Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Report Wrong Game Tag

Many people change games and don't update the game tag, this makes me see people streams content that are not in my interests (I search by game, also wishs for future follow game functionality, as I can do on twitch).
    Based on that I believe a report wrong game tag would incentivate people to update their stream subject.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox Streaming

I stream off of my Xbox and I'm not allowed to change the quality I want to stream at when I stream on MIXER, but if I stream on Twitch I can change the resolution and the bitrate. It would improve Streaming off of an Xbox a lot better experience for the Streamer and the viewers if MIXER added these features.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. OBS Improved Integration

OBS integration currently only allows chat view for Mixer. I'd like to also have the features available to Twitch such as the ability to change stream title/game and view stream stats (eg. current viewers, followers, subscribers)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Everyone can change stream quality

In my opinion it would be better if non-partners' channels will can change stream quality for everone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Chromecast support for Mixer

You need to support CHROMECAST ! I can chromecast Twitch to my tv. But i CANT chromecast Mixer...... extremly inconvenient

394 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  41 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mixer on Apple TV

I want to watch Mixer on Apple TV. Please

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lightstream Going More Public

I believe that Lightstream for Mixer should’ve gone public by now yet it still hasn’t. I know it’s only available for Mixer Pro and Partnered users however most Partnered streamers have some way of using an overlay / music on stream anyway.

I want to be a streamer but I have to start my just using my Xbox which would be totally possible with Lightstream.

I think that the platform should be available for people on the Xbox Insider Hub (Preview Program)

Thanks for reading,
    Jake - Slayzz

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Streaming from Nintendo Switch

I want to stream Nintendo Switch content directly to Mixer without using a third party intermediary. Right now the workaround includes using a capture card installed on a PC while your Switch is plugged into the PC directly. This isn't a bad workaround by any means but it has two weaknesses: 1) capture cards are sort of pricey, and for budget streamers like myself, I found Mixer to be my answer in terms of the lack of peripherals needed to stream Xbox content. and 2) if you're using your PC as a go-between to stream through OBS or whatever other…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Private streams

Hey Mixer Team,
    I'm a regular streamer & building a fantastic community getting connected with everyone on here & socials offline. My aim of the game is to make it to Partnership with you, I have a lot of people already supporting my Channel & everyone in it. I stream games & painting murals on the wall, the streams will have more to view soon eg: work outs, gardening, sewing, arts & crafts, cooking etc... I really want to expand the way I stream & support others to grow too. Just a few days ago in my stream I mentioned…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You should be in a race with Twitch by not forgetting to add this ...

When we go to old videos "Not live ones" and watch them we can't see the chat that was written then.

Add this, twitch had it.

We want you to be the best!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quality Option viewers

Hello, I have been streaming on Twitch for 2 years now and I recently discovered your platform for which I am very pleasantly surprised. Many things make me want to take the step and stream exclusively on Mixer but there is one thing that prevents me at the moment, the system of choice of quality for the viewers.
    Indeed I like to make streams of the best quality possible and your site allows this thanks to a higher bitrate than Twitch but the counter-blow is that the viewers with a weak connection have lags (ps: France is 54th in the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. TV app

I would love for a TV App for Mixer please. On Smart TVs, like samsungs and Sony.

Twitch used to have one, was my favourite pass time leaving streams on my Samsung Smart TV. Perfect dinner entertainment.

But they removed the app and i dont have any easily accessible ways to watch live streaming on my TV.

Please consider releasing a TV app.

Cheers,
    A future mixer fan.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Non partnered channels are able to make clips

So I saw that there is a clips section in the Broadcast Dashboard and I'm problaby not the only one that would like this too happen but it kind of sucks when you need to be a partner inorder to make clips. Some people would like to stream and make clips right away because they might have a youtube channel and can use those clips to make funny moments or montages to show their mixer channel. If this was added this would be amazing!

Sincerely, Mike

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tabbing away from a stream should decrease stream quality to save bandwidth as mixer grows.

Tabbing away from a stream should decrease stream quality to save bandwidth as mixer grows.

If you tab back in, the stream automatically re-adjusts back to the quality you selected. This would save so much bandwidth for people who don't quite use audio only mode, but still have a 1080p stream in the background while at work or at home.This way the prioritization of bandwidth spreads even better to the rest of the viewers who are actively engaged in the tab / have the tab open at all

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Costreams - Viewers decision

Allow the viewer to decide in what orientation they want to see costreams. I'm on a laptop, so it's easier for me to see what's going on if the streams are next to each other. Sure we could always ways ask the streamer to change the view, but then they have to stop what they're doing to change it. It'd also mean people that found it better to view in the previous orientation now have to suffer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a Computer Science Category

Are you guys thinking about adding any educational categories in the future? I am a developer who works with the .NET framework on a daily basis and I think a category for "Computer Science" would be fantastic. It could even be a place for Microsoft developers to stream some .NET work and promote the Microsoft technologies. Streaming side projects would be a great way to teach computer programming to the younger audience already residing on Mixer but also a place where a developer of any skill level could learn something new. I know that I personally would be interested in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dress code

I believe that a livestream set in a place such as a pool/beach/lake etc should not be considered 18+ based off of attire as swimwear is contexual appropriate attire. Think of gymnastics or dance nothing inherently adult about these things but the appropriate attire would generally be a leotard or something similar. I do feel that the setting aspect and acceptable camera angles of this hypothetical change as it may lead to some unintended loopholes, but I do feel changing this particular piece of policy would be beneficial to the streaming site and those who use it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please offer the option to load a stream at specific resolution, and fps option.

Please offer the option to load a stream at specific resolution, and fps option. Preferably 720p @ 30fps, and 1080p @30fps. This 60 fps eats up too much bandwidth and will not load on many devices. #twitchsucks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have spoken to the lightstream team and they are more than willing to push an update for all streamers not just Pro users and light stream

I have spoken to the lightstream team and they are more than willing to push an update for all streamers not just Pro users and light stream is free and was designed for people who couldn’t get the expensive equipment to do other OBS streams therefore I was requested to take it up with Mixer to find out when it will be available for all Mixer streamers 7.99 for a subscription plus Xbox live gold plus broadband plus rent plus food plus clothes for kids etc unfair on those who seriously can’t pay for Mixer Pro when as stated lightstream…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In stream music sharing on the mixer app

Idea came to me when I was playing music on my headphones while I was streaming, I was thinking if mixer would like to implement music on stream for others to enjoy, the concept of cores if you want to implement it or not on your stream, now if they implement sound cloud and spotify but you need to have premium on both accounts in order for them to process because nobody wants to listen to ads I would say it would greatly change the way mixer is as a whole and be different from all the rest of streaming…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base