long/banned or unbanned/ or purged. 3. Whispers: I feel like giving whispers its own chat will make it easier to keep track of peoples messages sometimes the chat moves so fast you cant read the persons message and…

44 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Highlighting a message!!

Hey Mixer i am a moderator on Kwebbelkop his mixer acc and i have a great idea for you guys it is that you as a Moderator are able to highlight someone's message so the streamer will be able to see that would be awesome!

125 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Chat

Quality of life improvement for lurkers on pc, One main problem ive run into is that people using animated skills in chat while im lurking in channnel one. The problem is that animated skills do not trigger and play while a window is minimized, so they just stack and wait to trigger, This eats up ram on my system and im sure on others. So if we could disable animated skills in our chat settings that would be a huge improvment.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Block

Please may you add a block user feature, some people really just don't know when to stop being annoying and constantly harassing. Please add a block button so we can get rid of them forever. :(

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Additional Chat Color for Chat Bots

I was just wondering if maybe there could be an additional stream chat/name color for Bots that are in the chat. In a lot of bigger streams there tend to be a lot Bot responses that clog up the chat, and since they're the same color as the rest of the mods, sometimes people just tune out whatever the mods say assuming that it's bot chatter that doesn't pertain to them.

8 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Option to separate chats during costream

I really like the costream feature, but the mixed chats really turn me down. Each channel has its own environment and mixing several of them together can quickly turn into a mess.

Some people like it, though, so it would be nice having an option to see only the chat you want.

9 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• i would love it if you could make subscribers to anyone channel a different color to stand out instead of being blue like followers ! or if

i would love it if you could make subscribers to anyone channel a different color to stand out instead of being blue like followers ! or if you could make it to where the streamer can make the subs whatever color they want !! also recently theres been moderator issues where a mod has been timing people out for no reason & also banning random people . would it be possible if you could make it to where the streamer gets a log of all the mod action that goes on . sometimes streamers make like 20 different mods &…

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base