Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. vaping

There seems to be quite a few vapers coming over to beam would be nice to be in its own category

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'Like' button for each stream, but resets for each and every stream, or other sort of rating system for viewers to give feedback

'Like' button for each stream, but resets for each and every stream, or other sort of rating system for viewers to give feedback

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. schedule

Scheduled stream reminders Request from new streamer, to be able to schedule streams so that followers can get an email reminder a set time before the stream. Most streamers will let their Twitter followers know half an hour to an hour before stream, but this does not cover all of the followers. To be able to send stream reminders via email would be a much more effective way to bring the crowds, and automated based on scheduled events would make it easier on streamers.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Clocks below the video?

I've seen quite a few people already that display their time in their stream, so that viewers know what time it is there.

But I think, maybe, based on a timezone setting somewhere and a flag to either show or hide it, we should be able to display a little clock somewhere so that it's a standardized design that would keep the videos a bit cleaner.

Also VODs should save the "initial" timestamp so that they can show what time it was in the VOD at point X.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Supporter and/or Subscriber only Stream Mode

Add a way that streamers can have a special stream only for their supporters and or subscribers. This is not to lock out the rest of the viewers. But to give some special attention and exclusivity to those who support a stream channel. It would just be a switch to toggle only subscribed or whitelisted viewers would be aloud to enter the stream.

This would also encourage those that have not supported the channel to do so to be included in on the exclusive and special event streams that are only available to supporters and subscribers to the channel.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix audio reset when hosting

Whenever I have a stream muted/paused in the background and someone hosts, the volume will reset to full on the new stream.

Maybe have the volume setting carry over or have hosted channels muted by default for people that like to watch streams as they go to bed

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mature Content

I am a Mod from Outpost (Go check out channel if you haven't) I have been told by staff that if you stream a game that has gore and violence + swearing that you must turn your stream to 18+. This I think should be up to the user that they have the responsibility to leave. There should also be like a 17+ or 15+ rating instead.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow streamers to give away there sparks in stream giveaways.

Allow streamers to use their spark balance as a giveaway feature.

For Example:
    I have 68.4k Sparks, I want to get rid of some by giving them away to viewers in my channel. So therefore I can host a giveaway then do a command like /send {Username} [Amount of Sparks]

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change the fullscreen borders (colors) to black

Change the fullscreen borders (colors) to black

I'm talking about this --> http://i.imgur.com/hl9wjKB.jpg

plz fix the borders i kinda get sick watching it. or atleast a profile option to turn it off.

and the stream vanishing effect after exiting the fullscreen mode
    is disorienting. i think it would be better without any flash effect.

Another suggestions: would be having donations/info exactly below the streaming frame. (flip option)

thx in advance.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase Maximum Streaming Bitrate

Currently there seems to be a cap of 3500 Kbit/s when streaming with rtmp. I use OBS because of its hardware encoding capabilities and have an upload bandwidth of 10000 Kit/s.

Since hardware encoders aren't as efficient as software encoders I have to use a higher bandwidth for comparable quality. Streaming 1080p in 60fps doesn't really look good with max 3500 Kbit/s.

So I really would appreciate if I could use a higher bitrate when streaming.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. World of warcraft game page

All expansions from world of warcraft are selectable.
    It splits all the warcraft streamers in different pages and doesnt show the amount of streamers as it should.
    Isnt it possible to unite all streamers under "world of warcraft" instead? That way the audience find all streamers on 1 page.

Greets,
    Yano

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Beam should Set Up a Facebook style Ban for streamers

Hi beam im a old Twitch streamer, now in my new home (BeamPro) and i have to say i love your platform but there is one issue which you have, which is the same as Twitch. That i would love to see happen here,, If i ban someone from my channel for Trolling or causing a nuisance to myself and fellow viewers it only bans them from my chat, not my channel completely! Is there a way to set up a complete Block just like Facebook?? I ask this because i got hit with so many trolls on Twitch and…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it so that we don't need a computer science degree to update

Make it so that we don't need a computer science degree to update Tachyon. I tried to stream a game recently but the game capture wouldn't pick it up. I saw the newest update had included 32-bit game capture, so I thought "maybe the game is 32 bit" but all that was available was source code that I had no idea how to use. I ended up just not streaming because I became too frustrated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to Hide Follower Count/Views

I think it would be cool to have the ability to hide your follower count / stats like Youtube allows you to hide Subcriber count. Why would I like such an ability? I don't focus on follower count and I don't want others focusing on my follower count/views/stats.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. restream

When using Restream.io to broadcast on multiple platforms, a bitrate higher than 3500 can't be used or it just doesn't work.

I recommend adding guide or pop-up prompt that explains that.

I've spent three days trying to figure out why it wasn't working. It will save others a lot of headache to know they've just got to bring it down to 3500. =)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tachyon Noise reduction for noisy ambiance

This feature exists on Xsplit's Gamecaster, where you can have the sofware listen to the ambient noise in your room and it will reduce it so it's practically inaudible during your stream.

I would love to see this feature added to Tachyon, as this is the only reason I'm really staying with Xsplit. My room is exceedingly noisy due to my computer fans, and a normal noisegate doesn't solve the problem, as cutting my mic out when I'm not talking is good and all, but not helpful when I start talking and you hear the whirring of my computer fans…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I think a great incentive would be early access codes for xbox streamers coming from other streaming sites, with some stipulations

I think a great incentive would be early access codes for xbox streamers coming from other streaming sites, with stipulations. That should help increase traffic for both streamers and viewers!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option

Could there be an option to remove the viewer count in the popout chat?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Console streaming

someone suggested making an app to watch streams but i would like to stream from my PS4 and there are probably also some people that want to stream from XBOX one

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Separate Mic/Music Volume Controls

Problem: "Your mic is too quiet." or "Can you turn down the music?"

Solution: viewers independently control a streamer's mic or music volumes

19 votes
    Sign in