Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't remove streaming from Game Bar

You just sent me an email saying you're removing the streaming feature from Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10. The feature's already implemented, works fine, and the email gives no reason for removing it.

So... why are you removing it? I use this feature *all the time*. If you want to hide it by default and give me a checkbox to turn it back on, that would be fine for me. But removing it altogether?

If I have to start up complex, buggy OBS every time I want to show a friend a boss battle or something in a game,…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please separate Live/Performing Musicians from the 24/7 radio channels

Twitch has completely dropped the ball on this, this is something that would potentially attract a lot of live musicians who are tired of competing with radio-channel bots if Mixer could get on this. The image I've attached shows the Music category - the top 20+ streams are nothing but this, let's make a "Live Music" or "Performing Musician" category!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. EU: Stream server in Czech Republic?

Greetings mixer support,

I have a big wish for you. Is it possible to create a stream server in Czech Republic?

We are the MIDDLE of the Europe and lot of people could use this stream server, because by my opinion at the moment there is EMPTY SPACE in this area and some people who lives near to Czech Republic has long distance connection between current created servers and it can be sometimes problem and they have unstoppable lags during stream, even if they have faster connection.

For example on my channel i have +10 average viewers last 3 days…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't remove Mixer from game bar

Please don't remove Mixer from the Windows Game Bar. My computer is not equipped to handle two big programs at once. I am not able to run my game and use an outside streaming software at the same time. I was only able to stream because Mixer was integrated into Windows. Now I won't be able to stream at all.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Music streams

Is it possible to remove music streams from the starting area? New streamers have no chance of being discovered, as the music streams block the homepage

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. No more windows 10 bar? No more Mixer

The only reason I use Mixer is bc of the extremely low latency I got when broadcasting it via the Windows 10 game bar, which made it perfect for social streaming. Just got the email today saying they’re phasing it out, and I’ll need to use XSplit or OBS, and be plagued by latency and finicky middleware whenever I want to broadcast a game to my friends. Oh, but I CAN still use the game bar for “screen capture and sharing, controlling your music and audio settings, finding new teammates with Looking for Group (LFG), and chatting with Xbox friends…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Xbox Game Bar

I'm gonna miss streaming with a tap of my finger with Xbox game bar

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please Don't Remove Mixer From The Windows 10 Game Bar..

It's literally the only way I stream. My PC can't handle OBS because it's ****. (my pc is ****, not obs.) If you could revert the change, that would be nice.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mixer is worse platform to stream

Before I leave mixer, I just wanna say one thing. I joined Mixer like a month ago, now I find mixer is not the best platform to stream because they always put Ninja on Top of the stream and new streamers like us don't get any chance/ people. Also, when Ninja is streaming and yes he streams probably 24/7, there are no chance that people will come and watch you. Every time i come to stream i see Ninja streaming and even if i start stream there are no people to watch because everyone is watching Ninja. Even people with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add IP Binding support to FTL

FTL does not support IP binding within programs like OBS. Because of this lack of support, I cannot stream using FTL because I have to use specific networks. I really enjoy FTL, but I have to use RTMP in the meantime...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. South African Ingest Servers

With Microsoft launching Azure Cloud services in both Johannesburg and Cape Town soon, how difficult would it be to set up a Mixer ingest server (or two!) in this region?

There are thousands of Xbox and Win10 gamers in South and Southern Africa, and most of them need to rely on the +100ms pings to London or Amsterdam whenever they try streaming. Sadly, this doesn't work very well. The same is true from a viewer perspective too - poor internet connections make watching a Mixer stream (especially on mobile) a challenge for many.

There's huge potential to grow the Mixer…

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow PS4 & Switch streaming via xbox hmdi in

If you don't have a stream PC the only gaming device you can stream to Mixer is your Xbox One. Which leads many to believe that Mixer is an Xbox only platform. This is simply not true and to combat these problems I have a very novel solution. While this topic has been discussed in some measure here on feedback this particular solution hasn't been brought up as far as I can tell.

While the Mixer streaming app on Xbox is AMAZING it currently isn't offered for the PS4 or Switch. Instead of developing an app for these devices which…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mixer poderia adicionar a ferramenta fazer lives criando evento igual o Youtube com isso tornando mais seguro as lives

Mixer poderia adicionar a ferramenta fazer lives criando evento igual o Youtube com isso tornando mais seguro as lives.
    Essa ferramenta CRIAR EVENTO ela recebe os dados da lives quando iniciamos no programa: OBS STUDIO, STRAMLABS, XSPLIT e etc.... e começa a enviar dados para a página do evento e só dar início quando iniciamos na página do evento e se caso faltar energia ou cair a net o evento continua , mas sem receber dados e quando tudo volta ao normal a live é retomada e permanece como uma live só com isso evitando das lives divididas em várias…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Xbox crashing while streaming mixer

While I'm streaming on Xbox for Mixer, occasionally my xbox will beep for a long second before shutting off. It only happens while i'm streaming on mixer. Not sure what is going on!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add transitions to Lightstream

So, right now with Lightstream, to change scenes, you just have to click between them and then it takes a few seconds for any overlay features to load in. A good addition would be transitions so you can ready up a scene and then have a smoother transition to it, like with other streaming software.

Just a little addition here, would also be good to have the Pause Screen changeable so when you turn off of a game, it'll default to a selected screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Forbid AFK Streaming

The amount of streams that are live with practically no content whatsoever is detrimental to those who actually produces content on the platform and to Mixer itself.

Within your Rules Of Conduct, stream rules include "Content Quality". How can showing a main menu for 20+ hours a day be classed as quality content?

Is it really their own content if all they are doing is streaming some menu within a game?

Time to take action Mixer. Improve the quality of content across your platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. HypeZone for Minecraft

So you might be thinking how you gonna add HypeZone for minecraft but I thought It would be cool if HypeZone hosted random minecraft streamers to showcase all their build to the viewers

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding more games to Hype Zone

Please add more games to the Hype Zone. There are many (Indie) Battle Royale Games which are as big as Fortnite and PUBG but are great and deserve the hype.

For example:
    - Super Animal Royale
    - Ring of Elysium
    - Realm Royale
    - H1Z1
    - Island of Nyne
    - Battlerite Royale

Great games which are played a lot and would bring some fresh air to the platform.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Game Blacklist and Banned Game Policy

Currently, there is only a soft policy on what games can or cannot be streamed, leading to excessive force when someone streams a game Mixer has no definitive green light or red light on. The only mention of this in Mixer's Rules of Conduct are as follows:

"Disallowed Games - Games where the primary focus of the game is *** or nudity, are not allowed to be streamed on Mixer unless modded to reduce or remove the adult content."

Understandably, the list of games with adult-oriented content is long, but leaving the streamer to "guess" what is excessive or not…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clip VODs

It would be super nifty if we could clip our VODs the same way we clip our streams. Opening an old VOD, watching it and finding the perfect part to clip.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base