Mixer Feedback & Ideas

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of Mixer ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. The teams working on Mixer regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will read all suggestions, and we may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

Thanks for helping us to improve Mixer!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mix it Up button

Mix It Up button.

This could be a fun new way to discover new and random streamers across Mixer. A simple button that sends you to a random stream (in your rating group)? Like the stream? Stay and interact! Not for you? Hit Mix It Up again!

Could have a fun animation, that encourages people to Mix It Up!

Super simple but fun concept.

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Game and Stream Filters

While I have seen a few topics already started talking about filtering for gaming platform discovery, there is another area that should gather some attention. Being able to distinguish console from PC is important, especially when people come into chat and ask "is this on Xbox?", but what about the stream itself?
    There are those of us out there who prefer to watch a stream with or without a web cam, or even just no mic or webcam. I've had other streamers and viewers from my chat agree with me on this. When looking through "Up and Coming" or anywhere…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Follower Tab

I think it'd be really cool to have a tab in Browse next to "Following" labeled "Followers" which when clicked shows all the live channels that follow you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sort search results based on applicable statistics

Currently, search results return what appears to be an unsorted list of results. It would be helpful if searching returned results weighted by stats or "relevancy"

For example, if you search for Markiplier, you get a ton of channels that start with "markiplier" but none of these are the markiplier you're probably looking for. In fact, Markiplier is the last channel in the results list.

Anyway, hope that makes sense!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Note to "Following" Page

When you go to the "Following" page and click through the games, and no one you are following is streaming that game you simply get a "No channels found" message. In my opinion, this should be expanded to something like "No followed channels streaming {game}. [Click here] to see non-followed channels" or something of that sort.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Toggle Xbox Streamers

With the huge influx of Xbox streamers can we please get a toggle option to filter them out of the lists? they are everywhere and just complexity spamming the lists.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Categories

Adding all types of Categories to Beam so you can find what you want to watch (specifically)
    On the Beam home page there is
    Featured - All Streamers - Up and Coming - Teams - Homes (mock image attached)
    Homes (or Categories) will drill down/animate another bar of all the homes that are a part of Beams Family
    All - PC - Console - Mobile - Creative - IRL - Music - Esports (and we can add in any others that are missing) and now the newly added Console Broadcasting!
    Any broadcaster can tag their stream to be in a…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tab For Streams That Are Beginning

So I was ending my stream last night and wanted to carry on the stream to someone else, but the person I chose had been streaming for eight hours and were actually just ending. Whoops! It's always really cool to catch a stream that is just starting up and be there from the beginning, so could there be a tab that shows streams that are in the first 5-25 minutes? (right after setup and testing, but before really getting settled in to the flow)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mouse Over Descriptions on Channel Thumbnails

Not sure if this should go under Discovery or Interface, sorry. As a new Beam user, I'm finding it difficult to spot channels of interest to me because the search results don't provide channel descriptions.

This is especially problematic for the miscellaneous non-game stuff, as well as offline channels.

I'd suggest mousing over a channel's thumbnail in search results should bring up that channel's greeting/about text.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a category of broadcasts made by Windows 10

Now with the new system to broadcast live through the Windows 10 game bar, it would be nice to have a category or option to watch streaming made with this feature

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alphabetic Game List Order

I'm not sure if this has been requested already, but wasn't able to find anything.
    Could we get a game order option to be Alphabetical instead of by view count?
    Something like an icon A >Z and then an "eye" to switch between the orders.

Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a VR category, game independent

Add a VR category, game independent. It'd be really nice to be able to sift through all VR-streams, without having to pick any particular game

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. On Browse Stream Page add a section for Hosts below the "live" People You Follow"

At present the only way to know of a host occuring by people you follow is to be in the channel when the host is activated. A good idea, one that would benefit greatly those recieving the hosts, is to place a section below the "People You Follow" on the Browse Steam page. This would show people logging in onto Beam that someone you like to watch is supporting another Streamer with their fan base and exposing them to newer audiences.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Suggestion or recommendation algorithm

I don't know how you would go about making an algorithm for this, but one of the biggest problems I have when it comes to watching streams is that I just don't know what I'm looking for. I find a couple of streams I really like, but when they are not online, there's just a flood of random streams. It would be awesome if there was a feature that recommended new streams to me in much the same way that YouTube recommends new videos to me. That way I could at least get a general idea of streams I might…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a section for streams with no commentary

Add a section for streams with no commentary.
    It be sweet if there was a category to find streamers who just stream gameplay without the commentary. Just to see their play style & the games story.
    I currently use YouTube for this but I'd rather use Beam.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sub Categories

Most Categories do not need this but there are a few categories that it would be nice to have a sub category for. I do game development and design some times and don't want to just have design as the game. It would be cool if you could set a sub game category. This could be useful for gaming streams as well. If you are playing competitive cs go you would have a different feeling from non competitive or being able to add interactive as a sub category or join-able would all be nice things to add to the end…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Featured Indie Games

As a big fan of the N64, Alot of my games I tend to enjoy come from Indie because of their toonish style alot of the time. And with Microsoft and Beam working together I hope this gives a platform for Indie Devs to reach out and acquire the ability to add more games to Xbox.

However in general my idea is as follows. Featured Indie Games: Allow the ability for games that at the bare minimum doing "Press Release" of their games to show them off to be featured on the homepage. Allowing the streamers currently streaming the games…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ESRB/Channel Audience from Player.me

So right now, the list of Games that we can list for our stream are taken from Player.me, but what if we could also automatically assign whatever the Channel Audience for that stream is, determined by what game we're streaming?

This would probably require some change to Player.me as well to include the ESRB rating, so that Beam could grab it via an API.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Front Page - Automated/Manual/Scheduled Streamer Picks

Featuring on the Front Page is a joy and a privilege. It should definitely feel that way! But, those given that honor should also be responsible for representing Beam.Pro in a positive way.

I propose an opt-in system where users must read, understand, and accept certain quality content standards in order to be elgible for representation on the front page. Once accepted their channel is placed into an automated rotation. Streamers should be notified in someway of their being highlighted so they can be sure to abide by the agreement they submitted themselves to for that honor.

Manual over-ride. On…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tags/Filters to find or display games. (just like LFG Xbox feature but of course for Beam games)

Like the title says, it would nice to be able to find games based on our tags.

For example:
    The streamer can add "no mic" "no cam" to the tags, so if people are interested in a stream with that, they will know what channel/tag not to search and click on.

It could also help to know what kind of interactive stream channels are using, from just soundboard to interactive automated buttons or co-op or something like that.

Also streamers can add the "no swearing" tag so people know those channels will be okay if they don't like so much…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base