Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

Help us make Mixer better for everyone.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need "Retro" category.

We need a category for "Retro" rather than "Other" so it's much easier to be discovered for Retro gaming.

218 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. South African Ingest Servers

With Microsoft launching Azure Cloud services in both Johannesburg and Cape Town soon, how difficult would it be to set up a Mixer ingest server (or two!) in this region?

There are thousands of Xbox and Win10 gamers in South and Southern Africa, and most of them need to rely on the +100ms pings to London or Amsterdam whenever they try streaming. Sadly, this doesn't work very well. The same is true from a viewer perspective too - poor internet connections make watching a Mixer stream (especially on mobile) a challenge for many.

There's huge potential to grow the Mixer…

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. hypezone

HypeZone for Hi-Rez games like Paladins, Smite and Realm Royale! Ranked play for Paladins show the raw emotion and excitement of victory and defeat!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clip VODs

It would be super nifty if we could clip our VODs the same way we clip our streams. Opening an old VOD, watching it and finding the perfect part to clip.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Chromecast support for Mixer

You need to support CHROMECAST ! I can chromecast Twitch to my tv. But i CANT chromecast Mixer...... extremly inconvenient

347 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  37 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. You should add mixer on PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4 has an opening we only have twitch and YouTube I think mixer will be good it will grow better on PlayStation

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support for Non-Partners

As a streamer, I find it disheartening when browsing through up and coming channels, I only ever see partnered channels. And it's always channels with thousands of followers.

This makes it harder, for anyone new to streaming on Mixer to grow. I think, if we had a new category for small channels it would help them become recognised and help their channels grow. So if I wanted to watch a channel fairly new, I'd just scroll to "New to Mixer" tab for example, and see which channels are new.

This could work in the same way as "Growing Channels" which…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Vod Resolution

Be able to change the resolution on vods!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clip Previews

I would LOVE the ability for when we are posting our Mixer Clips on Social Media, Discord, Websites, etc, that the thumbnail preview actually show a frame of the clip, rather than the streamers profile.

Just makes the clip much more attractive to use for social media, and brings it in line with other services such as Youtube, Twitch, Vimeo, etc.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HypeZone for Realm Royale

I would love to see HypeZone for Realm Royale, as soon as possible:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/813820/Realm_Royale/

The game is so much fun, it's a different kind of Battle Royale game and I believe it's going to be super popular!

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PS4 Built In Streaming

I searched the Feedback Portal for "PS4". Over the first few pages I totaled up 303 votes over multiple different posts in favor for built in streaming to mixer on the PS4.

We all now it is a microsoft company but the Mixer team should still look into putting mixer support on ps4. Mixer has been doing very well in the streaming world with number of people on the platform along with helping to push the world of streaming. Another platform will only help push the limits.

303 votes (over multiple posts) should be a high enough number to at…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop auto-refreshing to source

I, like many people do not have the greatest internet, so we are forced to lower the quality of the stream. The website however likes to auto-refresh to source and if it can't do that, it will force off FTL and drop stream quality to 240p. I can handle FTL. I cannot handle FTL at 1080p.

Please stop the auto-source and have it respect the transcoding quality options we select. I don't want to fight the site just to watch my favourite streamers

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Streaming from Nintendo Switch

I want to stream Nintendo Switch content directly to Mixer without using a third party intermediary. Right now the workaround includes using a capture card installed on a PC while your Switch is plugged into the PC directly. This isn't a bad workaround by any means but it has two weaknesses: 1) capture cards are sort of pricey, and for budget streamers like myself, I found Mixer to be my answer in terms of the lack of peripherals needed to stream Xbox content. and 2) if you're using your PC as a go-between to stream through OBS or whatever other…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PS4 direct stream to mixer

I’m a PS4 console player and I would love to be able to stream straight from my PS4 to mixer, I know lots of PS4 players would love to see that feature. Please, is there anything you guys can do?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. QUALITY OF PAST STREAMS

It would be great if you could modify the quality of past stream in order to watch them in lower quality for those who don`t have a excelent internet conection. You can do that during streaming but not with past streamings.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Playing music on Xbox console

My idea is that you add a way for Xbox streamers to add music to their streams through the console. Some of the ufortunate of us are unable to afford a pc to stream from and a capture card. This idea could really help myself out with streaming and many others with the same problem. I’d suggest allowing with soundclound as they would not be copyrighted songs like Spotify :) ty for your time

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Chroma Key on Lightstream

I'd love to see Chroma Key support on Lightstream. I feel it would be possible to set an area of the screen or a particular source to run through a chroma key to work a green screen for a face-cam or anything like that.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fire TV cube and Chromecast ultra with 4K streaming

Really love the mixer app on Xbox one X streaming 4K. Really want to have the mixer on fire TV cube and Chromecast ultra.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let us stream onto YouTube and twitch Not just onto mixer but other streaming sites

I feel we should be able to stream onto different sites on the Xbox not just mixer and that’s it we should be given the option to stream onto different sites like YouTube and twitch not just mixer this should be an option on Xbox and this option should’ve been added a long time ago on Xbox and we shouldn’t be telling you guys this now anyway that is my idea for mixer/the Xbox one thank you for your time and I hope you take this into consideration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add game chat audio

I use mixer quite a bit to stream and make those streams into YouTube videos. But here’s the only issue that has bothered me into making videos. Game Chat Cannot Be Heard. I’d really appreciate it if mixer had the ability to capture game chat because I’ll play with ps4 people while playing Fortnite and their voices cannot be heard on stream. Thus making videos hard to make when there’s no dialogue. Please mixer add voice chat being heard in the streaming service :)))

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Mixer Feedback & Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base