Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ive just tried out the webcam for mixer through xbox and its a very good start BUT it needs more customisation than just zooming in and outt

I've just tried out the webcams for mixer through Xbox which is a very good idea and a great start, BUT it needs much more customisation instead of just zooming in and out. My rooms quite dark so you should be able to increase or decrease the brightness like on PC. Also the cam is just too small! I would like to have it a bit more larger so people and see me clearer. So we should be able to customise the size of the camera as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Promote KINECT and face recognition users

Kinect currently doesn't have many uses for XBOX One users however adding filters like snapchat could be game changing along with green screen removal. This is a perfect way to differentiate MIXER from any other streaming service out there. Mixer could easily limit the filters available while also promoting new titles to Microsoft XBOX one. If Halo 6 is down the road simply add a Master chief filter for xbox streamers with Kinect. Watching streamers stream Halo as Master Chief would be hilarious and probably drive Kinect sales too. Most new PC's also have great face recognition as well for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Song request

Now that Spotify is on Xbox, somehow making a way to use Spotify as a song request service without having to have a capture card for streamers would be cool.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Two major flaws in the Code of Conduct/TOS that need addressed NOW.

I've noticed over my short time on Mixer that people are abusing the Other category. While it sits high up on the list of most viewed categories there are those that will list as Other but play a game that will show up when typed in when you modify game being played. IE Minecraft, NBA 2K18, PUBG, etc. Sure people make mistakes but from my many years when I was at Twitch, people will abuse something if given the chance. And they'll do it because they want views really bad. I find it troubling that after reporting so many streams…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sorting Of USB web camera feature & chat overlay

Include USB camera and chat overlay togather both on stream & streamer that can see.

When testing put the USB C920 camera I noticed that the camera box was only showing on stream, and I couldent see it myself on montior tv.

The chat box as well shows on the montior tv but not stream it self.

Could this be fix and have both showing both on stream and montior tv, when streaming on console.

Also I notice watching my stream too the camera box overlay sometimes goes big box and small box in corner, not sure if this needs…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Individual Video Feeds

Feature to split both "Video/Game/Desktop/Screen" and "Facecam/Camera" into separate feeds, and then displaying them both in the same video player. This would then allow watchers to move it around or disable it completely on top of the video. If for example, they are only interested in the Gameplay etc

A side effect would also be, any streamer who likes to compile stream clips etc can review the stream without his facecam something which is great to have in streams but can be annoying.

lastly, this doesn't necessarily have to apply to just webcams. Overlays and Notifications could also work in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a notification of some kind with visual and auditory aspects for the chat overlay on the Xbox version

For Mixer on the Xbox One, could you please give us the option to get a notification, of some kind, to tell us(People who stream) when there is a message or other things in chat? The notification should be displayed outside of the chat overlay and should have a specific sound and visual so that it doesn't look and sound like the Xbox notification, so it doesn't get confusing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Past Broadcasts

Hi I'd love to see if it's possible a feature where the audience can watch past broadcasts recorded by a streamer. Sometimes I'm busy and tend to miss my streamers' live broadcast. It'll be great to see this option. I hope this a good idea not only for me, but for the audience. Thanks very much

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Additional FTL Encoders

I have recently acquired an AVerMedia Live Gamer PCI card. One the biggest features of this card, is the fact that it can be used as a hardware encoder. However, the AVerMedia H.264 Encoder (c985) cannot be used in conjunction with the FTL Protocol.

I am unsure how the Elgato HD60Pro and other PCI cards work as hardware encoders, but it would be great to see some support for their encoding features, with support for FTL.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GeForce

Been using GeForce to stream on Facebook lately and one night I was setting up to stream on Mixer, but noticed there is no option to stream on Mixer from GeForce Experience. Would love to see that in there. Yes I know I can use OBS but when I do I drop frames like crazy but when I use GeForce Experience its perfect. Also I can have chat bottom Left corner with Viewers on bottom right corner which is really helpful for me. Just A Thought, Love you guys no matter what!! Streaming on Facebook until you guys work ya…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There should be an option to see

There should be an option to see who is banned in the stream and to see which mod has banned that person.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can you guys make it so that when someone is co-op streaming you can completely close their streaming window so that only one person's windo

Can you guys make it so that when someone is co-op streaming you can completely close their streaming window so that only one person's window is active so you can see it bigger

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Live streaming

When streaming a game live from a console, anyone watching the stream should be able to hear the players that are in-game.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Continuing to stream

Would be nice if we could continue to stream while switching games without having to restart our stream.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Volume adjustment for party chat members

Please add a volume adjustment button for party chat members. Some members voice volumes are incredibly loud in comparison to others. At times, specific party members voices overrun my own when I'm chatting.

Perhaps if there was a way to level overall party chat volume so that it's reduced in comparison to the streamer?

One guy I usually party up with is quite loud at times talking in a normal voice. When I watch my VOD's, it sounds like it's his stream because my voice is lower than his.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Volume adjustment for party chat members

Please add a volume adjustment button for party chat members. Some members voice volumes are incredibly loud in comparison to others. At times, specific party members voices overrun my own when I'm chatting.

Perhaps if there was a way to level overall party chat volume so that it's reduced in comparison to the streamer?

One guy I usually party up with is quite loud at times talking in a normal voice. When I watch my VOD's, it sounds like it's his stream because my voice is lower than his.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. crashoverride

make it harder for children to be able to stream to your services! i am seeing way to many children under 13 streaming!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we please have a "Game Development" title as opposed to general "Development"?

Can we please have a "Game Development" title as opposed to general "Development"?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CoStreaming for IRL groups

If you are co-streaming in IRL, it would be nice to still be able to link the channels together.
    Example: Streamer 1 has Streamer 2 over to do a Coop stream.
    They can initiate a "costream" but only have one video feed.
    Viewers then can interact from both channels / see who is casting.
    More of a collab mode.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Paying small streamers and how

When will we have a program that will pay small streamers instead of big streamers. We little streamers wanna do invest in mixer, but how can we do that if we can't get paid for it. Twitch has a good affiliate program and I know for a fact more people would stream on mixer if we had a better program than they do. A way to start earning is by Having a total of 300 hours streaming 30 followers. Always having at least 5-3 constant viewers and different streams everyday that mix it up.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base