Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pause or Play for Livestreams and VODs

Make it so when you click on a livestream or VOD the stream plays or pauses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Background Music Support from Microsoft Groove or Pandora when streaming on Xbox App

If there was a way to let music from Xbox One to be heard on stream in the background, this would easily be the best streaming service on Console. If this relies on removing VODs, I'll take it

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Beam to automatically check connection for FTL stream after failing over to HLS

When the FTL stream connection is lost and it drops down to HLS, Beam should periodically, automatically, retry to connect to FTL.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Could you please work on making the live broadcast crisp instead of terrible screen broadcast quality?

I am getting screen tears, pixelated blurred shots, frame loss, and other artifacts in my live broadcast from Xbox One to Beam using the latest software update for Xbox One that arrived yesterday.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams auto tweet when members is live to Team Twitter account

Teams auto tweet when members is live to Team Twitter account.

Simple Connect a Team Twitter to your team and anytime a team member goes live the beam will auto tweet that member went live to the team twitter :D

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi guys, I'm back with another recommendation, if possible you guys could be the first streaming platform to allow people to stream at highe

Hi guys,
    I'm back with another recommendation, if possible you guys could be the first streaming platform to allow people to stream at higher frame rates like 100-120-144fps, it could definitely bring quite a few more people to beam if you'd try it, just give it a shot and see how it goes for a while.....or don't, but either way I'll stick to beam rather than others.

Sincerely,
    Electro.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ad Revenue Option

So some people in the GWOL team and I were talking about the new increase to Beam Partnership requirements and you know what we were thinking would be cool? For those who will probably never hit the active viewer watching requirement, what if there was an ad revenue option? Something like what YouTube has. Maybe allow people who have been there for a certain amount of time can apply and earn a little bit off of ads that run on their stream. I know it won't happen but it was an interesting thought and conversation. It would definitely make Beam…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to Stream FTL Only with No HLS Backup

Streamer to have an option to force FTL only, so if that fails while viewed, an error screen (e.g. "Oops, there seems to be an issue with your connection, please refresh your browser" / the fuzz you currently have) is seen instead of HLS.
    Then automatically try to get the connection back (see previous idea)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. clip

I propose that you should be able to filter the streams by language, game, chandra.
    i know you can filter by game.
    But an multi filter and to also help promote other games then just the most popular games to ensure diversity of streams.

So my ide is to have so you can select which games, language you want to see and not want to se.
    For example i'm not always in the mode to watch one of the popular games and it would be and encroachment for for those nich streamers to continue with their streams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Direcionamento de transmissão.

Vocês poderiam direcionar as transmissões para seus países de origem ou pelo menos colocar um filtro por idioma ou pais, assim seria muito mais fácil de de achar transmissões de certo idioma ou pais, por que hoje vejo uma certa dificuldade neste aspecto aqui no site, com um direcionamento ou pesquisa deste tipo seria bem mais acessível e fácil para quem fornece o vídeo e pra quem quer assistir algo de seu próprio idioma sem ter que ficar procurando muito tempo pelo site.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. VOD Automatically Play

A good improvement would be to allow the streamer to set up a playlist of their own VODs to automatically play on their channel when they're not live.

It could work almost like an auto-host and be an option to choose instead of auto-host. It would allow streamers another way to keep users engaged on their channels who would otherwise just close the browser if they missed streams.

I think allowing an option like this could improve and enhance the livestreaming experience and allow it to expand to something more than just Live entertainment. If streamers wanted to - with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Animation Category

I would be fantastic to add a Sub Category to creative for animation! :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. multi-channel audio control

When watching multiple people streaming together, they often use a voice chat between them. That's great if you're only watching one of the streams, so you can hear the others, but starts to fall apart when you're watching more than one of them. It would be awesome if there could be multiple audio streams that can be individually muted (or have volumes set differently). It could even be extended to the streamer's voice, game sounds, and background music, giving you an option to mute just the music to avoid any copyright problems, while leaving the rest of the stream audio…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Password-protected Livestreams

Create a system to allow a user to make their stream viewable only when a password is inputted by the viewer. This would allow a close friends only livestream.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Facebook

Hi i had a question: when we start streaming and we post the link on our facebook page and it shows only the link and people are afraid to tap on link (for personal reasons). Can you guys do something about that? I would appreciate that. Thanks a lot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. background transparent

I just have one question
    Why do not you delete the streaming background as you can with Upload Studio on the xbox one?
    I think it appears in this option for the sea streaming more attractive for the streamer and for its visitors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It's about streaming.

Hello. I am a person after starting delivery recently. There are some opinions that I can feed back here. It is easy to use this delivery site and is easy to rub it to other people. However, there are some problems. At first about game streaming. There is a place to put a title in game streaming, but cannot change it after it when I change it. For example, I play Stardew Valley. I play a different game to the trace. However, game streaming does not have the title of the game that there wants to be. Because the setting…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add AMD VCE Support to OBS-FTL

It'll be nice if OBS-FTL had support for AMD VCE, so streams on AMD cards will be less laggy

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't End Beam Stream When Switching Xbox Games

One thing I tested when streaming on Beam directly from the Xbox is that if I switched games, the stream immediately ended. If I wanted to continue streaming on the new game I switched to, I had to restart the stream.

It would be awesome if when switching games, it could detect that and either A) at least pause the stream and resume when the new game is fully launched, or B) Just keep the stream going and change the relevant details on the stream.

This way, there'd be no interruption in the stream when game swapping, and would make…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base